X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Mootmann
    replied
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    Andy Mootmann so, what are we waiting for, in your opinion?

Do you believe the Wyoming statement means the state of Wyoming? Or something else.

Do you believe one person was close to solving (not finding), or were there more, as in realistically close enough to have closed in on the infamed LS?

just curious is all. you have good insight IMO.
    Hi Sharp,
    I would like to thank you for the unearned compliments. My insights and/or opinions into the happenings of Forrest Fenn and his Chase are about the same as the next searcher. I can give you my confirmation bias (wishful thinking) opinions based on my small part in the overall Chase. In fact, there is more I don’t know about the Chase than I do know.

Question: what are we waiting for, in your opinion?
    Answer: Imo, we may be waiting for the legal stage to be set, and/or resolved, so that the players can act out their perspective roles at the appropriate time. Whatever decisions Forrest has made in the Chase, or is going to make, are the best ones he could/can make with the information that he had/has available at that time, and were most likely to the benefit of others as well as himself.

Question: Do you believe the Wyoming statement means the state of Wyoming?
    Answer: I would like to think Wyoming could mean mountains and valleys alternating, like the teeth of the Rocky Mountains, mainly because that would work best with my solve location.

Question: Do you believe one person was close to solving (not finding), or were there more, as in realistically close enough to have closed in on the infamed LS?
    Answer: We all probably realize that Forrest has a much better handle on who or how many searchers may have been close to solving his poem and/or the finding. I would like to believe that a person was very close to solving without finding, but it is also possible for others to close in on that person “in the lead”. For example, (Note: I not trying to indicate that I was in the lead, just an example) I left my area in December of 2019 without anyone else around, expecting no one else would enter that particular remote area until late spring after a good amount of snow had melted. Later that December of 2019, I had advanced my solution to a more precise location, but decided to wait until spring when it was safer. In the third week of March 2020, when I hiked in wearing snow shoes, I noticed one recent set of foot-boot tracks trudging up the mountain in the deep snow along with a single set of cross country snow skiing tracks coming down the same mountain, to my surprise. One never knows what else may be going on …except maybe Forrest. Possibly the infamed (or “inflamed”) LS had a somewhat similar scenario happen to him/her and got burned in early June 2020.

Note: These answers are my bias humble opinions at this time and are subject to change, like the Chase.

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Andy Mootmann so, what are we waiting for, in your opinion?

Do you believe the Wyoming statement means the state of Wyoming? Or something else.

Do you believe one person was close to solving (not finding), or were there more, as in realistically close enough to have closed in on the infamed LS?

just curious is all. you have good insight IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Mootmann
    replied
    Andy Mootmann Hmm. Interesting. Well, I have the treasure I “gathered.” It was not necessarily the treasure I sought (soggy bottom boys). I’ve found enough synchronicity along the way to make me feel pretty good. I don’t understand everything that’s going on, but I will continue to keep the faith. I just haven’t seen anything that I like as much as the treasure I found. I have no idea where things are going, and I assume the solver has no more work to do. So I’m content to hold my ticket and see what happens. It may be a ticket to a rained out game but I’ll keep it!
    Sharp,
    Well so many of us were so right about being soo wrong, had a great time, and would not trade the experiences. We were part of the Chase and noone can take that away now… we can tell our grandchildren about it someday. Yes, I think I will hold onto my ticket also, maybe pull it out on a rainy day, and think about my Chase wonderland where anything could have happened... Andy

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Andy Mootmann Hmm. Interesting. Well, I have the treasure I “gathered.” It was not necessarily the treasure I sought (soggy bottom boys). I’ve found enough synchronicity along the way to make me feel pretty good. I don’t understand everything that’s going on, but I will continue to keep the faith. I just haven’t seen anything that I like as much as the treasure I found. I have no idea where things are going, and I assume the solver has no more work to do. So I’m content to hold my ticket and see what happens. It may be a ticket to a rained out game but I’ll keep it!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Mootmann
    replied
    Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

I'm thinkin it happened about Mother's Day....
    WWW,
    Maybe soo.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Mootmann
    replied

hey Andy! I believe the solver had to have been very close, and could “virtually” smell the trail. Then, at some point, all the work paid off and they found the right line of thinking. This line was some kind of confirmation.

