Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS IS FORREST'S GAME

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Andy Mootmann

    Could this spirit twin also be the fall 2019 scrapbook igniter? Maybe the end game is more difficult than searchers are expecting, but not impossible. Possibly the snowy winter came along and the igniter being near the end mistakenly decided to regroup and wait for spring/early summer. But who could have predicted a pandemic of this magnitude for this year - as the twin must not of. It is conceivable this spirit is still out there somewhere quarantined and waiting… for what? Forrest said something like this last fall: If you know where the treasure chest is (insert spirit twin for fun!) why don’t you just go out there and get it. Well? Perhaps this spirit twin is not going to live up to Fenn’s poem expectations and will be a footnote to the chase like the ad nauseam 200 foot searcher. A true twin spirit of Forrest would not be a footnote, but would be toe to toe against all odds.
    Seriously dude, and don't take this as a joke -- you need to WATCH THIS (and not just the preview) to understand what's going on here. It's going to blow you away.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

      My god, you mean to tell me that there are hundreds if not thousand of mini mikes out there lurking, just waiting to spew their bloviated discourse on an unsuspecting public.

      Ole Marlon looks like he's in a tight spot.

      Francis found himself in a tighter one (metaphorically speaking) when he was expecting a 90 lb leaner Brando and then this fella showed up.
      It may be titled the Heart of DARKNESS, but they only decided to shrowd old Marlon in darkness once they saw what showed up.
      And Marlon had such star power, they couldn't say no. To add insult to injury, he rewrote most of the script against everyone's will.
      Years ago I saw this hilarious on site footage where a young Copola sat with a bewildered look on his face beside Brando as he went through
      and changed the sp line by line. hahaha, that man. gotta love his brass.
      Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 05-19-2020, 09:11 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Outkast Searcher View Post

        Forrest may have had a type of person in mind, but he has no control over it. If the poem was designed for it to be solved by someone of a similar type of person as Forrest, then it could also be solved by someone very unlike Forrest but who understands who he is.

        In short, even if there is a "type" that can only solve the poem...you don't have to be that type...you just have to understand that type.
        The only thing one needs to understand is how Fenn uses the words he does. There isn't a "type" other than being persistent and trying another angle when what you figured out wasn't quite right. There are confirmations, but there are also various ways to understand what he wrote....that's the difficulty; but as he said, it's not impossible.
        To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by RahRah View Post

          The only thing one needs to understand is how Fenn uses the words he does. There isn't a "type" other than being persistent and trying another angle when what you figured out wasn't quite right. There are confirmations, but there are also various ways to understand what he wrote....that's the difficulty; but as he said, it's not impossible.
          this may sound silly, but in many of the places i've searched over and over and over,
          as i've looked in these spots, and then watched the awesome video SunshineSniffer put out
          with all the pics of TC, I've said to myself -- Nah, THAT gorgeous thing can't be HERE ...

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Quest View Post

            With Forrests comment about treasure ownership tied to Subchapter S the logical translation of the phrase "will have earned it" is capital gains.
            Did I miss something when I was gone?
            To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

              Ole Marlon looks like he's in a tight spot.

              Francis found himself in a tighter one (metaphorically speaking) when he was expecting a 90 lb leaner Brando and then this fella showed up.
              It may be titled the Heart of DARKNESS, but they only decided to shrowd old Marlon in darkness once they saw what showed up.
              And Marlon had such star power, they couldn't say no. To add insult to injury, he rewrote most of the script against everyone's will.
              Years ago I saw this hilarious on site footage where a young Copola sat with a bewildered look on his face beside Brando as he went through
              and changed the sp line by line. hahaha, that man. gotta love his brass.
              found it!

              https://youtu.be/_Mt8c67lkMM?t=215

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

                Seriously dude, and don't take this as a joke -- you need to WATCH THIS (and not just the preview) to understand what's going on here. It's going to blow you away.

