Depends on what LS said.
    If LS said their user name.
    Questing song:
    The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post

If LS said their user name.
      I think F. knows the LS's user name. I also think that the LS probably understands a little about the back story and the importance of keeping quiet although he can never be certain.
      Last edited by atticusfinch315; 02-14-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzbait View Post
        I have to believe that the LS and Forrest are kindred spirits to an extent. Any searcher who has invested the time, money, patience, resolve and endless hours of research on anything and everything Fenn related to get close, must feel a bond with him to some degree. (I believe we all do) but the LS (if they exist)has been matching wits with the master storyteller and understands the process of his thinking with better clarity. I believe they must have some kind of cat and mouse relationship by now. Maybe They were about to give up and we’re drawn back in by something f mentioned in one of the rapid succession of scrapbooks this fall/winter. I mean., there were some real head scratchers that made us wonder what he was trying to convey while some just seemed like reminiscence . Makes you wonder if f feels that same bond to them, or if they feel like an orphan because I highly doubt he will communicate with them any further via email. My personal opinion: It will not be someone who publicly states that they are the LS. If they were truly and knew it , They will guard that secret like the holy grail of secrets because to them , it is. I wouldn’t tell a soul, because Fenn treasure hunters are quite possibly the most intense searchers ever! They don’t want anyone retracing their steps until Indulgence is safely tucked under their bed .
        There is a Bond: I have been learning about the man for several years now and know so much about him. Yet, there is so much we don't know about him. I think there is so much he has inside, the mental burdens of Vietnam for example, that he acts nonchalant about, and doesn't even let on he's dealing with. I have often thought that If I were to find it, I would love to meet him. I would relish the chance to sit an listen to him talk about life and to pick his brain about his life. I would love to have my 12 year old girl and 9 year old boy meet Forrest, listen to him, and learn from his wisdom and experience. That would be an unforgettable experience for them too.

I also agree with Grizz, the LS would not come out and state it. Besides, without the chest in hand, how would they know it? I wouldn't claim I'm the LS, but I've been tempted to throw out parts of my solution. I spent last summer in trial and error for the most part fine-tuning the solution. But time ran out and the weather got bad and I couldn't check out a theory. I have a few original ideas up my sleeve that I hope pan out this year. But truth be told, nobody would believe the proverbial LS anyway, others, including me would be annoyed at their chest-thumping, and they would likely be ridiculed. For those reasons it would discourage many searchers, including myself, from sharing some original thought.

Comment

Yes! Elperro, I agree with you there. Even if someone did come forward and claimed to be the LS - No one would believe him/her. That’s the funniest part of the whole thing. Heck..no one can even agree on a state most of the time. But at the same time, it takes all different kinds of minds to make the world go round. There is a reason that so many have failed in this hunt. It’s not as easy as some may first believe and after your first 10 or so BOTG, reality will give you a good smack across the kisser. That’s why veteran searchers have to have a chuckle at new searchers. They are so excited and stoked and will not be convinced of the slight possibility that they may be wrong. Sheesh. We have ALL been there. (That’s the funny part. We are just trying to save newer folks avoid some of the heartache if we know something doesn’t work, structural solves, wrong elevation, dangerous situations...) I look back to when I first started years ago and I get a laugh at myself. What an ego! It’s a right of passage to get to your first possible solve and just take a gander at the vastness that you are up against. You can spend a week searching one creek and still not see it all. Forrest is one fascinating individual for sure , but I don’t know... they say “don’t ever meet your hero” . He is mine and I’d still be willing to take that chance so I agree with you there as well!

Comment

Grizzbait, I like your username. Regarding the "vastness" you mentioned, I have to laugh because the first BOTG I did was riddled with foibles and a complete failure (except for the learning experience). New searchers learn quickly that the terrain on site looks nothing like Google Earth, and is, well, VAST. Been smacked across the kisser a few times, but I've been on a few trips now, and gotten a little more experienced. Took me a few BOTG's in May and even June to realize you can't get very far in deep snow without some snowshoes.

There was a flurry of scrapbooks there this Summer and Fall. I think there is someone (LS) out there who has solved the clues in the poem, but if he/she can actually find the chest is another matter due to the difficulty of BOTG. Its not over until its over, so I'll keep searching. Now its radio-silence with Fenn. I wonder what that's all about. I think that SB 247 was going to be the grand finale, but then someone did something stupid and he was forced to put out SB 248.

Comment

That first BOTG is a definite learning experience for us all. I sure hope the scrapbooks aren’t over. I think he’s ready to drop a bombshell on us. Hopefully soon because I don’t know how much longer I can hold out! The natives are getting restless!

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

The finder will spend some time with Forrest for sure.
                I know I would like to learn from Forrest and listen to some stories. Learning the ins and out of selling expensive stuff to the rich and famous could be interesting also.
                You seem to assume that the TC will be found while Forrest is still around. As much as I hope for this, I don't assume it. However, I am trying to be flexible in what you meant. Right now I am spending
                some time with Forrest, and with George Washington and with what's-her-name. Use your imagination if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

I think F. knows the LS's user name. I also think that the LS probably understands a little about the back story and the importance of keeping quiet although he can never be certain.
                  I wouldn't assume that the LS is male. The LS might be a confused individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You seem to assume that the TC will be found while Forrest is still around. As much as I hope for this, I don't assume it. However, I am trying to be flexible in what you meant. Right now I am spending
                    some time with Forrest, and with George Washington and with what's-her-name. Use your imagination if you want to.
                    And you are having a hard time understanding the obvious contingency. Or anal is just part of your repitwa.

Comment

That's funny, forrest uses the pronoun she when the gender is unknown and Atticus uses he and you are just so bewildered. Do we need a new word to help the OP (Old Pilot) fly straight ?

Comment

I bet at least three of the personalities are male. It takes a horde to know one.

Comment

OK enough.
                          “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                            OK enough.
                            What are you even talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post

What are you even talking about?
                              The flags that have been put on this thread has let me come in and just say enough. It gives everyone notice that I am now needing to watch this thread and its posts. Welcome to the site, new user
                              “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

The flags that have been put on this thread has let me come in and just say enough. It gives everyone notice that I am now needing to watch this thread and its posts. Welcome to the site, new user
                                Thanks den mama. Please keep in mind that just because there's smoke doesn't mean there's a ... smoker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRI0kASoaqI
                                Last edited by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz; 02-18-2020, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X