An Angry Sky with an Angry Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
    Heavy loads are large boulders along the creek and water high is a waterfall, there is no subterfuge.
    If all you had to do was find a waterfall you could skip the whole damn poem and go to every last waterfall in the four states. There is no waterfall Anna. Not a natural one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!

Then why is the next sentence in past-tense form? If something is written in a past-tense form, it usually means the lines before have an answer to it.
      If you've been wise = past-tense. And found the blaze = past-tense........
      Verb tenses tell readers when events or actions occurred in time—in the past, present, or future. Your verb choices can also indicate aspect, which expresses the completeness or effects of an action.
      Are you kidding? You're dismissing my statement based on the tense of the following sentence? At the beginning of TTOTC, Forrest, says he makes up words. In scrapbook 73, Forrest makes the argument for ending a sentence with a preposition. Since when did Forrest, pay any attention to the rules of grammar? You of all people, (if you believe that the solution is an anagram), should know that Forrest was hamstrung by the words of the original poem.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post

If all you had to do was find a waterfall you could skip the whole damn poem and go to every last waterfall in the four states. There is no waterfall Anna. Not a natural one anyway.
        That's an idea, look for pictures of every waterfall in the four states. "There is no waterfall Anna. Not a natural one anyway." Never say never, are you sure you want to stand by that statement. What was it that Forrest said on August 9th, 2016 in surprise words at Mysterious Writings. "“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~Mark Twain
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

there was the. -why is everybody caught up on waterfalls. i took that as no waterfall. I don't remember what the Thunder-rose stuff was about. But i remember it caused a stir. And what is the thing Forrest did hundreds of times tired. But is know to weak to do? Pull out his own plane and fly it long distances. How does aviation angle mesh with the poem locations. I have no idea? When i asked where were the 2 spots Ff crash landed in the Rockies Complete Silence. ( suprising he's only metioned it once) What was one ff's favirite thkngs to do. Jump in his plane and go to small little towns. And what's to stop him from just throwing his bike into the high water Physics. He can't. That's the sarcasm of it. If it was going up a actual creek with boulders.. To Dangerous. As vast of streams, creeks ,& rivers. in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post
            RE: Why 'FOUND'

I agree that the sudden change in very tense seems to be an aberration (and thus potential cookie crumb)

Didn't Mr. Fenn own a FOUNDRY?

Isn't this a type of Blaze?

Something tells me we're getting hot ...

Click image for larger version Name:	Foundry.PNG Views:	0 Size:	291.3 KB ID:	141040
            Click image for larger version

Name:	foundry nm.PNG
Views:	250
Size:	906.7 KB
ID:	141043
            You're right about that! I think I might go cool off in the rain before I start to change colors.

Comment

Dismissing? I was merely asking a question. But since you've brought it up, the sentence is a double past tense sentence, so it was obviously created that way. Unless you think he ignored both of them, then I would dismiss your answer to my question. But it appears I will get an offensive answer no matter what?
              Sorry to come across as offensive. Like I said, he didn't pay attention to the rules of grammar. So while you would expect the answer to a sentence in past tense form to be found in the preceding lines, you wont find the answers beforehand.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Then why is the next sentence in past-tense form? If something is written in a past-tense form, it usually means the lines before have an answer to it.
                If you've been wise = past-tense. And found the blaze = past-tense........
                Verb tenses tell readers when events or actions occurred in time—in the past, present, or future. Your verb choices can also indicate aspect, which expresses the completeness or effects of an action.
                If you read through My War For Me you find several story lines that have been torn apart and then put back together in a haphazard style. I was trying to set down the story of the flight when he was shot down and found that he would bounce forward in time and back as well as bounce from one story theme to another. What I took from it was that the poem is not in order at all. What I hadn't thought about until just now is that maybe if we figure out the the exact order of each story in My War For Me and then apply the pattern to the poem maybe the re-organized sentences would describe the real path to the treasure. I think I'll check into it, and as an added thought, maybe there are 1 or more stories in the poem and this will organize them properly. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by khan
                  you've been wise and are at the end which draws nigh whilst metaphorically being brave and in the wood
                  Whilst Club

Comment

Heavy loads are large boulders along the creek and water high is a waterfall, there is no subterfuge.
                    Good luck with that, Anna. There is subterfuge. It was created/invented/developed decades ago. Geez.

Oh, I almost forgot to say "good luck" to y'all. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by larsonist View Post
                      Dear Father fuzz and pertinent wackos:
                      it's time for you to use those wings to fly far, far away to another land of delusion and fantasy. Start flapping fuzz people.
                      Good one (flapping fuzz).

Comment

That's an idea, look for pictures of every waterfall in the four states. "There is no waterfall Anna. Not a natural one anyway." Never say never, are you sure you want to stand by that statement. What was it that Forrest said on August 9th, 2016 in surprise words at Mysterious Writings. "“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~Mark Twain
                        I am positive I want to stand by that statement.

Comment

Sorry to come across as offensive. Like I said, he didn't pay attention to the rules of grammar. So while you would expect the answer to a sentence in past tense form to be found in the preceding lines, you wont find the answers beforehand.
                          In some regard the former could be the latter thing.
                          Last edited by Hillbealy; 02-13-2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbealy View Post

In some regards the former could be the latter thing.
                            How very "Anna" ...

Comment

"“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~Mark Twain
                              There's much wisdom in you, Anna.

We could all benefit from just sitting and staring at this statement for 3 days straight and thinking. (I love statements this is true of -- not a whole heap of them out there, but this is one. I know another about "Questions." Every time I peer into it, i see deeper ...)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Good luck with that, Anna. There is subterfuge. It was created/invented/developed decades ago. Geez.

Oh, I almost forgot to say "good luck" to y'all. Good luck.
                                I would say somtime around 1989 the development really came to light.

Comment

Working...
                                X