Contradiction of Lorraine Mills Interview and There Is a Way to Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contradiction of Lorraine Mills Interview and There Is a Way to Know

I think Toby is wrong on this one. In the Lorraine Mills interview he says, "if a person finds it and they don't want the IRS to know it, then maybe the spot will never be revealed". I think the critical thing here that toby skipped over is the IRS part. I think that is the part in the recent interview where he said, "there is a way to know, but I'm not going to say what it is". I don't think there is a conflict. The Lorraine Mills statement was a conditional statement. I think the built in thing is something legal, such as transfer of ownership that is motivating enough for the finder to do that Fenn has very high confidence that the finder would rather do than to try to sell piece meal so they don't have to pay tax. Could be a gift tax form or something like that. I think Fenn could give the chest under gift tax law, if he gives less than 10 million (or whatever the exact number is) and the finder wouldn't have to pay gift tax. That would be a HUGE motivator for the finder to report to Fenn.

I don't think there is any contradiction at all. It's a matter of how things were worded and with Fenn that matters a lot.

Just like the lead searcher thing. Of course there is someone that has been closer to solving than anyone else. And Fenn knows who that is, at least out of the emails he's received, but he doesn't define it as lead searcher. Just a technicality.

Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post
    I think Toby is wrong on this one. In the Lorraine Mills interview he says, "if a person finds it and they don't want the IRS to know it, then maybe the spot will never be revealed". I think the critical thing here that toby skipped over is the IRS part. I think that is the part in the recent interview where he said, "there is a way to know, but I'm not going to say what it is". I don't think there is a conflict. The Lorraine Mills statement was a conditional statement. I think the built in thing is something legal, such as transfer of ownership that is motivating enough for the finder to do that Fenn has very high confidence that the finder would rather do than to try to sell piece meal so they don't have to pay tax. Could be a gift tax form or something like that. I think Fenn could give the chest under gift tax law, if he gives less than 10 million (or whatever the exact number is) and the finder wouldn't have to pay gift tax. That would be a HUGE motivator for the finder to report to Fenn.

I don't think there is any contradiction at all. It's a matter of how things were worded and with Fenn that matters a lot.

Just like the lead searcher thing. Of course there is someone that has been closer to solving than anyone else. And Fenn knows who that is, at least out of the emails he's received, but he doesn't define it as lead searcher. Just a technicality.
    Since you put it out there...

This is how I understand it, right or wrong... Forrest is going to know when the chest is found, you can bet on that.

But he may not admit or announce it has been found, or at least admit he knows who found it if the Finder does not want that information out there.

If anyone on this earth can keep a secret, Forrest Fenn has proven he can.

Consider recounting a true life event story in your life that happened a long time ago. Now retell that story over and over again and again for some 10 years. Answer questions about it dozens of times over that timespan when some of the questions are only slight variations of questions you have answered in years past.

I can practically guarantee that almost everyone will have a lot more apparent contradictions along the way over those many years than Forrest Fenn seems to have made.

I believe the few apparent contradictions Forrest has made only seem to be contradictions because we don't know the whole story. If we did know the whole story it would make perfect sense and would not be a contradiction, and of course, we would have the chest to prove it!

Comment

Mr. Fenn can rest assured he will know when the treasure is found
      because his secret spot is a place only a person like him will understand.
      there's a hidden intimacy to the whole thing that renders treachery
      not only improbable but virtually impossible.

sometimes assurance is better than insurance.
      Last edited by Bill F.; 01-24-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Forrest will only know if the finder elects to tell him. And if that's true, then Forrest's confidence that he'll know is based on some incentive that only the finder will know about. But Forrest isn't absolute about knowing, for the very reason that he can't 100% predict the reactions of an individual to an incentive.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
          Didn’t he literally say recently that there is a way to know but he is not going to say what that is?
          In the new interview w kpro.
          Yes he did ! Both of his statements can be true, no contridiction.
          Last edited by Quest; 01-24-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Regarding who has the upper hand ...
            like Ethan Hunt, I believe Mr. Fenn
            has a few tricks up his sleeve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-t9lBcfDw

https://youtu.be/pLzRLjDG_ts?t=71

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith

The finder will tell him
              Most would. I would. But not everyone. Odds are that the few people who wouldn't aren't committed enough to the Chase to solve it.

