• Art

Fenn sold it.
    His life revolved around it.
    Relationships blossomed from it.

Could this be the word that is key?

As ....

Riches ...

The end ...

I spy a hidden arrowhead, the most important of all ...

ART.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Finster Sneakers.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	142736

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post
        Wow Eb! That's fascinating!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Wow Eb! That's fascinating!!!
          noooo kidding. imagine how many people probably walked right past this fellow and never thought twice.. his landlords probably never considered him as more than a mendicant. you just never know the depths which could be swirling inside a person.

Comment

the moon made me do it ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hairsuit bigfoot.jpg
Views:	845
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	142759

Comment

Wow, amazing. ART has always said things that could be said no other way. That first arrowhead always felt ubiquitous to me.

I have to believe that a great art dealer (that’s an understatement on both the X and Y axis) might know a little more than just profit margins and wining and dining.
              Last edited by JHSharp; 02-22-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                Wow, amazing. ART has always said things that could be said no other way. That first arrowhead always felt ubiquitous to me.

I have to believe that a great art dealer (that’s an understatement on both the X and Y axis) might know a little more than just profit margins and wining and dining.
                There's a reason certain great artists chose to align themselves with ff. I wasn't there, but if I were to guess, "kindredness" would be the word.
                People like to connect with others who they feel somehow "gets them" ... sensitivities, sensibilities. Fenn calls himself a business man, and a business man he is,
                but all those years lingering somewhere beneath it all, was the fellow who gave us the Chase. And that man, without a doubt, is an artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post
                  Wow what a great story with wonderful narration in that video from Sotheby's..... NOT!!! To me that was a snake oil salesman trying to sell something it's not. The problem is, somebody will believe the hype and pay. Now don't get me wrong here as I would pay to read the artist story Because I find that worthy and admirable. The painting are just not that good to me and a little creepy. Reminds me of ff buying the one with the dog that was shot because he was suckered into it and couldn't sell it. I would much rather pay for the Bigfoot picture than the hyped up creepy one. And don't get me started on Picasso either!!! LOL. To each his own I guess.
                  "IT'S NOT WHO YOU ARE, IT'S WHO THEY THINK YOU ARE". Does this not say it all.
                  Thank you PFUZZ, I enjoy your posts. I love the variations of them.

Comment

Art is nice. It competes for attention with many other things, like the utility of financial comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by chesttroll View Post

Wow what a great story with wonderful narration in that video from Sotheby's..... NOT!!! To me that was a snake oil salesman trying to sell something it's not. The problem is, somebody will believe the hype and pay. Now don't get me wrong here as I would pay to read the artist story Because I find that worthy and admirable. The painting are just not that good to me and a little creepy. Reminds me of ff buying the one with the dog that was shot because he was suckered into it and couldn't sell it. I would much rather pay for the Bigfoot picture than the hyped up creepy one. And don't get me started on Picasso either!!! LOL. To each his own I guess.
                      "IT'S NOT WHO YOU ARE, IT'S WHO THEY THINK YOU ARE". Does this not say it all.
                      Thank you PFUZZ, I enjoy your posts. I love the variations of them.
                      You don’t need to pay:
                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger

Not many people have the fortitude to write 15k page storylines illustrated by 30 foot long canvases over the course of 6 decades. He didn’t create an entire fantasy land for recognition- I think it just gave him pure joy.
                      #TheBestQuestIsAJoyfulOne

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

You don’t need to pay:

Not many people have the fortitude to write 15k page storylines illustrated by 30 foot long canvases over the course of 6 decades. He didn’t create an entire fantasy land for recognition- I think it just gave him pure joy.
                        I agree 100%, my issue is with the way they sell art. As I stated, Darger's story is admirable. Thank you for the link

Comment

You don’t need to pay:

Dargers childhood says it all. Imprisoned in an asylum wrongly. Obviously gave him the drive to illustrate how he understood the world to be. Societies do very much live as a fiction in comparison to how they behave as believers in fiction thru religions.

Comment

You don’t need to pay:

And he did so with a Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                              Art is nice. It competes for attention with many other things, like the utility of financial comfort.
                              When the decision time comes for letting the Art go, it is one of the most difficult decisions you will ever make.

Comment

Working...
                              X