Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The solve is a geometric shape

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    A baseball diamond...batter up

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by HHHH View Post

      If your goal in this post was to take me to a dark place, good job.
      I hope that’s a good thing. It was a dark place of sorts. No man made light. Tears. Shadowed.

      All those come before redemption. I think we follow the blaze to redemption.

      Comment


      • #63
        Funny you should mention a diamond, Atticus.
        I was just thinkin about that.
        Does anyone recall if there were any diamonds in the TC?
        Lots of other jewels, I know.
        Would have thot that he would have included a few diamonds.
        Maybe he did and I am just mistaken.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
          Funny you should mention a diamond, Atticus.
          I was just thinkin about that.
          Does anyone recall if there were any diamonds in the TC?
          Lots of other jewels, I know.
          Would have thot that he would have included a few diamonds.
          Maybe he did and I am just mistaken.
          The chest was positioned as a diamond in pictures.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
            Funny you should mention a diamond, Atticus.
            I was just thinking about that.
            Does anyone recall if there were any diamonds in the TC?
            Lots of other jewels, I know.
            Would have thot that he would have included a few diamonds.
            Maybe he did and I am just mistaken.
            If I'm not mistaken I think he said that there were 110 small diamonds in the chest. Now that is interesting.....because most every time he gives us a precise number I believe it has some significance. Like 66,000, 2.0855, 110, 105, 36, 17, 99, 265, 42, 3/16, 10,200 etc.
            Open Google earth Pro -----start at Temple TX. Then draw a line precisely 110 degrees. Now extend that line in both directions.
            Does it take you anywhere interesting? Think it is a coincidence? Try it anywhere else you think might be special to the man.
            Class dismissed.
            1f

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

              If I'm not mistaken I think he said that there were 110 small diamonds in the chest. Now that is interesting.....because most every time he gives us a precise number I believe it has some significance. Like 66,000, 2.0855, 110, 105, 36, 17, 99, 265, 42, 3/16, 10,200 etc.
              Open Google earth Pro -----start at Temple TX. Then draw a line precisely 110 degrees. Now extend that line in both directions.
              Does it take you anywhere interesting? Think it is a coincidence? Try it anywhere else you think might be special to the man.
              Class dismissed.
              1f
              So do I get an "A," teach?

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

                So do I get an "A," teach?
                Turn in your work.......

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

                  Turn in your work.......
                  Dang dawg - et my hoemwork!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

                    Dang dawg - et my hoemwork!
                    1F fur yu

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post
                      A baseball diamond...batter up
                      Wrigley Field. Lushest fence line in the bigs. Great views.

                      or Busch Stadium. If you start at home plate and head for the mountains.

                      Pretend you’re Ryno or Banks or Grace or Dawson. Harry is making the call. You hit shot to dead center. It might be, it could be, it IS! Not far, but far enough to walk off. It just clears the ivy into the cage. As you round second you look up and see blue sky and marvel. A lucky youngster picks up the souvenir. The magic exchange has happened. The youngster will never forget that spot, in the cheap seats, when they met with something bigger than themselves.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I don't want to be taken the wrong way here and have nothing directly against Fenn, but it's baffling to hear folks talk about him as if he's some sort of genius. He told everyone directly he wasn't; therefore, there is nothing to be considered genius though any of his actions; therefore, to think the poem requires genius thought is ridiculous. Fenn says it takes him ten times longer to write a sentence than most people. This isn't because it's genius. It's because he struggles. He told everyone that.

                        He reminds me of a class clown still seeking attention, always trying to get people to laugh, etc. Everything is attention based. As a people, we tend to look in the direction we would want things to go, hence why so many have turned to saying he's brilliant - when in reality it's quite the opposite.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                          This thread started out as a yawn-a-thon, so I didn't read the whole thing.

                          Agreed. I had to rustle up some grub so I wouldn’t drift off as well.

                          Comment


                          • #73

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Josh Jordan View Post
                              I don't want to be taken the wrong way here and have nothing directly against Fenn, but it's baffling to hear folks talk about him as if he's some sort of genius. He told everyone directly he wasn't; therefore, there is nothing to be considered genius though any of his actions; therefore, to think the poem requires genius thought is ridiculous. Fenn says it takes him ten times longer to write a sentence than most people. This isn't because it's genius. It's because he struggles. He told everyone that.

                              He reminds me of a class clown still seeking attention, always trying to get people to laugh, etc. Everything is attention based. As a people, we tend to look in the direction we would want things to go, hence why so many have turned to saying he's brilliant - when in reality it's quite the opposite.
                              Nine or ten things come to mind here, but I’ll focus on just a few. First, FF certainly doesn’t need anyone to come to his defense. But, that doesn’t deter me from pointing out the reality herein. Second, the Chase is incredibly deep, devilishly complex, and intricately designed. Anyone who thinks it is simple, or that FF wasn’t extremely intelligent (genius is a loaded word, so I choose to avoid it when I can) has not progressed far enough to understand the riddle and the challenge it poses. It’s like saying “how hard is it to make art, you just throw some paint on something and it’s “abstract.” Or, “anyone can run that business, the staff do all the work.” No better example than a presidency, governorship, or leadership change of any kind. It looks easy until you see how thoroughly the next person can muck it up. Third, in my experience the most intelligent people are the last to tell you that they are. Humility, willingness to admit limitations or failures, or a bit of self-deprecation are not evidence of someone’s intelligence or lack thereof; it is evidence of wisdom and modesty.

                              For my part, I believe FF is deeply intelligent, across multiple “Gardner” measures and the Chase reflects that clearly. However, to really get that, I think one has to be able to see it. Perhaps one could call a complex mathematical proof, or even the Constitution, a bunch of doodles. But once one knows enough, the folly in that conclusion makes itself apparent.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                It appears to have become a complex derivative my friend, I do not disagree. I'm not saying Fenn hasn't matured his intellect over the last 70 years. It's easy to get caught up in something you believe in huh?

                                Here's the bottom line though- nothing can change the fact the chest was stumbled upon in 2013 by 3 non searchers who knew nothing about Fenn. So, the complex derivative that's become is based on no solution. Does that make sense?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X