Visualizing the Path to Fenn's Treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visualizing the Path to Fenn's Treasures

Fenn says a "deep thinking" searcher can find his treasure and that using LOGIC can get you there.

Given that:

1) A searcher needs to follow the clues in order
    2) The first clue has been emphasized over and over again
    3) There are no shortcuts
    4) The clues get easier as they go
    5) There is "no other way" so far as Fenn claims to know
    6) The little girl from India can't get farther than the first 2 clues
    7) You can't just drive down the street looking for the blaze
    8) "Put in" occurs early on in the poem
    -

What can we "deduce" about what the path to Fenn's treasure might look like?

A path where the FIRST CLUE is all important and you "put in" shortly thereafter
    and THEN the clues get easier and easier paints a picture in my mind of ...
    a maze, a labrynth, a tunnel system (caves are out), or a canyon with twists
    and turns.

It could also be a theoretical realm, where there is "necessity" in each step
    OR, at the location of each clue, there's some sort of on-site 'key' which grants
    a searcher passage to the next subsequent clue (daisy chain of necessity,
    with each subsequent step predicated on the preceding one)

Wouldn't it be cool if after all this time you finally FOUND that one hidden, secret portal
    (like a passageway behind a waterfall), and then from there, the rest was a breeze,
    and this secret knowledge remained yours and Fenn's for all of time?

Does it get any cooler than that?

Did Fenn say the little girl from India can't get "farther" or "further" than the first two clues?

*(Shoot, just looked it up. He said CLOSER. This wily fox finds a way to wiggle out of every corner.)

at least we know he said too "far" to walk and not too "fur" to walk, otherwise at this point I'd say we might be chasing hairy-fairies or who knows what other type mythical creatures ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	farther v further.PNG Views:	0 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	141070
    Last edited by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz; 02-13-2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

To “fur” to walk would fit right in in Appalachia! They would know that it means to go a “piece” up yonder or thataway.

As for the TC- that sweet bambino can only be found by a furry AND frosty fox right now. I don’t believe in unicorns, but of course I do believe in the TC and the chase. Faeries? I’m still on the fence on those, you must forgive me.
      Last edited by JHSharp; 02-13-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
        To “fur” to walk would fit right in in Appalachia! They would know that it means to go a “piece” up yonder or thataway.

As for the TC- that sweet bambino can only be found by a furry AND frosty fox right now. I don’t believe in unicorns, but of course I do believe in the TC and the chase. Faeries? I’m still on the fence on those, you must forgive me.
        OMG, why didn't I think of this sooner -- we know Fenn is a planner.
        Once the Rockies search is wrapped up, I bet he has the App Trail version red hot and ready to roll out.
        "To Fur to Meander" -- book 2 or 3?

On a more serious note, when would you imagine TC will become "feasible' for a bipedal critter to get at, were you to take a wild hare guess?

Wander dreckly down yander
        an sit fur a spell
        but dont spit bakkey no further
        than a wild Yankee can yell

when yer feelin all stove up
        pick up yer hat n hit the road
        stroll down in thuh holler
        pick some princess pink eyed purples
        an don't fur-get tuh kiss uh toad

put yer thankin cap awn
        cause it's time tuh wrap this riddle tight
        i aint really hid narry no treasure
        iz jus playin this hur fiddle right

it ain't not Stradder-veritus
        aint muh-hog-onme made
        but if ya can dig what i'm sayin
        yer fortune's just a wade a way

so hop in that thur crick
        and put yer waders on high
        cause affer ya fish out the fool's glitter
        we're gettin' rip-tored tuhnight!

(or something like that ...)
        Last edited by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz; 02-13-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post

OMG, why didn't I think of this sooner -- we know Fenn is a planner.
          Once the Rockies search is wrapped up, I bet he has the App Trail version red hot and ready to roll out.
          "To Fur to Meander" -- book 2 or 3?

On a more serious note, when would you imagine TC will become "feasible' for a bipedal critter to get at, were you to take a wild hare guess?

Wander dreckly down yander
          an sit fur a spell
          but dont spit bakkey no further
          than a wild Yankee can yell

when yer feelin all stove up
          pick up yer hat n hit the road
          stroll down in thuh holler
          pick some princess pink eyed purples
          an don't fur-get tuh kiss uh toad

put yer thankin cap awn
          cause it's time tuh wrap this riddle tight
          i aint really hid narry no treasure
          iz jus playin this hur fiddle right

(or something like that ...)
          Mid-summer, at the earliest (due to mud) is my guess. I dunno much about "wild hare" stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Mid-summer, at the earliest (due to mud) is my guess. I dunno much about "wild hare" stuff.
            good. i was pondering going and just basically sitting on top of the hoard from A1 through mid May,
            but that would require me to abandon life and work and subside on spam, pork and beans.
            it feels like a risk to me to "not be there," but the duties of my present life require my presence.
            you can imagine where i really wish to be.

Comment

I lost my last post, somehow. I’ll try again.

That’s “purty” good! You’re not from around THERE are ya?

Where I grew up there were plenty of whole families, including youngish kids, who picked “bakky.” Thats almost all gone now. I do love the Appalachian dialect because it is “mine.” But local dialect in general is like spoken art. My dad says things that my kids don’t understand like “knee deep” (Appalachian for a bullfrog- say it several times with about 2 seconds between each knee deep) and “sigoggled” (meaning messed up or off line) or “what’s in your poke? (Bag).”’

April 1 is probably a little soon, late May is conservative. I like early May to make the pilgrimage. what do you think, Pastor?
              Last edited by JHSharp; 02-13-2020, 07:50 PM. Reason: Autocorrected pater pastor

Comment

Working...
              X