• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot dam(n). That Rose got some thorns!

Comment

Where is the Ca?

Comment

Please join me in flagging this thread to be deleted, This is not right:

Merriam-Webster

maroon
        ma·​roon | \ mə-ˈrün

Definition of maroon
        : a dark red

maroon
        verb
        marooned; marooning; maroons

transitive verb
        1 : to put ashore on a desolate island or coast and leave to one's fate
        2 : to place or leave in isolation or without hope of ready escape

maroon
        noun (2)
        1 : a person who is marooned
        2 capitalized : a fugitive black slave of the West Indies and Guiana in the 17th and 18th centuries
        also : a descendant of such a slave

Comment

So... why delete it???
          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
            So... why delete it???
            Because it is a post a racist would make and has absolutely nothing to do with this treasure hunt.... But that is just my opinion..... It would be politically correct... Why can't you see that?
            This is how it starts:

Keyword: Maroon

03-18-2020, 12:29 AM

KEYWORD IN POEM -- One Word to Rule them ALL

This is written by a bigot!

Last edited by Coinaster; 04-16-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Hm... this is just one of many angles to look at it... I don‘t think it was meant to be like you see it...
              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Fuzz was super smart and as funny! He probably still is... but not here... I miss him! And I don‘t think he meant to write something racist! And he can‘t defend himself right now so I don‘t see a reason to delete this thread, although there were better OPs from him...
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
                  Fuzz was exploring the possibility of the word maroon being THE key word. He was just brainstorming, that is not a bad thing. I’m sure most of us do quite a bit of brainstorming but are less vocal about it. Just because the word maroon can also mean something unpleasant doesn’t mean Fuzz was using it in that way. We should be cautious when it comes to freedom of speech, being overly sensitive can end up biting us in the buns
                  Probably not the first time this Jack of Asses has spoken from his nigh side and gotten hisself into some trouble. Some poor soles just don't know when to lace up and walk straight. Sounds to me a likely case of maniacal compulsion toward deliberate disorderliness. And that's putting it graciously. (How he managed to get knighted is beyond me ... )

Click image for larger version

Name:	jack of asses.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	153000
                  Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 04-19-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post
                    Ive got a cool keyword riddle for ya, well i think its cool. How can the keyword be in the poem yet not be? Maybe thatll help with how u can look right at it and not see it
                    Quantum mechanics, I suppose. (I don't play that game when treasure hunting.)

Comment

Fuzz was exploring the possibility of the word maroon being THE key word. He was just brainstorming, that is not a bad thing. I’m sure most of us do quite a bit of brainstorming but are less vocal about it. Just because the word maroon can also mean something unpleasant doesn’t mean Fuzz was using it in that way. We should be cautious when it comes to freedom of speech, being overly sensitive can end up biting us in the buns
                      Political correctness is the new fascism and is chilling on speech.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

Political correctness is the new fascism and is chilling on speech.
                        Worse than political correctness is the hypocrisy around it.
                        Justice Kavanaugh - EVIL Rapist!

Joe Bide -- Just Joe being Joe.

Comment

Fuzz probably gets punched in the arm a lot.
                          I would have dubbed him sir purple arms.
                          literally Coated with them.
                          i didn't know he and Americana were buds like that ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	frog punch.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	153056

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Quantum mechanics, I suppose. (I don't play that game when treasure hunting.)
                            Me neither...that the best u got cmon?!

Comment

This "maroon" thing isn't so far fetched. Study them in TTOTC.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
                                This "maroon" thing isn't so far fetched. Study them in TTOTC.
                                Many have considered the idea of TC being on an ISLAND or also at the location of a shipwreck.

there's this one spot in Yellowstone ...

i don't think, in those weekly questions with JK, Fenn just throws slings words out without real purpose, design.

Fenn mentions the word CREAN as a "lost word" meaning when a car effectively gets marooned - wrecked with no way out.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	Crean ff.PNG Views:	0 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	153098

Crean also literally means "heart."

Click image for larger version  Name:	crean.PNG Views:	0 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	153099

I find it fitting that 1920's film Marooned HEARTS, is a lost film, about a young man searching for great things.
                                Could the last remaining copy be waiting for us inside TC on a certain island among all the wreckage?

Click image for larger version  Name:	marooned hearts.PNG Views:	0 Size:	312.5 KB ID:	153100

I wouldn't put much past this man, and I mean that in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X