Reconciling the "Lines Cross" quote from Forrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconciling the "Lines Cross" quote from Forrest

In an article published by Business Insider on February 2, 2017 (https://www.businessinsider.com/forr...untains-2017-2) Forrest is quoted as saying:

"Read the clues in my poem over and over and study maps of the Rocky Mountains," Fenn said via email. "Try to marry the two. The treasure is out there waiting for the person who can make all the lines cross in the right spot." f
    This is one of the statements from Forrest that I personally have trouble reconciling in my mind. Is this meant to be taken literally or is it intended to be metaphorical? He has used "lines crossed" two other times that I am aware of while not directly referring to the chase and he uses this statement metaphorically both of these other times... Once in Feb 2013 on MW in 6 question (http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-qu...-of-the-chase/) where he specifically states this is a metaphorical reference. The other time is in the third interview with Lorene Mills (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTd...1504s&index=29) he also uses the "lines crossed" in a metaphorical way talking about when he got cancer and started contemplating the treasure chest and the chase.

So is he being literal in his interview in 2017 when talk about making "all the lines cross" and if he is does he mean you should make the lines cross on a map?
    “My Shadow Ain’t Cast by No Fool.” F

Originally posted by OH!!
    Where do the lines cross?
    {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":138054}
    I'm familiar but again I don't see anything on this map that is from the back cover of Forrest second memoir TFTW. Other than the inclusion of the declination lines, noting jumps out at me as significant. And even though the declination lines seems to be added for some unknown reason I'm not coming up with what their significance is. Id love to hear others theories on Forrest intent of placing the declination lines and on any theories of what Forrest meant when he said:

"Try to marry the two. The treasure is out there waiting for the person who can make all the lines cross in the right spot." f

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKaster View Post
      In an article published by Business Insider on February 2, 2017 (https://www.businessinsider.com/forr...untains-2017-2) Forrest is quoted as saying:

This is one of the statements from Forrest that I personally have trouble reconciling in my mind. Is this meant to be taken literally or is it intended to be metaphorical? He has used "lines crossed" two other times that I am aware of while not directly referring to the chase and he uses this statement metaphorically both of these other times... Once in Feb 2013 on MW in 6 question (http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-qu...-of-the-chase/) where he specifically states this is a metaphorical reference. The other time is in the third interview with Lorene Mills (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTd...1504s&index=29) he also uses the "lines crossed" in a metaphorical way talking about when he got cancer and started contemplating the treasure chest and the chase.

So is he being literal in his interview in 2017 when talk about making "all the lines cross" and if he is does he mean you should make the lines cross on a map?
      I used to think the this was exactly a lines crossing solution that would culminate in one spot.... I laboriously found that type at Ojo Caliente,NM.... I have posted "Coinasters Most Perfect Solve" here on THOR.... A lines crossing solution would bring you to an exact spot.... Mine did.... but it was on an Indian protected ruin lands.... So I felt this was so magical that there must be an additional extra step.... I found it at 8 of the 15 times I went BOTG.... I failed every single time with a good solve IMO..... Then I realized....That ff is talking about the 9 clues or lines in his poem and I realized...... Boy he traps us with his spoken words..... 15 years to write a poem and you then realize.... If he has not stated it in the poem,,,, It does not exist! SO Tie everything back to the poem,,,, or you are wrong!
      Last edited by Coinaster; 01-26-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

Then I realized....That ff is talking about the 9 clues or lines in his poem
        I like this! This is a literal interpretation that I had not considered.

Comment

I have trouble even crossing the street....
          Last edited by Sherif Billy; 01-27-2020, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Where do the lines cross?
            {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":138054}
            Declination line 12 looks suspect because it's pointing at our (semi)colon. Which is in the middle of the 3rd stanza and end of the 10th line of the poem. But before it reaches our colon it passes the beginning of meek. Follow it up the page and it just happens to cross the boarder of Montana and Wyoming right at the north entrance to Yellowstone. Goes on up through an A then to a T in the title. Reading it back down... believe the message is "Tame? See my colon (kiss my butt)" so maybe the message is.. the West has not been tamed ​​​​
            So i had to look it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-005735_Google.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	138105

But don't tell Fenn..
            that might cross a line-

Been a long day. Hope y'all have a good week.
            Peace to #24.
            t
            Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
            Righty-O!

Comment

FF said "all the lines". Not just two of them. It's a rabbit hole, in my opinion, so don't spend too much time thinking about this. I didn't/don't/won't. For finding the TC, the poem is more useful than continuing teasing/hints.