Comment

Also, let's say I'm wrong; let's say for argument's sake the ultimate finder is
                nothing like Mr. Fenn and doesn't care for him one bit. Let's say the finder
                is a stone cold sociopath.

Even in this case, I'd think we could all agree that the finder has to be smart,
                as evidenced by the simple fact that he or she has achieved what no one else
                in a decade has been able to do.

Any intelligent person is going to know that "finding" the treasure is not an end,
                but a beginning of an entirely new path -- one which Fenn has already blazed.
                Upon finding the treasure, it could be argued the finder NEEDS Mr. Fenn
                more than any other individual on the planet. I don't think anyone who is
                of even average intelligence would be blind to this glaring fact.

Going into a post-Chase reality without Mr. Fenn as an ally would be like
                jumping into a swimming pool without water. And smart people just don't
                do things like that.

Unless of course, the finder is Chuck Norris, in which case, we're in for
                a wild wild ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill F. View Post
                  Also, let's say I'm wrong; let's say for argument's sake the ultimate finder is
                  nothing like Mr. Fenn and doesn't care for him one bit. Let's say the finder
                  is a stone cold sociopath.

Even in this case, I'd think we could all agree that the finder has to be smart,
                  as evidenced by the simple fact that he or she has achieved what no one else
                  in a decade has been able to do.

Any intelligent person is going to know that "finding" the treasure is not an end,
                  but a beginning of an entirely new path -- one which Fenn has already blazed.
                  Upon finding the treasure, it could be argued the finder NEEDS Mr. Fenn
                  more than any other individual on the planet. I don't think anyone who is
                  of even average intelligence would be blind to this glaring fact.

Going into a post-Chase reality without Mr. Fenn as an ally would be like
                  jumping into a swimming pool without water. And smart people just don't
                  do things like that.

Unless of course, the finder is Chuck Norris, in which case, we're in for
                  a wild wild ride.
                  The finder will spend some time with Forrest for sure.
                  I know I would like to learn from Forrest and listen to some stories. Learning the ins and out of selling expensive stuff to the rich and famous could be interesting also.

Comment

F mentions sub chapter s, that seems to imply that the finder will most likely want to report the find so they can achieve some type of tax break, but if they don't take advantage of these perks, f may never know the chest is found, unless he is told some other way. I don't think withholding these details for many years is a contradiction.

Comment

I have to believe that the LS and Forrest are kindred spirits to an extent. Any searcher who has invested the time, money, patience, resolve and endless hours of research on anything and everything Fenn related to get close, must feel a bond with him to some degree. (I believe we all do) but the LS (if they exist)has been matching wits with the master storyteller and understands the process of his thinking with better clarity. I believe they must have some kind of cat and mouse relationship by now. Maybe They were about to give up and we’re drawn back in by something f mentioned in one of the rapid succession of scrapbooks this fall/winter. I mean., there were some real head scratchers that made us wonder what he was trying to convey while some just seemed like reminiscence . Makes you wonder if f feels that same bond to them, or if they feel like an orphan because I highly doubt he will communicate with them any further via email. My personal opinion: It will not be someone who publicly states that they are the LS. If they were truly and knew it , They will guard that secret like the holy grail of secrets because to them , it is. I wouldn’t tell a soul, because Fenn treasure hunters are quite possibly the most intense searchers ever! They don’t want anyone retracing their steps until Indulgence is safely tucked under their bed .

Comment

If a lead searcher called him- do you think Forrest would be horrified and it would be a 20-second call?
                        I've been wondering what you folks think on that.
                        Questing song:
                        The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingMyTail View Post
                          F mentions sub chapter s, that seems to imply that the finder will most likely want to report the find so they can achieve some type of tax break, but if they don't take advantage of these perks, f may never know the chest is found, unless he is told some other way. I don't think withholding these details for many years is a contradiction.
                          Subchapter S indicates there is a corporation involved.
                          Subchapter S Corporation ownership can be transferred. The best way would be using a Trust where the finder is a Beneficiary and therefore has legal title to Corporation and the chest all with a chain of title.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                            If a lead searcher called him- do you think Forrest would be horrified and it would be a 20-second call?
                            I've been wondering what you folks think on that.
                            Depends on what LS said.

Comment

Why should it be different than a visit of Cynthia... or KPro?
                              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                              X