X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill F.
    replied
    Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Well there’s the lead searcher and then there is possibly one other person in the picture. The scrapbook “Young at heart” anagrams to “A young threat” so I believe someone else is on the right path. I just don’t know how far along they are. I email Forrest, but for some reason he never responds.

thanks for the information, Anna.

Leave a comment:

• Hillbealy
    replied

Well there’s the lead searcher and then there is possibly one other person in the picture. The scrapbook “Young at heart” anagrams to “A young threat” so I believe someone else is on the right path. I just don’t know how far along they are. I email Forrest, but for some reason he never responds.

I was hoping for a handfull or less. But I think he riddled us a new number

Leave a comment:

• Anna Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by jacbNimble View Post

Wrong! Sorry scrap books will not help u solve it might at best have a slight hint here or there so good luck with that one!
    You’d be surprised how much information you can get from a scrapbook, if you know how to read them. But keep telling yourself that the scrapbooks don’t matter if it makes you feel better.
    Last edited by Anna Graham; 01-28-2020, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by Hillbealy View Post
    Anna: How many do you think are on Fenns short list?

Leave a comment:

• jacbNimble
    replied

Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
    Wrong! Sorry scrap books will not help u solve it might at best have a slight hint here or there so good luck with that one!

Leave a comment:

• Hillbealy
    replied

The people who have “solved” the poem is a pretty exclusive club.
    Anna: How many do you think are on Fenns short list?

Leave a comment:

• atticusfinch315
    replied
    I too feel like the end is near. Seems as if I may have started too late. I think the LS is just biding his time till it can be coordinated with those who are significant. Perhaps this time it's a different type of journey which requires a different schedule.

Leave a comment:

• ORION
    replied
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

IMO, no one has waited since 2018 to allow the “common folk” to come to terms with their own failure, misery, etc. This is textbook hubris, which doesn’t make sense in a contest like the chase. Hubris leads to nemesis, and is often blind to the ”unexpected blow.” Maybe the story is more like this two-part series, in which a broken hero, victim of bad luck and conspiring forces, learns to make his own luck:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGYIM-8y38
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i94ldGNNSQ0

The blaze is real, but its spirit is that of the Phoenix. Renew, retry, be born again. Get up one more time than your opponent. I can’t think of anything more “un-Chase” than a coronation.

I believe we are in agreement....though someone may not have been waiting since 2018...it does seem that someone is very close ( at the very least) and that sentiment seems to have been expressed by more than a few, among whom I would include myself.

With the feeling that the search may come to an end before I can retrieve the chest, I've shifted my thinking in preparation for such a moment...my question was essentially posed to ask if others had done the same.

Peace,
    Orion

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by ORION View Post

How do you define misery?

Is confirmation of the retrieval of the chest enough to end Searchers' misery?

Will lack of disclosure of a solution and/or the location mean the misery shall continue, or will a new misery be created in the minds of Searchers?

Will Searchers channel their energies to new, positive and fulfilling projects or wallow in misery of their own perceived failure?

Is two years enough time for all searchers to contemplate their feelings and path forward should they learn of the chest's retrieval?

I suppose it is an unfair, perhaps pointless, question since Forrest indicated there is no Lead Searcher as far as he is concerned.

For myself, I've come to terms with a likely outcome and my own misery.

Peace,
    Orion
    IMO, no one has waited since 2018 to allow the “common folk” to come to terms with their own failure, misery, etc. This is textbook hubris, which doesn’t make sense in a contest like the chase. Hubris leads to nemesis, and is often blind to the ”unexpected blow.” Maybe the story is more like this two-part series, in which a broken hero, victim of bad luck and conspiring forces, learns to make his own luck:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGYIM-8y38
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i94ldGNNSQ0

The blaze is real, but its spirit is that of the Phoenix. Renew, retry, be born again. Get up one more time than your opponent. I can’t think of anything more “un-Chase” than a coronation.

Leave a comment:

• Quest
    replied

Maybe I’m just getting more out of the scrapbooks than you are.
    A lot of people are. If you are understanding hints and not the camouflage then I would say good for you if you apply them properly you could be at clue 3

Leave a comment:

• Quest
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill F.

I can see this statement potentially meaning different things --

1) The obvious -- Fenn doesn't know of anyone who is close enough to be coined L.S.
    2) Fennism -- a shrewd non-answer, as the wording "as far as I'm concerned" renders what follows entirely subjective and utterly wobbly --
    another example of this would be "in certain conditions, wind might effect it" (didn't look this one back up, but I remember this statement
    was hinged on a double conditional -- "in certain conditions" (already a meaningless statement once this is said) "might" (which infers equally
    "might not"). Also, "effect it" could mean virtually anything. You've gotta hand it to him -- the man has a way with words.
    3) Imagine someone you care about hurt your feelings -- let's say your closest friend stole your wife and moved to an island to be with her.
    Then someone asked you about your friend John Doe. Can't you just see yourself saying "As far as I'm concerned, there is no John Doe."
    It's synonymous with "John Doe is dead to me." As Dal reported that Peggy was still with Forrest some months back, it doesn't appear that
    any searcher has swooned Mr. Fenn's sweetheart away from him. Which leaves the other possibility -- did some searcher sneak in,
    take the treasure, and sneak out, and perhaps send Fenn a pic from the islands with some mean phrase like "gotcha! bite me!")
    And my answer to this is -- No. Certainly not. See my previous posting for my reasoning why I'm confident this isn't the case.
    This leaves us with 1 or 2 above. My money's on 2. How bout you?
    I thought my statement is accurate

Leave a comment:

• Anna Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by Quest View Post

I dont think forrest hints to pinpoint anything. The poem pinpoints the location. His hints are to far removed and could only be used as confirmations of general area which could be applied to numerous locations if you could even figure out what are hints and what are not. Poem is straightforward because it is made up of clues.
    Maybe I’m just getting more out of the scrapbooks than you are.

Leave a comment:

• ORION
    replied
    Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
    ORION Hey,

Did your know your right shoulder might explode? Betelgeuse might go supernova
    Yes, it's a little enflamed...like a rotator cuff injury. Did I mention that I used to pitch a lot?

Also, fun fact. Betelgeuse is designated as Alpha Orionis, by German astronomer Johann Bayer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_designation

Thank you for your concern over my shoulder.

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

Leave a comment:

• Quest
    replied

Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
    I dont think forrest hints to pinpoint anything. The poem pinpoints the location. His hints are to far removed and could only be used as confirmations of general area which could be applied to numerous locations if you could even figure out what are hints and what are not. Poem is straightforward because it is made up of clues.

Leave a comment:

• atticusfinch315
    replied
    Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    . Are you just following the forum or is there something more ....?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X