I‘m spitballing here, but I believe this breakthrough may have been a surprise to even FF. So much activity happened in a short period of time (Scrapbooks, film releases, etc.) that it seemed to suggest a bit of a surprise. Maybe not, but absent a strong finale, we are all reading tea leaves, and my read on that was that the solver cracked something in an unexpected manner.

Andy Mootmann What are your thoughts?
    Hi Sharp,
    I would think someone would first need to be in the correct area or they could just as well be on the moon having a great vacation. Myself, I had a lot of confident hiking “moon walking” vacations! Maybe a relatively new searcher thought it was near game over for them when they located what they thought was a blaze and began to look down and around. But when the person did not find what they were looking for near the suspected blaze, they searched around up and down and found something else they thought might be related to the chase and began to treat the quest as a scavenger hunt. (I know, Forrest never mentioned anything about a scavenger hunt.) They may have thought the clues needed to be found on the ground and not in the poem at that point in time. They found support for their ground searching idea in statements made inside an article by Margie Goldsmith that came out at about that same time. This searcher may have blown it by wasting time looking for clues on the ground as opposed to looking for clues in the poem that point the final location. To this person, it was virgin territory. There also may have been actual barriers to their area that slowed their progress somewhat. Eventually, they went back to the poem… but was it too late? Time ran out as action was taken by others. I am also spit balling for fun.
    09-07-2019 Margie Goldsmith Fenn Secret Treasure
    ...“The treasure is difficult to find, so no one will find it right away, but it’s easy enough so that it’s not impossible to find,” says Fenn.” “I want sweaty bodies out there looking for my treasure – they just have to find the clues.”...
    ...“You just have to find the clues,” he insists....
    Last edited by Andy Mootmann; Yesterday, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wwwamericana
    replied

hey Andy! I believe the solver had to have been very close, and could “virtually” smell the trail. Then, at some point, all the work paid off and they found the right line of thinking. This line was some kind of confirmation.

I‘m spitballing here, but I believe this breakthrough may have been a surprise to even FF. So much activity happened in a short period of time (Scrapbooks, film releases, etc.) that it seemed to suggest a bit of a surprise. Maybe not, but absent a strong finale, we are all reading tea leaves, and my read on that was that the solver cracked something in an unexpected manner.

I'm thinkin it happened about Mother's Day....

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Mootmann View Post

Hi Sharp,
    Could you maybe expound on the unexpected blow?

Leave a comment:

• Space Hopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Wade Van Ostrand View Post

I don't know if anyone is being a "bad boy/girl" and blackmailing him. I know I've been a "good boy," and haven't emailed him in a while.
    Why would someone have the treasure and then commit a federal crime? Insane accusation.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Mootmann
    replied

I don’t know anything about the 2013 story you cite. Perhaps you’ll expound?

I believe I understand you to be saying that the Chase has no single solution, so turns like an endless wheel of possibilities?

For my part, I believe the poem and riddle I took up has a solution, and I also believe it was effectively solved in 2019, with an unexpected blow. The claim was perfected on June 4, and announced on June 6.

Lots of things can look like the real thing, but that doesn’t imply there isn’t one original out there. I believe this is true for solves, and solvers. I think the solver found the real thing, and so did the Chase.
    Hi Sharp,
    Could you maybe expound on the unexpected blow?

Leave a comment:

• Wade Van Ostrand
    replied
    Originally posted by Josh Jordan View Post
    Space Hopper, less than a day. It was easy to backtrack from the source. It's a good poem and application, but not nearly as complex as it's been made out to be by the community. I'm sure Fenns a good guy too. Kendall and Amber are most likely blackmailing Fenn currently. Either that or Fenn's a participant.
    I don't know if anyone is being a "bad boy/girl" and blackmailing him. I know I've been a "good boy," and haven't emailed him in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Jordan
    replied
    Some of you have some major mental issues huh?

Leave a comment:

• Old blue
    replied
    You got the bull, know you need a cow

Leave a comment:

• HHHH
    replied

I hope that’s a good thing. It was a dark place of sorts. No man made light. Tears. Shadowed.

All those come before redemption. I think we follow the blaze to redemption.
    It's okay! if not for the dark, then what would be the point of light?

Leave a comment:

• HHHH
    replied
    Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

And the answer is.............(drum roll).........!!!

Hang on, I see something.........its buffalo terd falling from the corner of your mouth as you speak.
    LLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X