Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking the trash out

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
    I consider myself very fortunate to have been accepted by Harry because the moderation is very light there...
    That's the only forum on the web where I have ever had a mod explicitly call me a liar and then repeatedly delete my posts when I provided evidence to the contrary. That's not what I'd call "very light" moderation. I'm not interested in rehashing any of that, so it's the last I'll say on the matter.

    In my view, THOR is the only major discussion site where mod decisions have never been based solely on personalities.
    "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by antigroove View Post

      That's the only forum on the web where I have ever had a mod explicitly call me a liar and then repeatedly delete my posts when I provided evidence to the contrary. That's not what I'd call "very light" moderation. I'm not interested in rehashing any of that, so it's the last I'll say on the matter.

      In my view, THOR is the only major discussion site where mod decisions have never been based solely on personalities.
      That was back in 2018 just before my time on the forums. I don't know what was or wasn't deleted but what remains in the archives is an argument about Mindy continuing to make those wild accusations about Forrest on CC and you not taking issue with her about it on CC. It was a bad time on the forums then and tempers were flaring.

      My comments about CC improving some are based on the forum argument I had with Mindy over those same crazy accusations last year. She didn't ban me for that and she could have. Had we had that exchange in 2018 I'm sure she would have. Granted, that's not the apology to Forrest and the searcher community that would be a big step towards making things right, but I still see it as a small step in the right direction. Although I must admit it was probably only because those silly accusations got no traction among those with any degree of common sense.

      I don't know why some people just don't seem to have it in them to say, "I was wrong and I'm sorry" when they come to realize they were wrong, whether it is a mistake of commission or omission. If the bike you are riding is heading off a cliff, just jump off. Suffering road rash, while painful for a time, will eventually scab over and heal. Riding the bike off the cliff won't.

      But we do have many choices these days so it isn't the end of the world anymore like being banned on CC once was when there were no other alternative forums to go to for Chase discussion. And with multiple viable Chase forums today, a few people in positions of power on any one forum are no longer able to push their false narratives on to the searcher community and silence dissent by banning those who do not subscribe to such nonsense.

      I can't fix your problems at Harry's for you AG, but I do consider you to be one of the many casualties of the ugly forum war that was waged back then which was the catalyst that led to the better place we all enjoy in the online part of the Chase today.

      Comment


      • #18
        KPRO---I wish you would change your avatar. That picture of you makes you look like a dog....

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
          KPRO---I wish you would change your avatar. That picture of you makes you look like a dog....
          Many moons ago, I spent a whole afternoon tea contemplation trying to figure out which side of the bars you were on. I gave up.

          Comment


          • #20
            There was a poster here recently that refused to answer about a contradiction in their post. They got belligerent and used veiled threat of assault. They then deleted all of their posting and sent me a PM with another threat of assault and battery. Then they posted on CC that THOR was a bad forum that allowed posters to be called liars and was not newbie friendly. Their username remains unbanned here. A typical bully that by seeing this thread about taking out the trash posters has me convinced they came here just to start trouble and make threats and post on CC a skewed version to try and get and retain newbies to post at CC. Pathetic way that shows a desperation move to increase membership at CC. I'd show a link to CC thread but that is what they want. CC had better search engine expose before the site had link taken off of Dals site. So they seem to be desperately trying to get links on other sites.
            Last edited by Quest; 01-25-2020, 09:29 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Quest View Post
              There was a poster here recently that refused to answer about a contradiction in their post. They got belligerent and used veiled threat of assault. They then deleted all of their posting and sent me a PM with another threat of assault and battery. Then they posted on CC that THOR was a bad forum that allowed posters to be called liars and was not newbie friendly. Their username remains unbanned here. A typical bully that by seeing this thread about taking out the trash posters has me convinced they came here just to start trouble and make threats and post on CC a skewed version to try and get and retain newbies to post at CC. Pathetic way that shows a desperation move to increase membership at CC. I'd show a link to CC thread but that is what they want. CC had better search engine expose before the site had link taken off of Dals site. So they seem to be desperately trying to get links on other sites.
              Hey QUEST,
              Most of us know this. I was one of the first to be attacked by this individual.... I never back down from a fight but I try not to make it personal... In this case... I failed in that respect and I want to apologize to all for my written responses... Maybe you can forgive me if you weren't too offended! Please PM KPRO with snipits of those threats so that she will have reason to ban.....
              Last edited by Coinaster; 01-25-2020, 10:51 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                Many moons ago, I spent a whole afternoon tea contemplation trying to figure out which side of the bars you were on. I gave up.
                Sometimes I'm not quite sure myself.....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

                  Hey QUEST,
                  Most of us know this. I was one of the first to be attacked by this individual.... I never back down from a fight but I try not to make it personal... In this case... I failed in that respect and I want to apologize to all for my written responses... Maybe you can forgive me if you weren't too offended! Please PM KPRO with snipits of those threats so that she will have reason to ban.....
                  I dont take offense, a spirited debate not so bad. That other poster was trying to give excuse to make threats and that's not cool.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

                    That was back in 2018 just before my time on the forums. I don't know what was or wasn't deleted but what remains in the archives is an argument about Mindy continuing to make those wild accusations about Forrest on CC and you not taking issue with her about it on CC. It was a bad time on the forums then and tempers were flaring.

