Forrest Fenn’s thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest Fenn’s thinking

I often wonder about a couple of things. Obviously FF’s life is quite different than most of ours.

but, do you think he wonders about the finder, and who they might be? Whether they are like him? Or as he expects? Or not as he expects?

Do you think he is genuinely interested in folks who might be close and whether their next trip is successful, or makes progress? Or do you think he is agnostic toward it and just waits patiently for notification?

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    I often wonder about a couple of things. Obviously FF’s life is quite different than most of ours.

but, do you think he wonders about the finder, and who they might be? Whether they are like him? Or as he expects? Or not as he expects?

Do you think he is genuinely interested in folks who might be close and whether their next trip is successful, or makes progress? Or do you think he is agnostic toward it and just waits patiently for notification?
    Of course he is interested but only in a voyeuristic sense. The finder must earn it.

Comment

Forrest Fenn puts his pants on just like the rest of us, one leg at a time ...

https://youtu.be/cVsQLlk-T0s?t=40

Comment

I wonder if he wonders - how could he not?

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
          I wonder if he wonders - how could he not?
          Right? Someone is bound to have an airtight solve by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

Of course he is interested but only in a voyeuristic sense. The finder must earn it.
            urn it?

Comment

I have this feeling he doesn't really care what type of person finds the chest, but hopes it will be someone with a good heart. I bet at one point he enjoyed hearing searcher stories in general, regardless if they were close, but considering all the rigid characters in the chase today, opening up gmail probably isn't much fun anymore.

Comment

If he didn’t care, why would he read the emails?
                I believe the Chase has helped him stay mentally fit and entertained and he was so smart to do this in his 80’s. But as time chips away, I think he is worried about his extended family inheriting the “crazies”

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

I think he likes waffles.

Comment

I can't see how someone would put this much time and effort into something then not be concerned with the outcome. He's probably just as interested in the finder as the finder is/will be interested in Forrest, maybe even more so. I'm sure if Forrest gets a finder in his lifetime he would: firstly know about the finder's existence, and secondly do his homework on that individual. Ultimately, he still controls the game and the outcome.
                    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

I think he likes waffles.
                      Blueberry?

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

Blueberry?
                        no......probably strawberry.

Comment

Sometimes I think he'll be a little disappointed because it's unlikely the finder will have anywhere near the wealth of experiences he has had. But then I remember they'll have done something nobody else has ever done: solved the poem and found his treasure. I think most people would be interested in meeting such a person.
                          "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
                            Forrest will know if a person is on the right tract because they will prattle like a child when they shouldn't. I think he knows exactly who this person(s) is and he might even know their ancestors. If it were me that hid the treasure, I would want to know more about them and what they are about.
                            How does someone prattle like a child when they shouldn’t if they don’t know they are on the right track?

how does this determine someone is on the right track?
                            Are you thinking...they feel confident, so they tell their solve to Forrest, when they shouldn’t?

imo, this goes exactly opposite of what Forrest just stated!
                            He says, how can someone know they have solved it, don’t you think they would go right to it?

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!

When Forrest stated that the solver will move with confidence, to me this means that the poem has confirmation and you'll know your on the right track. Forrest also stated that the solver will not be able to keep his mouth shut and this is why he'll know. I think that each BOTG gives revelation by process of elimination.
                              cause there's a map hidden in the poem that fits a location... work's centered or justified left.. (best is the later) both lead you to the same destination in the last stanza. and it's a hike impossible for an 80 yr old man if you take it head on but easy (er) if you follow the path laid out because it follows an old trail (a branch off of the old bannock Indian trail). about a mile up and back so two miles total (a little less)

Comment

Working...
                              X