Is the LS a Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post
    Do you think the LS may have done something idiotic and now Forrest doesn't like them anymore?
    Rumpel...shall we guess your name? Nah, I don't think the LS did anything wrong or idiotic all will be known only on Fenn's time. However, I am a believer that true genius is much more prevalent than people think. I think each person has a little genius expressed somewhere if you can tease it out. On the flip side I suppose true idiocy is the same, we've all got some. Failure is an important part of life.

If there was a change in thought it is only in realizing the deductions that the poem and Fenn have alluded. After all Fenn provided the major and minor premises throughout his communications is it wrong for the LS to reach conclusions. I think that much like the scientific process failure is important and can be as useful or more so than success. I even think there are deeper rabbit holes that even the LS'rs most recent deductions have probably adduced to Fenn.

I think Fenn wants to play along and enjoys watching his student but students get precocious as is their nature. They do have a desire to please and perhaps as they tease out new understanding of the poem they communicate such to Fenn.

To some extent the LS may be a useful idiot to help Fenn achieve a greater purpose, but what if the LS feels the same way as him. I think the LS misses alot and through back engineering the solve finds plenty of confirmation and frequently thinks that he or she is an idiot that failed to see.

As an afterthought as we all ruminate, snowed in under a viral blizzard...we should take time to collect our thoughts and consider matters of state at home.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

Rumpel...shall we guess your name? Nah, I don't think the LS did anything wrong or idiotic all will be known only on Fenn's time. However, I am a believer that true genius is much more prevalent than people think. I think each person has a little genius expressed somewhere if you can tease it out. On the flip side I suppose true idiocy is the same, we've all got some. Failure is an important part of life.

If there was a change in thought it is only in realizing the deductions that the poem and Fenn have alluded. After all Fenn provided the major and minor premises throughout his communications is it wrong for the LS to reach conclusions. I think that much like the scientific process failure is important and can be as useful or more so than success. I even think there are deeper rabbit holes that even the LS'rs most recent deductions have probably adduced to Fenn.

I think Fenn wants to play along and enjoys watching his student but students get precocious as is their nature. They do have a desire to please and perhaps as they tease out new understanding of the poem they communicate such to Fenn.

To some extent the LS may be a useful idiot to help Fenn achieve a greater purpose, but what if the LS feels the same way as him. I think the LS misses alot and through back engineering the solve finds plenty of confirmation and frequently thinks that he or she is an idiot that failed to see.

As an afterthought as we all ruminate, snowed in under a viral blizzard...we should take time to collect our thoughts and consider matters of state at home.
      Thanks atticus.
      If the LS misses alot then what does that say about the rest of us?

Comment

Like pinky and the Brain type

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
          Like pinky and the Brain type
          Good one (pinky).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            We may never know whether LS is a genius. Here's why. We all do stupid (i.e., "idiotic") things. If doing an idiotic thing qualifies one as an idiot, then it may be arguable that even Einstein was occasionally an idiot. But can a person be both a genius and an idiot? I don't know the correct, thoroughly informative answer to that question.

I just read about one of the co-founders of the popular rock group Chicago. He was highly praised for his musical abilities, but at age 31 apparently mistakenly killed himself by a gunshot to the head, apparently unaware that the gun was loaded. The phrase "too stupid to survive" comes to mind.

By contrast, if someone is walking on a (presumably safe) sidewalk, and gets killed by a unicorn that fell from the sky after being on mars, I'm not automatically going to assume that the person died as a
            direct result of being too stupid to survive. And no, it's not really my intention to bore anyone to death. If it happens, I apologize in advance.
            https://dsq-sds.org/article/view/3407/3640

Comment

Like a genius, I can't remember my Netflix password, so maybe I've got a chance.
              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Unstable genius: volatile, passionate, surging, like LeStat the vampire. Nicer than vampires. Ready to throw heavy metal horns and tackle life's obstructions.
                perhaps.

Comment

Unstable. Given name Gordon. Cree/Nakoda .

Comment

Originally posted by Rouxgaroux View Post
                    Unstable. Given name Gordon. Cree/Nakoda .
                    Cree got one hell of a singing band.

Comment

You all make them sound like they are unstable, short-sighted, dimwitted, violent, aggressive, bi-polar, ADHD tendencies, but they are still ahead of you! Where does that put you? Even farther behind.

Comment

The LS would be independent, perhaps rough-natured, because they already said f everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                          The LS would be independent, perhaps rough-natured, because they already said f everything else.
                          That sounds like the Teeth of the Rockies saying that was going around. You may be Right, if things get really bad the LS figures they always have the Rockies for a safe haven. How does a person get to the point where they can say f everything else?

Comment

That sounds like the Teeth of the Rockies saying that was going around. You may be Right, if things get really bad the LS figures they always have the Rockies for a safe haven. How does a person get to the point where they can say f everything else?
                            Maybe if you walked in this so called LS shoes you might understand. Maybe this so called LS watches the blogs and sees all the ridicule on top of trying to solve Fenn poem. I feel for the guy/girl.
                            Last edited by Misconstrued; 04-08-2020, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I certainly have no animosity towards the LS.

Comment

No faith in where society was headed; shakes their head at society's pitfalls, which are always exacerbated by bi-partisan rules. Used to always look at maps of the Rockies, long before the Chase, pointed, said "around there," because that was the destiny all along. Didn't pray for an easy life, but prayed for the strength to endure a difficult one.
                                kind of stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X