Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clues - The Chase Survey #2

Hi Everyone,

I'm a day late on getting this out, wanted to get this out on Thursday. But here is the next survey that I am doing in a series of surveys for the Forrest Fenn treasure hunt.

This survey is about the clues.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZFZ9N6W

Please take a couple minutes to complete the survey. The first survey had a good response, over 150, I hope we can meet or exceed that for this one.

I will release the results of the survey next Wednesday.

Other than the first couple clues, what you can probably divine from your survey is that whatever the consensus opinion is, it's probably wrong. ;-)

Comment

I want to know if respondents are being kept purely anonymous or are you recording and tracking their information? Your first survey was innocuous but this one goes to the crux of our solves...
      Last edited by Coinaster; 02-15-2020, 01:16 AM.

Comment

You don’t give us the option of choosing more than 1 line of the poem for each clue, therefore I think the survey is flawed.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Is there more that 9 hints/clues in the poem?
          https://youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.png
          https://youtu.be/NvBHDRsFAmo

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
            You don’t give us the option of choosing more than 1 line of the poem for each clue, therefore I think the survey is flawed.
            You have an other option where you can copy and past up to 3 lines......

Begin it where warm waters halt. And take it in the canyon down, Not far but too far, but to walk is my first clue..... It can be done...
            Last edited by Coinaster; 02-15-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Will look forward to the summary next week.

Comment

I am looking forward, too, but I can‘t participate... I want to but I can‘t count beyond three!
                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                  I am looking forward, too, but I can‘t participate... I want to but I can‘t count beyond three!
                  I'm looking forward to results as well, but can't participate.... I want to, but I can't trust my anonymity!

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

I'm looking forward to results as well, but can't participate.... I want to, but I can't trust my anonymity!
                    TBH... I was hiding behind the cantcountmask... I can count to four that‘s for sure!
                    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

TBH... I was hiding behind the cantcountmask... I can count to four that‘s for sure!
                      Yea thanks,
                      I tell it like I see it.... Lack of response to my anonymous questions / accusation should be a WARNING sign to all legitimately in the race.... Some don't like it and object to my approach but they will get over it in the long run..... I see this as a scam.... I could be wrong so I apologize if I am.... Outcast.... provide evidence that you are not tracking our responses and personal info.... Evidence / disclosure? UNDERSTAND..... Do you take us for fools?

Lack of response and I enter common fictitious answers. Then it is you that gets scammed! The clock is ticking....
                      Last edited by Coinaster; 02-15-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute I think I may have been entering my answers wrong, is there a do-over

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                          Other than the first couple clues, what you can probably divine from your survey is that whatever the consensus opinion is, it's probably wrong. ;-)
                          I don't hope to gain any insight from these surveys. These are purely for entertainment and to share information with the community. Like I said, I am sharing all results with the community. The thing with Surveys is that you have no idea if anyone is telling the truth. I think for the most part, if there are enough participants, the true responses will filter out the noise.

Maybe someone will be able to use this data to find something about the solve, but that isn't my personal intention. Believe me, I hardly have the time to create the surveys and the results threads...no way I could do a deep analytical dive into the results to try to uncover any hidden data.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
                            I want to know if respondents are being kept purely anonymous or are you recording and tracking their information? Your first survey was innocuous but this one goes to the crux of our solves...
                            I am not tracking anything. I put the questions out there, watch as the results come in and then share the results.

I understand if people are hesitant to do the survey if they think it reveals to much of their own solve...there is no forced participation. Or you can do what I assume a subgroup of people are doing and that is purposely provide false results to the survey. I don't even mind that because the idea isn't to find out what is "correct"...just to see what the community is thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                              Yeah, maybe I should have done that. I wasn't sure how crazy that would make the results look. I did provide the "Other" option where you could type in your own answer.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm new to designing these surveys so always looking for improvements.

Comment

Working...
                              X