What in the blazes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
    I wonder if knowing what the Blaze is and not being able to talk about it is like Fight Club or more like an illuminati - secret knowlege, etc. A club that only Fenn and up to one other person are in.
    I think that there are way more than one who know where the blaze is and they know that they cannot tell their secret... a few clues beyond their blaze is a fortune.... My blaze is an awesome one of a kind thing and I hope to solve the location of the treasure soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You seem to be over-simplifying. Finding the blaze is a big step, but it may still take a few guesses after that to find the treasure. FF has pretty much expressed this idea.
      Regarding the blaze, I believe it can be seen using GE, and possibly (since the telescope was invented) from miles away. On a proper search trip in the right area, one would not be
      miles away from the blaze when it is seen. I believe it's not a man-made object. But its role as "the blaze" is. of course, a man-made role. This is all part of my opinion.
      I would have to agree with this statement Old Pilot; your father must have been a wise man. I can only hope he is still around, so you may see the expression on his face, when you come back with the treasure chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

I think that there are way more than one who know where the blaze is and they know that they cannot tell their secret... a few clues beyond their blaze is a fortune.... My blaze is an awesome one of a kind thing and I hope to solve the location of the treasure soon!
        I've thought that quite a few people have gotten 2-4 clues in... perhaps dozens of people had the prescience to go, and be within hundreds of feet... but if they didn't have the Blaze, they went in blind, and left the area because their Blaze wasn't convincing enough. Maybe they roam all the WWWH areas now. This is much about odds, numbers of people looking, and eventually someone using the correct path of a solve, even if accidentally beginning the correct way. The solve is going to look cut, dry and plausible when one emerges victorious. The Blaze itself may be very strange and rather blinding, exciting or at least provable.

Comment

I wonder if knowing what the Blaze is and not being able to talk about it is like Fight Club or more like an illuminati - secret knowlege, etc. A club that only Fenn and up to one other person are in.
          The other cannot even tell Forrest the correct blaze. Forrest has had people help him with his email so if you message him you better know his hinting style.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

The other cannot even tell Forrest the correct blaze. Forrest has had people help him with his email so if you message him you better know his hinting style.
            I did this once. His response was simple.. "Keep your secrets sir. -F "

Comment

I like Forrest's hinting style. Lots of 5's and some leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

Berry interesting Quest.
                I doubt there is only one other though. I do believe only the Blaze is missing at this point.
                Maybe some scallywag will stumble upon it after all...
                or a scully-but

Comment

What good does it do to know Forrest's hinting style if neither he nor anyone else ever responds to your emails?

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
                    Or a cool cat, or an underdog, or a dark horse

I love this lets keep it going ...
                    perfect symmetry

Comment

What did f say.. something about there are a billion blazes (even though only one can right) but why look for a blaze when you can't even find where warm waters halt. Something like that..
                      poor ol' f, it's getting harder for him to keep a secret from the latest vid shown on Cow/kpro vlog

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cat View Post

What good does it do to know Forrest's hinting style if neither he nor anyone else ever responds to your emails?
                        Did I ever tell you that forrest never responds to my emails ? Many people have stated that forrest has used scrapbooks to hint at their emails. Forrest has both answered some emails of mine and used scrapbooks for indirect hinting. He would never help any one person get closer. But he seems to hint at that he understands hint when he is given them via email and responds with scrapbooks or other public forms. My favorite was the gut feeling over nothing. The nothing was a hint using general location with incorrect specific location ,but correct type of specific location. He is getting anxious for this to be over.

Comment

Did I ever tell you that forrest never responds to my emails ? Many people have stated that forrest has used scrapbooks to hint at their emails. Forrest has both answered some emails of mine and used scrapbooks for indirect hinting. He would never help any one person get closer. But he seems to hint at that he understands hint when he is given them via email and responds with scrapbooks or other public forms. My favorite was the gut feeling over nothing. The nothing was a hint using general location with incorrect specific location ,but correct type of specific location. He is getting anxious for this to be over.
                          I should have said Forrest never responds to my emails. I have seen what I'd consider to be general hints in the SBs but when I find something that I think is a specific hint I have trouble getting it to fit with the poem. The gut feeling over nothing was interesting.

I'm getting cabin fever. I'm anxious to do another BOTG but that could be awhile. Right now I'm snowed in and can't even get out the front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cat View Post

I should have said Forrest never responds to my emails. I have seen what I'd consider to be general hints in the SBs but when I find something that I think is a specific hint I have trouble getting it to fit with the poem. The gut feeling over nothing was interesting.

I'm getting cabin fever. I'm anxious to do another BOTG but that could be awhile. Right now I'm snowed in and can't even get out the front door.
                            Summertime is search time according to Forrest.
                            Dig your claws in and hang tight kitty.

Comment

I would like Mr. Forrest to read this. He would understand me.
                              As for the blaze, in the way I found it at END, right at the beginning of the river, I can say that, to reach the treasure, you must walk "on" the blaze - over it. A smile, a rainbow, a learning curve, which takes the courage of Americans, who do not want to break the laws of the state to pass between the 66 pilasters of the wall of the church of the world, towards the wood.

There is the chest.

Comment

Anyone knowing what the Blaze is . . . IS able to talk about it. But may CHOOSE not to. I wish folks wouldn't fib so much. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this to become a reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X