Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ORION View Post

How do you define misery?

Is confirmation of the retrieval of the chest enough to end Searchers' misery?

Will lack of disclosure of a solution and/or the location mean the misery shall continue, or will a new misery be created in the minds of Searchers?

Will Searchers channel their energies to new, positive and fulfilling projects or wallow in misery of their own perceived failure?

Is two years enough time for all searchers to contemplate their feelings and path forward should they learn of the chest's retrieval?

I suppose it is an unfair, perhaps pointless, question since Forrest indicated there is no Lead Searcher as far as he is concerned.

For myself, I've come to terms with a likely outcome and my own misery.

Peace,
    Orion
    IMO, no one has waited since 2018 to allow the “common folk” to come to terms with their own failure, misery, etc. This is textbook hubris, which doesn’t make sense in a contest like the chase. Hubris leads to nemesis, and is often blind to the ”unexpected blow.” Maybe the story is more like this two-part series, in which a broken hero, victim of bad luck and conspiring forces, learns to make his own luck:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGYIM-8y38
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i94ldGNNSQ0

The blaze is real, but its spirit is that of the Phoenix. Renew, retry, be born again. Get up one more time than your opponent. I can’t think of anything more “un-Chase” than a coronation.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

IMO, no one has waited since 2018 to allow the “common folk” to come to terms with their own failure, misery, etc. This is textbook hubris, which doesn’t make sense in a contest like the chase. Hubris leads to nemesis, and is often blind to the ”unexpected blow.” Maybe the story is more like this two-part series, in which a broken hero, victim of bad luck and conspiring forces, learns to make his own luck:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGYIM-8y38
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i94ldGNNSQ0

The blaze is real, but its spirit is that of the Phoenix. Renew, retry, be born again. Get up one more time than your opponent. I can’t think of anything more “un-Chase” than a coronation.

I believe we are in agreement....though someone may not have been waiting since 2018...it does seem that someone is very close ( at the very least) and that sentiment seems to have been expressed by more than a few, among whom I would include myself.

With the feeling that the search may come to an end before I can retrieve the chest, I've shifted my thinking in preparation for such a moment...my question was essentially posed to ask if others had done the same.

Peace,
      Orion

Comment

I too feel like the end is near. Seems as if I may have started too late. I think the LS is just biding his time till it can be coordinated with those who are significant. Perhaps this time it's a different type of journey which requires a different schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

The people who have “solved” the poem is a pretty exclusive club.
          Anna: How many do you think are on Fenns short list?

Comment

Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
            Wrong! Sorry scrap books will not help u solve it might at best have a slight hint here or there so good luck with that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbealy View Post
              Anna: How many do you think are on Fenns short list?
              Well there’s the lead searcher and then there is possibly one other person in the picture. The scrapbook “Young at heart” anagrams to “A young threat” so I believe someone else is on the right path. I just don’t know how far along they are. I email Forrest, but for some reason he never responds.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by jacbNimble View Post

Wrong! Sorry scrap books will not help u solve it might at best have a slight hint here or there so good luck with that one!
                You’d be surprised how much information you can get from a scrapbook, if you know how to read them. But keep telling yourself that the scrapbooks don’t matter if it makes you feel better.
                Last edited by Anna Graham; 01-28-2020, 12:26 PM.
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Well there’s the lead searcher and then there is possibly one other person in the picture. The scrapbook “Young at heart” anagrams to “A young threat” so I believe someone else is on the right path. I just don’t know how far along they are. I email Forrest, but for some reason he never responds.

I was hoping for a handfull or less. But I think he riddled us a new number

Comment

thanks for the information, Anna.

Comment

Working...
                    X