                    My comments about CC improving some are based on the forum argument I had with Mindy over those same crazy accusations last year. She didn't ban me for that and she could have. Had we had that exchange in 2018 I'm sure she would have. Granted, that's not the apology to Forrest and the searcher community that would be a big step towards making things right, but I still see it as a small step in the right direction. Although I must admit it was probably only because those silly accusations got no traction among those with any degree of common sense.

                    I don't know why some people just don't seem to have it in them to say, "I was wrong and I'm sorry" when they come to realize they were wrong, whether it is a mistake of commission or omission. If the bike you are riding is heading off a cliff, just jump off. Suffering road rash, while painful for a time, will eventually scab over and heal. Riding the bike off the cliff won't.

                    But we do have many choices these days so it isn't the end of the world anymore like being banned on CC once was when there were no other alternative forums to go to for Chase discussion. And with multiple viable Chase forums today, a few people in positions of power on any one forum are no longer able to push their false narratives on to the searcher community and silence dissent by banning those who do not subscribe to such nonsense.

                    I can't fix your problems at Harry's for you AG, but I do consider you to be one of the many casualties of the ugly forum war that was waged back then which was the catalyst that led to the better place we all enjoy in the online part of the Chase today.
                    That's not what happened, and I have no problems on any site. Just correcting misinformation.
                    "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Coinster - Happy to review threats, I know that group, so yes, I get it from that place.

                      It seems the latest complaint is I have corrupted the poor Cowlazars and started this place to sell coins..... bahahaha. I didn’t know him when he sold coins. I know several women several in that group complaining about poor Mike have emailed him and very interested in talking to him with some creative things they say ya know what I mean. You can stop getting in your bikinis and doing videos. Man, the measures some will go. It is a comical display. Priceless.
                      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by kpro View Post
                        Coinster - Happy to review threats, I know that group, so yes, I get it from that place.

                        It seems the latest complaint is I have corrupted the poor Cowlazars and started this place to sell coins..... bahahaha. I didn’t know him when he sold coins. I know several women several in that group complaining about poor Mike have emailed him and very interested in talking to him with some creative things they say ya know what I mean. You can stop getting in your bikinis and doing videos. Man, the measures some will go. It is a comical display. Priceless.
                        Mike will never be the same! I think that this is a good thing.... The 2 or you seem to have a great understanding and working relationship and I am happy for both. I have been married to the same woman for over 35 years and she has always been about being good and I still find her quite attractive and this is more about who she is! What the 2 of you provide to the chase is invaluable and greatly appreciated.... Keep it coming.... I hope you are profitable in your endeavor because after all we are a capitalistic society and people need to profit from their efforts!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by kpro View Post
                          Coinster - Happy to review threats, I know that group, so yes, I get it from that place.

                          It seems the latest complaint is I have corrupted the poor Cowlazars and started this place to sell coins..... bahahaha. I didn’t know him when he sold coins. I know several women several in that group complaining about poor Mike have emailed him and very interested in talking to him with some creative things they say ya know what I mean. You can stop getting in your bikinis and doing videos. Man, the measures some will go. It is a comical display. Priceless.
                          Friends and fans are great, but it's the haters that make one most famous.

                          There's always been and always will be a lot of jealousy in life, but the Chase seems to have more than its share of it.

                          And there is still a lot of sexism in American culture. It is easy to understand small-minded men who have some kind of inferiority complex about successful women and seek to undermine them. But what I can't wrap my head around is the fact there are many women who are far worse and far more determined to undermine the successes of other women. Now that is not to say there are some women who will seek to undermine a successful man just because he is a man, there is certainly a faction that does. But you would think that women in general, would celebrate the successes of other women since they should have more understanding of the challenges women face which are different than the challenges men face.

                          Now as Chase "Celebrities" go, and to answer the question about Chase Celebrity Responsibility you cold-cocked me with on the recent Marathon that I weaseled out of by diverting my answer because I needed time to think about how to say what I believe as simply as I could put it:

                          Chase Celebrities have the responsibility of giving more to the searcher community than they take.

                          And even if it were true that you are just running this growing and vibrant forum and your FennTube channel just to "steal" ideas from other searchers, Kpro, you and CowMike put a hell of a lot more time and work into doing what you do than could ever be offset by what few tidbits you might gain that "might" give you the slimmest and slightest advantage in finding Fenn's treasure someday. And the same goes for Cynthia and her close friend personal relationship with Forrest. Likewise, this is also true for Dal, and was true for Steph and Mindy. Forrest isn't giving anything away, not to them, not to you, not to me, or any other searcher. And anything that didn't come from Forrest, is going to be inherently unreliable information that is probably going to be more detrimental than helpful in finding the chest.

                          So in my book, you and CowMike are way ahead in the giving to the searcher community than I see you ever being able to take from it.

                          So why do you do it?

