Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Forrest imply that Jemez Mtns weren't in the Rockies in a recent kpro video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Forrest imply that Jemez Mtns weren't in the Rockies in a recent kpro video?

I thought I heard that someone said that Forrest didn't consider the Jemez Mtns as part of the the Rockies in a recent kpro hint of riches video this month. Now i lost track of it. Can anybody confirm that? Eliminates an area for sure.

My memory is terrible. But wasn't there a comment made to ff that a erea wasn't technically considered part of the rockies. And ff replied something like - but it's on the map. and the treasure is on the map. ?

Comment

I know he made this comment about Bandolier. If it’s on the map it has to be considered.

Comment

Not every place on the map should be considered a potential treasure site, right?. He even ruled out the Rio Grande in NM after the map was out.

Comment

Jemez is in the rockies, prob is a good chunk of it is below the 8.25 mark, like battleship rock, my first solve. I read cynthias solve there and said oh she screwed this up so bad im gonna go find it. NOT!

Comment

He reiterated his treasure wasn't associated with any structure in a SB a few months back. I guarantee you he did this because more idiots were messing with STRUCTURES.
            The real question is -- do you think his SB stopped them? I bet it didn't. I imagine half the time Mr. Fenn is sitting there just shaking his head; the other half he's probably
            beating it against that pretty kitchen table of his, which is why it has such character.

Comment

Originally posted by littlegirlfromindia View Post
              I thought I heard that someone said that Forrest didn't consider the Jemez Mtns as part of the the Rockies in a recent kpro hint of riches video this month. Now i lost track of it. Can anybody confirm that? Eliminates an area for sure.
              The comment was made on THOR's show Monday Jan 20th by Tommy Maldonado. He wrote in the chat "Ran into Fenn at the CVS store in Santa Fe and had a quick conversation about hunting for the treasure. I told him I was searching in the Jemez area and he said the Jemez is not part of the Rockies".

Comment

Originally posted by Bill F. View Post
                He reiterated his treasure wasn't associated with any structure in a SB a few months back. I guarantee you he did this because more idiots were messing with STRUCTURES.
                The real question is -- do you think his SB stopped them? I bet it didn't. I imagine half the time Mr. Fenn is sitting there just shaking his head; the other half he's probably
                beating it against that pretty kitchen table of his, which is why it has such character.
                The problem with this is that no one can tell you what he meant by structure... He has clarified associated to mean in or about.... everything has structure to it. An atom has structure.... some claim man made structure but is a wooden fence a structure? His poem has a structure.... so how do you draw that line? This is but that isn’t! Idk. So while you and I might interpret one way, others may see it differently.
                Last edited by Coinaster; 01-31-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

The problem with this is that no one can tell you what he meant by structure... He has clarified associated to mean in or about.... everything has structure to it. An atom has structure.... some claim man made structure but is a wooden fence a structure? His poem has a structure.... so how do you draw that line? This is but that isn’t! Idk. So while you and I might interpret one way, others may see it differently.
                  "Reductio Ad Absurdum" and "Beg the question," two phrases I've heard slung about in common talk so many times, I'm no longer sure what they mean (even when I look it up), not unlike "literally," which I'm pretty sure has come to mean "figuratively" in modern parlance, if anything at all. That said, when we keep peeling back the onion in search of first causes, eventually we end up in a complete stupor, left with an utterly incomprehensible mystery of how/why anything comes into being, or what's going on behind the scenes -- I can't recall particulars, but "The Genesis Principle" has a passage that deals with the mystery of 'how' we even move our hand to write a series of words, and all that is entailed in that regressive causal chain. I'm afraid I'm not making much sense here, which is sort of the point ...

Comment

Originally posted by cynthia View Post

The comment was made on THOR's show Monday Jan 20th by Tommy Maldonado. He wrote in the chat "Ran into Fenn at the CVS store in Santa Fe and had a quick conversation about hunting for the treasure. I told him I was searching in the Jemez area and he said the Jemez is not part of the Rockies".
                    Thanks. So its like third hand information. Oh well, who knows what to think.
                    Last edited by littlegirlfromindia; 01-31-2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Jemez? Snore. Rio Grande? Double snore. NM searchers are running out of good places to search (and places that Cynthia hasn't already beat them to by 5 years).

Comment

Mountains are classified by age and origin. The Jemez formation is not part of the Rocky Mountains.

The Rockies are I billion years old, formed by collisions of tectonic plates.

The Jemez formation is 2 million years old, formed by volcanic activity. Its biggest explosion is said to have drifted as far as Kansas and suffocated prehistoric rhinos.

You can smell sulfur as you drive up the highway toward the caldera. You can dabble your toes in hot water that bubbles up near the highway shoulder.
                        Don't rely on casual comments by would-be experts because they would be wrong most of the time. -- long-time NM resident

Comment

Ya whatevs...eat ur oatmeal

The southern end of the Rocky Mountains are considered to be the Jemez Mountains and the Southern Sangre De Cristo mountains of New Mexico. Mountains south of here in N.M. are classified as the Arizona/New Mexico Mountains using the EPA Level III Ecoregions System.
                          Last edited by Mr hand; 02-01-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecoregion

Ecoregions address populations of plants and animals and in no way discuss or describe the history of mountain formation.
                            When you're wrong, you're wrong mr hand. High five!

Comment

Originally posted by larsonist View Post
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecoregion

Ecoregions address populations of plants and animals and in no way discuss or describe the history of mountain formation.
                              When you're wrong, you're wrong mr hand. High five!
                              ikr, i suck at posting, better? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Rocky_Mountains). As far as I can tell, you're the only would-be round here...would be wrong...how's that oatmeal?

Comment

Working...
                              X