Covid-19 cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quest View Post

So you should know my statement is accurate.
    So is 14000 deaths every year acceptable ?
    Then why hasn't there been such extreme efforts to curb RSV?
    The 2 trillion plus giveaway certainly has more to do with it than the bug.
    Hospitals are one of the biggest profiteers in the USA.
    Never let a good crisis go to waste. So let's panic the world and RIP off a piece for the medical profiteers.
    I understand what you are saying. I believe your statement is accurate and I wasn't trying to disagree with you. I used to have the same thoughts even a month ago about RSV and Flu compared to Corona until it all broke loose here. I deal with RSV on a daily basis, but of course it's mostly with the little kiddos. It is a problem that's been around, but not to the effect of it overwhelming the hospital system like COVID is currently. It would be a lot worse if most of the nation was shut down.

My statement wasn't to back the hospital system profits, but more to try and make a point to not underestimate this pandemic. RSV is year round and hospitals can manage this type of load. I appreciate your comments always Quest.

MC

Comment

• most people dont have time to look things up, most people just watch tv and pretty much get the gist, just go along with the program. Think about how north Koreans view the world, the Amish, or the Sentinelese. Maybe that alone is too much to think about, then you should probably STOP reading. It's just such a pain to fight and want the truth, it's annoying, like being around Jerry Fletcher all day. I'll tell ya what, watch this video, i know it's an hour, but you can 2x it, and tap the vid and it advances it 10-20-30 seconds at a time, you can also just scroll the time bar, so you can get the "gist". I wouldn't want you to waste the little time we all have left. namaste
      https://youtu.be/CtfqUtW_8AA

Comment

• Originally posted by khan View Post
        most people dont have time to look things up, most people just watch tv and pretty much get the gist, just go along with the program. Think about how north Koreans view the world, the Amish, or the Sentinelese. Maybe that alone is too much to think about, then you should probably STOP reading. It's just such a pain to fight and want the truth, it's annoying, like being around Jerry Fletcher all day. I'll tell ya what, watch this video, i know it's an hour, but you can 2x it, and tap the vid and it advances it 10-20-30 seconds at a time, you can also just scroll the time bar, so you can get the "gist". I wouldn't want you to waste the little time we all have left. namaste
        https://youtu.be/CtfqUtW_8AA
        YEP
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Comment

• At work I have become the evil one today! We have an individual who is retiring next week and the company has plans to acknowledge his services with a luncheon. Plan is to consider Covid19 and limit people to exposure. A well thought out plan has been set up so that people who normally work together will attend at the same time in groups of less than 10... A lot of effort has gone into this! I went to the president today and told him how ludicrous this is! The one person in this celebration that we must consider is the individual that is retiring.... We will be exposing him to almost 70 different people and he is the oldest and most susceptible of all employees. I envision an unfair outcome from Coronavirus. Well I am white and he is black and I have been subjected to racists remarks when I truly only have his best interest at heart... I get that! The shit storm is still brewing and is yet undecided... I have explained my position and have asked that the retiree decides his fate.... I will support his decision.... But, at 61 years.... I might not attend in my time slot which is last......

Comment

• Higher management positions do not equate into higher intelligence, this is why the world is currently in the situation it is in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
              At work I have become the evil one today! We have an individual who is retiring next week and the company has plans to acknowledge his services with a luncheon. Plan is to consider Covid19 and limit people to exposure. A well thought out plan has been set up so that people who normally work together will attend at the same time in groups of less than 10... A lot of effort has gone into this! I went to the president today and told him how ludicrous this is! The one person in this celebration that we must consider is the individual that is retiring.... We will be exposing him to almost 70 different people and he is the oldest and most susceptible of all employees. I envision an unfair outcome from Coronavirus. Well I am white and he is black and I have been subjected to racists remarks when I truly only have his best interest at heart... I get that! The shit storm is still brewing and is yet undecided... I have explained my position and have asked that the retiree decides his fate.... I will support his decision.... But, at 61 years.... I might not attend in my time slot which is last......
              During your time slot, have someone bring him a card from you, explaining your decision and why you thought it was best. And if you truly like him, tell him you plan on taking him out to lunch when this blows over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

I understand what you are saying. I believe your statement is accurate and I wasn't trying to disagree with you. I used to have the same thoughts even a month ago about RSV and Flu compared to Corona until it all broke loose here. I deal with RSV on a daily basis, but of course it's mostly with the little kiddos. It is a problem that's been around, but not to the effect of it overwhelming the hospital system like COVID is currently. It would be a lot worse if most of the nation was shut down.

My statement wasn't to back the hospital system profits, but more to try and make a point to not underestimate this pandemic. RSV is year round and hospitals can manage this type of load. I appreciate your comments always Quest.

MC
                It is the panic media and public officials caused that is overwhelming anything. Panic buying has led to lack of supplies. So what about the RSV ?
                Shouldn't there be new laws to help lower those numbers ? Like no more self serve food and drink ? That would help tremendously. Not very hindering to life as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

MC
                  You know what pisses me off about the covid 19 hype ?
                  Just 2 weeks ago cdc website showed 33 million people get rsv worldwide. They removed that information. I dont like being manipulated by statistics being added or taken away. Covid 19 is not even close to being as bad as rsv in number or death rate. Yet the hype goes on. I would not even know about rsv other than my youngest son almost died from it at 2 weeks old 20 years ago.

