Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight

How much weight do you think you can carry? Factor in altitude and a likely uphill grade. Could be quite a task to carry 20+ pounds in a pack, and that's if you divide the load.
    Last week, while shopping at Sam's Club, I saw a 42 pound bucket of cat litter in the pet aisle. I thought, wow, that would be a good example of how heavy the chest is. Well, being an old man with a bad back, I could lift it but I bet I would have a lot of trouble carrying it for more than about 50 feet - on the level.
    But, I'd love a chance to find out.

A simple Deadlift okay... I‘d probably go for 250 lbs... but to carry 42 lbs? Well better have a good rucksack with you...
    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Just take it, and if it gets too heavy just toss some of it out in the huckleberry bushes. It would be funny if you dropped it in a raging river and it opened.

Comment

Ouch... I already lived through that scenario in several nightmares... get the chest and drop it into the canyon or loose it in the raging waters of a river... or hide it somewhere else to get it back a month later and it‘s gone... just ouch...
        „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
        G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
          Ouch... I already lived through that scenario in several nightmares... get the chest and drop it into the canyon or loose it in the raging waters of a river... or hide it somewhere else to get it back a month later and it‘s gone... just ouch...
          Please ouch -- we are responsible. Hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
            How much weight do you think you can carry?
            All of it

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post
              How much weight do you think you can carry? Factor in altitude and a likely uphill grade. Could be quite a task to carry 20+ pounds in a pack, and that's if you divide the load.
              Last week, while shopping at Sam's Club, I saw a 42 pound bucket of cat litter in the pet aisle. I thought, wow, that would be a good example of how heavy the chest is. Well, being an old man with a bad back, I could lift it but I bet I would have a lot of trouble carrying it for more than about 50 feet - on the level.
              But, I'd love a chance to find out.
              Well, buy the 42 pound bag of cat litter, throw it in a ruck and go for a walk!
              Last edited by Countryboy; 02-10-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

If you really want to know how it was to carry it, I will tell from my experience. When I first laid my eyes on it, I was full of adrenaline. I picked it up like it was nothing and ran so fast just in case someone was watching. I had no trouble jumping over the sage brushes in my way. When I came to the street I had to cross to get to my car, I was still pumped up and moving like lightning. There was a huge semi tractor barreling down the road so I just jumped over it. When I landed, it woke me up and my wife screamed, "what the Hell's wrong with you" and whacked me with her pillow. Worse dream ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chesttroll View Post
                  If you really want to know how it was to carry it, I will tell from my experience. When I first laid my eyes on it, I was full of adrenaline. I picked it up like it was nothing and ran so fast just in case someone was watching. I had no trouble jumping over the sage brushes in my way. When I came to the street I had to cross to get to my car, I was still pumped up and moving like lightning. There was a huge semi tractor barreling down the road so I just jumped over it. When I landed, it woke me up and my wife screamed, "what the Hell's wrong with you" and whacked me with her pillow. Worse dream ever.
                  It's important to share one's experience(s) with others. I've been learning this quite well in the last few years, with FF as my role model. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X