Forrest talks about renting a cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest talks about renting a cabin

As I'm sure a lot of you have heard in the latest Nov. 4th questions/interview with Cynthia, Kpro, and Cowlazars, Forrest mentions the analogy about what an individual is technically "renting" when they reserve a cabin. I've been looking through interviews trying to find this all morning and I can't yet- but I'm almost 100% sure he gave this exact statement in another interview from within the past 2 years describing precisely what he just said again here in this latest video we have. Does anyone else recall this? Not seeing much discussion on it, he's obviously pointing at some loophole he found during his discovery with the attorneys he paid for to help figure out the rules on each type of land imo..

Btw huge props to Kpro for some of those questions she asked, I especially loved how he dodged the "do you start the chase from your driveway?" question lol! It was also awesome to hear Cowlazars get a definitive answer on the "keyword" which we now know IS in the poem. Great job guys!

Your memory is not faulty: he did bring up the cabin rental story before. I'll see if I have the link in my notes...

Comment

It's in the German Playboy audio interview at Forrest's house in September 2018. Here's my transcript of the relevant portion:

"And … if you rent a cabin, uh, in West Yellowstone, out there by itself, for a week, what are you renting? You rent the bed, you rent the kitchen, you rent the cabin and the roof, you rent the front yard? So if I buried the treasure in the front yard of the cabin that I rented, it’s on my property, right? Where am I wrong? I mean, there … if the government has an easement into your land, right? Utility people, the telephone people have a legal easement to come on your property to work on your telephone outside on the telephone pole. If I buried it on that easement, what does the law say about that? And what does the word buried mean? What does the word sepulchered mean? What does the word entombment mean? And what’s the relation between what’s a trove … what does abandoned mean, what does stored … What’s the difference between abandoning something and storing it? You see how muddy the water can get? The lawyers can’t figure that out.”

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
        It's in the German Playboy audio interview at Forrest's house in September 2018. Here's my transcript of the relevant portion:

"And … if you rent a cabin, uh, in West Yellowstone, out there by itself, for a week, what are you renting? You rent the bed, you rent the kitchen, you rent the cabin and the roof, you rent the front yard? So if I buried the treasure in the front yard of the cabin that I rented, it’s on my property, right? Where am I wrong? I mean, there … if the government has an easement into your land, right? Utility people, the telephone people have a legal easement to come on your property to work on your telephone outside on the telephone pole. If I buried it on that easement, what does the law say about that? And what does the word buried mean? What does the word sepulchered mean? What does the word entombment mean? And what’s the relation between what’s a trove … what does abandoned mean, what does stored … What’s the difference between abandoning something and storing it? You see how muddy the water can get? The lawyers can’t figure that out.”
        You're the best! Oddly enough I skimmed through this interview within the first few that I checked and completely missed it! Thank you!

Comment

The little mistake in your OP: he did not say that the key word is in the poem! He more or less dodged as well and said (paraphrasing), that there is a word that helps you more than the others, but you‘ll have to find out about all of them to figure it out!
          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
            The little mistake in your OP: he did not say that the key word is in the poem! He more or less dodged as well and said (paraphrasing), that there is a word that helps you more than the others, but you‘ll have to find out about all of them to figure it out!
            He is a magician at redirecting a question without answering similar to this. In this thread people are trying to figure out ff meaning of renting a cabin like he gave a clue.... He gave us nothing! He turned it around on us and started asking questions... There are no answers from ff

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
              He is a magician at redirecting a question without answering similar to this. In this thread people are trying to figure out ff meaning of renting a cabin like he gave a clue.... He gave us nothing! He turned it around on us and started asking questions... There are no answers from ff
              Renting a Cabin
              Renting a CAB in ... (Denver?)
              then having it drop him various places
              till he is sure no one is on his tail,
              and THEN hopping in his private plane
              so he can TAXI to within a few miles
              of his hiding spot, and walking the rest
              of the distance.

I'd hate to face this man in checkers.

Very COLORFUL way of doing things,
              as one might expect from an art broker ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Taxi Cab.PNG
Views:	850
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	138217

Comment

It looks like there's no useful new information here for solving the poem. There are so many videos now online, I don't feel like taking the time to watch them. But I am encouraged to remember that if I find the trove, it's "finders keepers". I might weep with joy. It's an old habit of mine, crying a bit while on my search hikes, always in the same small neck of the woods, surrounded by beautiful things.

This may sound like I've gone crackers, but here goes anyway. If I cry while raking at the hidey space, I might salt tines. Okay, not ready for prime time. But time is over-rated anyway, in any "special" reference to solving the poem, while trying to (shall we say) "bring home the bacon". All my opinion. Good luck to all searchers. Please remember that every living person on earth searches.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                  It looks like there's no useful new information here for solving the poem. There are so many videos now online, I don't feel like taking the time to watch them. But I am encouraged to remember that if I find the trove, it's "finders keepers". I might weep with joy. It's an old habit of mine, crying a bit while on my search hikes, always in the same small neck of the woods, surrounded by beautiful things.

This may sound like I've gone crackers, but here goes anyway. If I cry while raking at the hidey space, I might salt tines. Okay, not ready for prime time. But time is over-rated anyway, in any "special" reference to solving the poem, while trying to (shall we say) "bring home the bacon". All my opinion. Good luck to all searchers. Please remember that every living person on earth searches.
                  Whoever this 'Joy' is, just please make sure you can trust her.

Comment

Would love to visit your old stomping grounds sometime - I will bring the Kleenex.

Comment

I might weep with joy. It's an old habit of mine, crying a bit while on my search hikes, always in the same small neck of the woods, surrounded by beautiful things.
                      Interesting.

With the birds I'll share this lonely viewin"

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Interesting.
                        To say the least. How'd you come across this gem RT?
                        Last edited by lowkey; 11-19-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

To say the least. How'd you come across this gem RT?
                          Lookin' for a ruby in a mountain of rocks . . .
                          With the birds I'll share this lonely viewin"

Comment

Originally posted by Octopus Dicks View Post
                            As I'm sure a lot of you have heard in the latest Nov. 4th questions/interview with Cynthia, Kpro, and Cowlazars, Forrest mentions the analogy about what an individual is technically "renting" when they reserve a cabin. I've been looking through interviews trying to find this all morning and I can't yet- but I'm almost 100% sure he gave this exact statement in another interview from within the past 2 years describing precisely what he just said again here in this latest video we have. Does anyone else recall this? Not seeing much discussion on it, he's obviously pointing at some loophole he found during his discovery with the attorneys he paid for to help figure out the rules on each type of land imo..

Btw huge props to Kpro for some of those questions she asked, I especially loved how he dodged the "do you start the chase from your driveway?" question lol! It was also awesome to hear Cowlazars get a definitive answer on the "keyword" which we now know IS in the poem. Great job guys!
                            Octopus Dicks It seems cut and dried to me that he is hinting at the fact he purchased the land the puzzle leads you to, so no problem at all. Remember he said "I was going to make it work"
                            That would be the only sure way to remove any liability IMO.

Comment

There was also this:

https://dalneitzel.com/2013/04/05/fo...treasure-hunt/

Comment

Working...
                              X