Comment

• It’s interesting to read from the beginning of this thread. I’ve been at home for 2 weeks. My area is about 1.5 weeks ahead of the country. Same thing happened here, the chorus of ‘exaggeration!’ And ‘panic!’ When your state is locked down, you’ll see a very fast change, which tends to throw people into shock and seriousness. particularly when people around you are diagnosed.

I have 2 clients who have this. One is 29 and hospitalized. It is a creepy illness with very strange symptoms you do not want to get. Forget about the death rate, which is going to be spectacular, 1% is millions. My county has about 200k residents. 1% is 2,000 people. We have only 2 hospitals and 12 ICU beds. How about your county? Ours are already full. Where will those 1,988 desperately sick people go? See? They are turning the convention center in a nearby town into a hospital.

Remember that ‘cases’ are people who’ve been tested. Here, only immunocompromised high risk or people in ICU can be tested, so #s don’t reflect reality of infections. Others are told, yeah, you probably have it, stay home unless you have trouble breathing.

Some think it’s a ridiculous panic because it hasn’t touched them yet. In CA, the curve is beginning to flatten, but CA is expecting a 90 day surge in hospitals as people move from nonsymptomatic to 5-12 days later symptomatic to 5 days later in hospital and for some, 7-10 days later, ICU. In those states who locked down after last Mon. or not at all? It’s accelerating.

I am BOTG in this, but fortunately somewhat isolated from danger. This is no joke and death rate 10x that of flu. Avoid cable news. Visit your local county public health website. Stay safe. National Parks will very likely be closed through at least part of summer. Please don’t plan to search anywhere where people are, where you can’t stay 6’ away from them. Stay well, sanitize, sleep, boost immunity, take care of yourself and look out for neighbors who are alone.

The chest will still be there in the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by chesttroll View Post

During your time slot, have someone bring him a card from you, explaining your decision and why you thought it was best. And if you truly like him, tell him you plan on taking him out to lunch when this blows over.
                      Yes,
                      Thank you for this.... I am management in my company.... Likely the # 3 guy.... I take my leadership very seriously and understand that we all put our pants on one leg at a time.... In my eyes we are all equals... While it is important to acknowledge this employee's sacrifice and contribution to the success of our overall company. Trust me, this individual has been a integral part of what this company has become.... I love him and want to thank him for his service.... I can tell him my feelings in an email.... I don't need to do this where I or someone else could potentially kill him! It is Covid19 reality....

Others don't share my conviction...... But know this... I fight for everyone......
                      Last edited by Coinaster; 03-26-2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                        It’s interesting to read from the beginning of this thread. I’ve been at home for 2 weeks. My area is about 1.5 weeks ahead of the country. Same thing happened here, the chorus of ‘exaggeration!’ And ‘panic!’ When your state is locked down, you’ll see a very fast change, which tends to throw people into shock and seriousness. particularly when people around you are diagnosed.

I have 2 clients who have this. One is 29 and hospitalized. It is a creepy illness with very strange symptoms you do not want to get. Forget about the death rate, which is going to be spectacular, 1% is millions. My county has about 200k residents. 1% is 2,000 people. We have only 2 hospitals and 12 ICU beds. How about your county? Ours are already full. Where will those 1,988 desperately sick people go? See? They are turning the convention center in a nearby town into a hospital.

Remember that ‘cases’ are people who’ve been tested. Here, only immunocompromised high risk or people in ICU can be tested, so #s don’t reflect reality of infections. Others are told, yeah, you probably have it, stay home unless you have trouble breathing.

Some think it’s a ridiculous panic because it hasn’t touched them yet. In CA, the curve is beginning to flatten, but CA is expecting a 90 day surge in hospitals as people move from nonsymptomatic to 5-12 days later symptomatic to 5 days later in hospital and for some, 7-10 days later, ICU. In those states who locked down after last Mon. or not at all? It’s accelerating.

I am BOTG in this, but fortunately somewhat isolated from danger. This is no joke and death rate 10x that of flu. Avoid cable news. Visit your local county public health website. Stay safe. National Parks will very likely be closed through at least part of summer. Please don’t plan to search anywhere where people are, where you can’t stay 6’ away from them. Stay well, sanitize, sleep, boost immunity, take care of yourself and look out for neighbors who are alone.

The chest will still be there in the fall.
                        1% of Americans get rsv every year. Same symptoms, means of transmission and much higher death rate. Nobody cares.

Comment

• Kids are off from school.... Social distancing will save us.... On my street when I come home from work there are around 20 children gathering together riding bikes, shooting hoops, playing.... What is the point of social separation when they gather anyway?

Comment

• Coinaster I applaud your dedication, you are trying to do your part and that’s what we all should be doing.
                            Those parents are being irresponsible, I would talk to them. I wish people would take this more seriously, you don’t even need to watch the news when the people who work in the hospitals are telling you first hand how horrible this is, believe them. Have you seen this video?

Comment

• Originally posted by willynilly View Post
                              Coinaster I applaud your dedication, you are trying to do your part and that’s what we all should be doing.
                              Those parents are being irresponsible, I would talk to them. I wish people would take this more seriously, you don’t even need to watch the news when the people who work in the hospitals are telling you first hand how horrible this is, believe them. Have you seen this video?
                              Cool video, to bad there are not enough matches with legs out there. LOL.... well sort of.

Comment

• Colorado is now locked down, only this time they didn't dress me and orange and told me to stay home, dummy's.
                                Last edited by ultrasharp sunshine; 03-26-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X