Two Search Seasons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
    Thanks Anna. You are one of the more well-respected posters around here and I value your opinion. Of course with all the snow on the ground recovery could still be months away.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Thanks Anna. You are one of the more well-respected posters around here and I value your opinion. Of course with all the snow on the ground recovery could still be months away.
      Dizzy Dean's birthday is July 17th.

That would be the day I would go, if I could pick one.

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Peace,

Orion
        Well, can you pick one?

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

Well, can you pick one?
          Yes. And no.

O.

Comment

Peace,

Orion
            Hi Orion,
            According to Wikipedia Dizzy Dean was born Jan 16, 1910 and he died July 17, 1974. I don't know if that's significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Hi Orion,
              According to Wikipedia Dizzy Dean was born Jan 16, 1910 and he died July 17, 1974. I don't know if that's significant.
              You are correct... I had recently read and was thinking about Forrest's comment about the great banquet table of history at the end of TTOTC and thought about it as a new beginning, of sorts, so that may have been where my mind was. I guess I got my wires crossed in the 1900s.

Thank you for noticing.

Regards,

Orion

Comment

ORION Hey,

Did your know your right shoulder might explode? Betelgeuse might go supernova

Comment

Comment

How do you define misery?

Is confirmation of the retrieval of the chest enough to end Searchers' misery?

Will lack of disclosure of a solution and/or the location mean the misery shall continue, or will a new misery be created in the minds of Searchers?

Will Searchers channel their energies to new, positive and fulfilling projects or wallow in misery of their own perceived failure?

Is two years enough time for all searchers to contemplate their feelings and path forward should they learn of the chest's retrieval?

I suppose it is an unfair, perhaps pointless, question since Forrest indicated there is no Lead Searcher as far as he is concerned.

For myself, I've come to terms with a likely outcome and my own misery.

Peace,
                    Orion
                    Forrest answering " As far as I'm concerned there is no lead searcher" is quite telling that person closest has claimed to be lead searcher. But he doesn't want to answer questions about it. Pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                      . Are you just following the forum or is there something more ....?

Comment

Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
                        I dont think forrest hints to pinpoint anything. The poem pinpoints the location. His hints are to far removed and could only be used as confirmations of general area which could be applied to numerous locations if you could even figure out what are hints and what are not. Poem is straightforward because it is made up of clues.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
                          ORION Hey,

Did your know your right shoulder might explode? Betelgeuse might go supernova
                          Yes, it's a little enflamed...like a rotator cuff injury. Did I mention that I used to pitch a lot?

Also, fun fact. Betelgeuse is designated as Alpha Orionis, by German astronomer Johann Bayer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_designation

Thank you for your concern over my shoulder.

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

I dont think forrest hints to pinpoint anything. The poem pinpoints the location. His hints are to far removed and could only be used as confirmations of general area which could be applied to numerous locations if you could even figure out what are hints and what are not. Poem is straightforward because it is made up of clues.
                            Maybe I’m just getting more out of the scrapbooks than you are.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Bill F.

I can see this statement potentially meaning different things --

1) The obvious -- Fenn doesn't know of anyone who is close enough to be coined L.S.
                              2) Fennism -- a shrewd non-answer, as the wording "as far as I'm concerned" renders what follows entirely subjective and utterly wobbly --
                              another example of this would be "in certain conditions, wind might effect it" (didn't look this one back up, but I remember this statement
                              was hinged on a double conditional -- "in certain conditions" (already a meaningless statement once this is said) "might" (which infers equally
                              "might not"). Also, "effect it" could mean virtually anything. You've gotta hand it to him -- the man has a way with words.
                              3) Imagine someone you care about hurt your feelings -- let's say your closest friend stole your wife and moved to an island to be with her.
                              Then someone asked you about your friend John Doe. Can't you just see yourself saying "As far as I'm concerned, there is no John Doe."
                              It's synonymous with "John Doe is dead to me." As Dal reported that Peggy was still with Forrest some months back, it doesn't appear that
                              any searcher has swooned Mr. Fenn's sweetheart away from him. Which leaves the other possibility -- did some searcher sneak in,
                              take the treasure, and sneak out, and perhaps send Fenn a pic from the islands with some mean phrase like "gotcha! bite me!")
                              And my answer to this is -- No. Certainly not. See my previous posting for my reasoning why I'm confident this isn't the case.
                              This leaves us with 1 or 2 above. My money's on 2. How bout you?
                              I thought my statement is accurate

Comment

Maybe I’m just getting more out of the scrapbooks than you are.
                                A lot of people are. If you are understanding hints and not the camouflage then I would say good for you if you apply them properly you could be at clue 3

Comment

Working...
                                X