                          My educated guess is because you love the Chase and enjoy having fun participating in its pursuit as well as interacting with other searchers. If I'm wrong then I'm guilty of projecting my own feelings. And if I'm right, then you are into a lot deeper than I am, and I'm into it pretty deep.

                          Brace yourself for this next thing I have to say because I'm not going to pull my punches on this one...

                          Every BOTG searcher is a failed searcher!

                          I know this because every BOTG searcher has this far failed to find the chest on every BOTG search they have ever conducted.

                          How we deal with our failures has got to be a major part of the Chase that Forrest Fenn must have considered. He tells us of many of his amazing successes, but he tells us of few of his failures. I think there are several reasons why this so besides just his ego. Here are some of those reasons that I imagine:

                          1) Forrest Fenn, like almost all successful people, doesn't dwell on his failures. He makes adjustments and keeps it moving. Those things not important to him he probably abandons to avoid wasting any more time and energy on them. But he keeps tenaciously going after those things that are important to him until he succeeds.

                          2) There would probably be too many clues revealed if Forrest shared some of his failures with us. He can deny that if he wants, but I am certain of it.

                          3) If Forrest shared more of his failures with us, we would likely misinterpret them and more searchers would be incorrectly inspired to do more things wrong.

                          There are many ways we can deal with personal failures:

                          1) Employ simple denial.
                          2) Make excuses.
                          3) Blame others.
                          4) Blame circumstances.
                          5) Blame ourselves.
                          6) Accept failure and give up.
                          7) Accept failure, own it, study it, make adjustments, try again

                          Which one are you Kpro?

                          And that's the real reason I think your haters hate you so much and what makes me a fan of you doing what you do, even though we may not always agree on everything.

                          Which brings me to my next point:

                          Chase Celebrities have the responsibility of demonstrating and teaching others how to deal with BOTG search failures in a positive manner.

                          I think you and CowMike are the current title holders in this regard, although you have some stiff competition with several other also awesome FennTubers.

                          And you try to run this forum is much the same way. I see it more as a matter of who you are.

                          We are all the same, different in our own unique ways.

                          If you, Kpro, and I were called to the ministry today, in five years I could see you at the pulpit of a megachurch with thousands of devoted members. And I would be preaching in the jails, prisons, and on the streets to the homeless, drug addicts, and prostitutes. Same basic message, same degree of piety. Just a different approach to different audiences because we are equipped differently with different life experiences that give us different advantages in different situations. Your message would not be well received where I would go just as I would not be well received in your megachurch.

                          Even so, someone has to preach to the choir or there would be no purpose for the choir. And someone has to preach to those who would never attend a formal church service.

                          Everyone is redeemable from their mistakes and failures who wants to be, if only they would recognize this fact themselves and deal with those mistakes and failures positively.

                          I think the Chase is a wonderful example of that.

                          But there are some criminals who immediately commit crimes when they are released from long prison terms just so they can be sent back to prison because they prefer prison to freedom. And my heart breaks for them as much as I am outraged for their harmful actions towards others.
                          Last edited by LurkerMike; 01-26-2020, 01:10 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
                            I do as well.

                            The difference in the verbiage "Separation of Church and State" and "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" is significant.

                            It probably could have been argued in the past that the US government did, in fact, sanction Christmas as a religious holiday which is prohibited by the First Amendment. But that day has long passed as Christmas as it is today can be argued to be a secular holiday with only its origins in religious practices going back thousands of years for Pagans and some two millennia for Christians.

                            In any case, my point is that Chase merchandising is a similar argument to the Christmas Holiday where searchers have the right to choose whether to participate in it or not. And it is an individual's choice so that means there is no one "right" or "wrong" decision, as long as Forrest Fenn or any official designee that he might specify approves of those items that might otherwise infringe on his "brand."

                            Of course, I should make clear that am in the camp that loves the Chase merchandise. But I understand and respect the reasons of other searchers who don't.

                            The bottom line is that I don't see the Chase merchandizing being detrimental to the Chase in that all but one searcher will have nothing to show for their search efforts if it weren't for the Chase merchandise. I have two searcher coins that I treasure and soon the Chaseopoly that I will also treasure. I hope to pass these items down and hopefully be remembered by my future descendants for having participated in this epic adventure. For me, that's a great thing considering how many thousands of dollars I have and will continue to spend searching the Rockies from my home near Atlanta GA. I won't go as far to say the Chase merchandise is "saving" or will "save the Chase," but I will say that I am glad to have it as an option for those like me who like collecting it as souvenirs of time spent chasing the thrill.

                            The Chase merchandise is just like everything else in the Chase, all participation is VOLUNTARY and each searcher is solely responsible for the decisions they make.
                            Forrest is so popular right now I bet even Jesus has Chaseopoly. Jesus save us all from searching and chasing Forrest to the ends of the Earth. After all, he's still here. Right? Lurker Mike is probably the closest with his analagy and insights.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Thanks for keeping this forum free of bs. I'm shocked with some of the wild accusations I have read on other sites. I highly doubt that mindset will be what it takes to find the chest...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X