Comment

Didn’t the phrase originate with telephone lines “crossing” (physically touching?) creating static or mixed conversations and confusion? Maybe the spot where All lines cross is the most stacticy, chaotic, hard to understand spot in the whole world.
                So, all we need to do is figure out where they’re hiding the Cerebro machine since that’s the most logical answer; maybe we just have to listen Harder for the static apex.
                To the chaos mobile!

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post

Declination line 12 looks suspect because it's pointing at our (semi)colon. Which is in the middle of the 3rd stanza and end of the 10th line of the poem. But before it reaches our colon it passes the beginning of meek. Follow it up the page and it just happens to cross the boarder of Montana and Wyoming right at the north entrance to Yellowstone. Goes on up through an A then to a T in the title. Reading it back down... believe the message is "Tame? See my colon (kiss my butt)" so maybe the message is.. the West has not been tamed ​​​​
                  So i had to look it up.

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-005735_Google.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	138105

But don't tell Fenn..
                  that might cross a line-

Been a long day. Hope y'all have a good week.
                  Peace to #24.
                  t
                  Since the declination is constantly changing (f.e. West Yellowstone 2010: appr. 12.5°; today: 11.58°), this might be a hint that we are not looking at a „good map“....
                  „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                  G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Go ahead. Make the lines cross in the right spot. I dare ya ...

Name:	lines cross.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	138219Click image for larger version

Name:	chaotic lines.PNG
Views:	361
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	138220

Comment

I would say it is the line all the way to the right that crosses the other lines to be the right spot. The precise spot would be the line that crosses closest to the right, which is encircled.
                      {"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":138224}
                      You just made me say your name.

Comment

Just one more thing.
                        I was staring at the sun the other day (when I could see well)
                        Noticed before it burned.. all the beams seem to point the center of the light. So that got me to thinking of what was almost a bright idear.. Ya see there once was a gnome~

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200127-202935_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	611.2 KB ID:	138232
                        He was sledding.

Reminded me of a place i went snowshoeing one time.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200127-203541_Maps.jpg Views:	0 Size:	875.8 KB ID:	138233
                        So the gnome sledding and snowshoeing reminded me of a chart i saw one time..

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200127-203454_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.4 KB ID:	138231
                        Which in turn zigzagged into a bright idea ~

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200127-203712_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	138230
                        To not stare at the sun again for there's too much of a good thing at times. And light can possibly connect many a path.

Last edited by Castellaw1685; 01-27-2020, 09:13 PM.
                        Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                        Righty-O!

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                          Just one more thing.
                          I was staring at the sun the other day (when I could see well)
                          Noticed before it burned.. all the beams seem to point the center of the light. So that got me to thinking of what was almost a bright idear.. Ya see there once was a gnome~

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200127-202935_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	611.2 KB ID:	138232
                          He was sledding.

Reminded me of a place i went snowshoeing one time.
                          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200127-203541_Maps.jpg Views:	0 Size:	875.8 KB ID:	138233
                          So the gnome sledding and snowshoeing reminded me of a chart i saw one time..

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200127-203454_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.4 KB ID:	138231
                          Which in turn zigzagged into a bright idea ~

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200127-203712_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	138230
                          To not stare at the sun again for there's too much of a good thing at times. And light can possibly connect many a path.
                          Yep and it brings good things to light.....
                          Where have I heard that before.
                          Perhaps I will google it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKaster View Post

I'm familiar but again I don't see anything on this map that is from the back cover of Forrest second memoir TFTW. Other than the inclusion of the declination lines, noting jumps out at me as significant. And even though the declination lines seems to be added for some unknown reason I'm not coming up with what their significance is. Id love to hear others theories on Forrest intent of placing the declination lines and on any theories of what Forrest meant when he said:
                            Don't the declination lines all [go through] / [cross at] a north pole of one kind or another (i.e., the magnetic north pole)? If so, this fact may serve as a small hint,
                            in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Don't the declination lines all [go through] / [cross at] a north pole of one kind or another (i.e., the magnetic north pole)? If so, this fact may serve as a small hint,
                              in my opinion.
                              I don't know if this is relevant:
                              The magnetic pole near the earth's geographic north pole is actually the south magnetic pole. That's why the north pole of a compass needle points in that direction.
                              So in a sense I guess you could say south is up and north is down.
                              Just thinking about the backwards bicycle.

Comment

Working...
                              X