Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHSharp
    replied
    When I thought about flowers, I smelled the sunshine, heard the pine, and wanted to be up and gone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zztW0wkGzd8

Leave a comment:

• lowkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post

Protective measures can/will be taken
    (and who is "Hey Zeus?")
    Pretty sure that's Sam L. in Die Hard 3.

Leave a comment:

• Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
    I hope dat after de TC is found, de searchers that didn't find it aren't too eager about de flowered hillside area nearby.
    Reminds me of de opening lyrics to "Mrs. Robinson". No, not "And . . .".
    Protective measures can/will be taken
    (and who is "Hey Zeus?")

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    I hope dat after de TC is found, de searchers that didn't find it aren't too eager about de flowered hillside area nearby.
    Reminds me of de opening lyrics to "Mrs. Robinson". No, not "And . . .".

Leave a comment:

• Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by khan
    I stopped here and was thinking rock star soup, but quickly went tangential, nice bow. https://images.app.goo.gl/pBLuLNmmt9oaNsHQA
    nice dig. isn't it funny how you don't really even see flowers until you start looking for them. then, they're everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by khan
    is it just sitting in the woods, no. Maybe I finish my solve and when i get there it's a really special, neat, place,...not. But then finder doesn't even question why there at the final resting place, they have other things on their mind. Other things as in what am I to do with this treasure, or other things as in tarry? Can this place be seen from a distance, from an overlook, but then what about the remains? Is the ending this amazing rainbow place, or just for f? It's a secret place, it's hidden, but why tarry?
    Preface: I always hate it when searchers make a claim that "they know" something.

This fact established, let me turn a page from Fenn's book and say something which I disagree with.

I KNOW the final place -- the final "clue / hint / visual queue"

Think about it -- what ALWAYS goes with a "final resting place?"

It's profoundly simple. And beautiful.

FLOWERS.

And what does Mr. Fenn say about flowers?

He fancies the yellow and purple ones.

So for the searcher who has studied the poem and devoted years of their life to The Chase,
    this individual will KNOW when they are close, and then they'll KNOW they're there when they see flowers.

Which flowers, you may ask?

My guess is a beautiful arrangement of Irises/Daiseyes

(which to no great surprise is called a SUNSHINE basket)

"I can smell the sunshine"

Can't you? Can't you just smell the sunshine?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sunshine Bouquet.PNG Views:	0 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	141060

Click image for larger version  Name:	purple and yellow flowers.jpg Views:	1 Size:	313.4 KB ID:	141061
    Last edited by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz; 02-13-2020, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    I couldn't agree more. It is our shared stories and experiences, whether we do it from near or far, that connect us and hold us together. It's like an old-fashioned Christmas Pageant or the big elementary school production. Everyone plays a part. Roscoe may forget his lines, Sally may argue with her sister on stage, and Joe may be tone-deaf, but there is no play I would rather see than the one that is our own, made of very best stuff we've got. And it is quite a pot we've got.

These kinds of hand-made, home-made gifts are always the best, because they are irreplaceable. We love them, not despite their rough edges, patched cracks, and amateur armatures, but because of them. And by doing so, maybe somewhere deep down, we also learn to love and accept ourselves a little more too.
    Last edited by JHSharp; 02-13-2020, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz
    started a topic Stone Soup

Stone Soup

There's an old story my grandma used to tell me about a shrewd traveler seeking respite from the cold and a warm bowl of soup.
    The crux of this story is, the way the traveler tells of a legendary recipe called "Stone Soup" entices everyone in the village to
    throw their own fresh ingredients into the pot, until eventually the most rich and delicious soup takes life.

One of the many brilliant facets of TTOTC is its ability to lure interesting individuals into the mix. I listen to the YouTube shows
    (sort of remind me of old a.m. radio shows) and I hear ALLLL the people calling in, curious, excited, stirred, ALIVE -- all contributing
    their ideas, their voice, their personality into the communal pot. Same goes for the Blogs.

Every now and then I tell some unknowing soul about this hidden treasure story, and I see their face light up --
    I've seen certain individuals go from a totally lethargic state to wide-popped eyes, elevated voice, and a look
    of excitement reminiscent of a kid on Christmas Morning under the tree.

This creation really is a gift to the community, and every person who joins in the fun makes it brighter by a magnitude
    of at least one.
    Last edited by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz; 02-13-2020, 11:07 AM.
Working...
X