                That movie plot is one of the biggest yawn inducers I've ever seen. But if it floats your boat, I can't prove that you're not (if you'll pardon the expression) *well*-red.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by RahRah View Post

                  Did I miss something when I was gone?
                  Not sure if this helps but ff makes a mention of a sub-chapter S in one of Kpro videos earlier this year.
                  Edit: I found it here about the 42:50 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpYkxT0UTk
                  Last edited by chesttroll; 05-19-2020, 10:37 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                    That movie plot is one of the biggest yawn inducers I've ever seen. But if it floats your boat, I can't prove that you're not (if you'll pardon the expression) *well*-red.
                    Dude, you're such a dick online, I'm almost positive I would like you in person.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Waldorf & Stetler
                      Grumpy Cat
                      Old Pilot

                      Gotte lov‘em...
                      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                      G. C. Lichtenberg

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                        That movie plot is one of the biggest yawn inducers I've ever seen. But if it floats your boat, I can't prove that you're not (if you'll pardon the expression) *well*-red.
                        That’s a GREAT movie. No offense OP, maybe my job is just boring so that one looks exciting! The last 15 minutes or so was amazing. When it comes up ERROR then 9/13, all the way to the 1am meeting after the line by line analysis of the PO- riveting!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

                          That’s a GREAT movie. No offense OP, maybe my job is just boring so that one looks exciting! The last 15 minutes or so was amazing. When it comes up ERROR then 9/13, all the way to the 1am meeting after the line by line analysis of the PO- riveting!
                          well now I'm forgetting the ending to my own recommendation!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                            My god, you mean to tell me that there are hundreds if not thousand of mini mikes out there lurking, just waiting to spew their bloviated discourse on an unsuspecting public.

                            And little Michelle's...

                            None should be much under 20 years old today and the oldest would be close to 40. That means there is no telling how many biological grandkids I might have or even great-grandkids.

                            Those are a lot of reasons I would have to give the chest to a museum if I were to ever find it someday. If they ever found out I fathered them all and I found the chest, there might be enough of them to start a civil war fighting over their shares. But on the plus side, that should provide a significant customer base for a museum from just all of my offspring.

                            Now hear's the dead ringer fellow searchers...

                            When I tire of searching myself, or become unable to continue doing BTOG's myself, I will revoke my anonymous donor status and summon my hoard of biological militia, sending each to search just one or two solves in each of the four search states. By doing this, not only can I supervise THOUSANDS of searches each year, but I can effectively search whole states in a grid pattern search until one of them trips over the chest.

                            My plans to take over the government one vote at a time are progressing right on schedule.

                            Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

                            lookout lookout
                            beware beware
                            for when the shining sun's about
                            there are little lurkers everywhere
                            My newest favorite poem!!!

                            Thanks! I will have my crew of countless munchkins search your state last my friend!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

                              And little Michelle's...

                              None should be much under 20 years old today and the oldest would be close to 40. That means there is no telling how many biological grandkids I might have or even great-grandkids.

                              Those are a lot of reasons I would have to give the chest to a museum if I were to ever find it someday. If they ever found out I fathered them all and I found the chest, there might be enough of them to start a civil war fighting over their shares. But on the plus side, that should provide a significant customer base for a museum from just all of my offspring.

                              Now hear's the dead ringer fellow searchers...

                              When I tire of searching myself, or become unable to continue doing BTOG's myself, I will revoke my anonymous donor status and summon my hoard of biological militia, sending each to search just one or two solves in each of the four search states. By doing this, not only can I supervise THOUSANDS of searches each year, but I can effectively search whole states in a grid pattern search until one of them trips over the chest.

                              My plans to take over the government one vote at a time are progressing right on schedule.



                              My newest favorite poem!!!

                              Thanks! I will have my crew of countless munchkins search your state last my friend!
                              Pure evil genius...peg...whoa time to put down the coffee

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X