Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Search Seasons...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Two Search Seasons...


    ...since the "gut feeling", Dizzy Dean and rise of the notion of the Hunter...

    Is that enough time for Searchers to come to terms with the end of the Chase?

    Finding Peace,

    Orion




    Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	930
Size:	760.9 KB
ID:	137460



















  • #2
    Originally posted by John Smith
    A lot of folks have deciphered the code and are close.
    Do you honestly believe a lot of folks have deciphered the code?
    Three days ago you posted a thread entitled “Need A Partner.” Now if you had deciphered the code, I don’t think you would be looking to partner up. So what on earth gives you idea that “lots of folks” have deciphered the code, and it’s only a foot race at this point?
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by John Smith

      Just my observations - I haven't deciphered the whole code, but enough to know how to read the whispers. The thought was putting more heads to work together because it will be a race to the finish. However, no one took me up on my offer so I am back to sailing solo.

      I will delete that thread
      I don’t care whether you leave it up or delete it. I think a lot of the whispers that you read are people blowing smoke. People often pretend to understand something when they really don’t so that they dont feel excluded. They’re fake people and the only person they are fooling are themselves. The people who have “solved” the poem is a pretty exclusive club.
      Last edited by Anna Graham; 01-23-2020, 12:17 PM.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SimonSays

        Are you going to end it for us and put us out of our misery?
        How do you define misery?

        Is confirmation of the retrieval of the chest enough to end Searchers' misery?

        Will lack of disclosure of a solution and/or the location mean the misery shall continue, or will a new misery be created in the minds of Searchers?

        Will Searchers channel their energies to new, positive and fulfilling projects or wallow in misery of their own perceived failure?

        Is two years enough time for all searchers to contemplate their feelings and path forward should they learn of the chest's retrieval?

        I suppose it is an unfair, perhaps pointless, question since Forrest indicated there is no Lead Searcher as far as he is concerned.

        For myself, I've come to terms with a likely outcome and my own misery.

        Peace,
        Orion

        Comment


        • #5
          Orion is my favorite Lead Slug!
          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
          G. C. Lichtenberg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ORION View Post

            How do you define misery?

            Is confirmation of the retrieval of the chest enough to end Searchers' misery?

            Will lack of disclosure of a solution and/or the location mean the misery shall continue, or will a new misery be created in the minds of Searchers?

            Will Searchers channel their energies to new, positive and fulfilling projects or wallow in misery of their own perceived failure?

            Is two years enough time for all searchers to contemplate their feelings and path forward should they learn of the chest's retrieval?

            I suppose it is an unfair, perhaps pointless, question since Forrest indicated there is no Lead Searcher as far as he is concerned.

            For myself, I've come to terms with a likely outcome and my own misery.

            Peace,
            Orion
            and that likely outcome and your own misery is.....?

            Comment


            • #7
              Want to know why Maine was added to the Continental United States?
              Because like you blabbering Shmoes, Missouri loves company.
              But that’s not pertinent to The Chase and neither is any of the rubbish you guys are talking.
              If you’ll stick to the Hints/Clue and RATIONAL interpretations, one of us might actually find the thing.
              Imagine that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

                and that likely outcome and your own misery is.....?
                Something with which I've come to terms.

                Wait, I think we went circular and I smell a pi in the kitchen, the hub of my home. Hub? Wagon wheel?

                I'd better put a lasso around myself or I'll head down a slippery slope, maybe make a brown mark on my bottom.

                Sniff, sniff...it may not be a pi...sniff...banana? I'd better grab that banana bread...I especially like the edges, though right out of the oven, it's warmest in the middle...and that's significant.

                There can be no misery with bananas and bread.

                Regards,

                Orion, the Hunter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John Smith

                  Yea, I know. I like your Avatar by the way.
                  I thought you were asking LurkerMike to lunch to talk about searching (since he did respond) and not actually searching in GA. Coinaster has been around long enough to know that.
                  To me that thread confirmed the new guy is genuinely funny and not a recycled pen name.
                  And I like Your avatar- that guy’s got determination the sea’s not gonna capsize him. This winter is long- I think I need to be like that navigator and just get pissed at the sea.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                    Orion is my favorite Lead Slug!

                    https://youtu.be/MWtUVDG5M1w


                    Thanks,

                    O.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                      I thought you were asking LurkerMike to lunch to talk about searching (since he did respond) and not actually searching in GA. Coinaster has been around long enough to know that.
                      To me that thread confirmed the new guy is genuinely funny and not a recycled pen name.
                      And I like Your avatar- that guy’s got determination the sea’s not gonna capsize him. This winter is long- I think I need to be like that navigator and just get pissed at the sea.
                      Ooops, what did I miss?

                      I hope it wasn't lunch!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                        The people who have “solved” the poem is a pretty exclusive club.
                        Anna -
                        Does this mean you think someone may have solved the poem? Or does exclusive mean that no one has solved it?


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Anti-Fun GUS View Post
                          Want to know why Maine was added to the Continental United States?
                          Because like you blabbering Shmoes, Missouri loves company.
                          But that’s not pertinent to The Chase and neither is any of the rubbish you guys are talking.
                          If you’ll stick to the Hints/Clue and RATIONAL interpretations, one of us might actually find the thing.
                          Imagine that.
                          Dang right we like company.
                          The more the merrier.
                          Looking forward to hearing some of your thots Sir Gus;
                          I will put the coffee on.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

                            Anna -
                            Does this mean you think someone may have solved the poem? Or does exclusive mean that no one has solved it?

                            Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                              Yes, I think it’s been solved. I think the hunter was close last fall and the flurry of scrapbooks from September to December has enabled them to pinpoint its exact location. It’s just a matter of recovery at this point.
                              Agreed

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X