THIS IS FORREST'S GAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS IS FORREST'S GAME

Are you the type of person that Forrest wants to have his treasure ? Do you realize there is a certain type of person that will find Forrest's treasure ? Maybe you will and there certainly is.
    Forrest credits Ralph Lauren for the idea of putting together a treasure to hide for someone to find. Forrest had said if I can't take it with me I'm not gonna go. This is very telling as the idea being expressed is to pass the torch so to speak as he also said he wanted someone to enjoy the things he had enjoyed in his lifetime. So Forrest puts together a treasure for someone similar in spirit as himself. This must be the person to get the treasure. He inserts his own wittyness and word understandings into a poem. Many words he had to look up in dictionary and choose accordingly. Same as the finder would have to do, or maybe not. Maybe finder is so intune to the type of spirit Forrest has that they understand the poem early on. So what is holding back this twin of Forrest's spirit ? I dont think there is holding back of anything anymore and it is only a matter of time. Short time instead of longtime. Good luck Finder and long live the Spirit Of Forrest !

Originally posted by Quest View Post
    Are you the type of person that Forrest wants to have his treasure ? Do you realize there is a certain type of person that will find Forrest's treasure ? Maybe you will and there certainly is.
    Forrest may have had a type of person in mind, but he has no control over it. If the poem was designed for it to be solved by someone of a similar type of person as Forrest, then it could also be solved by someone very unlike Forrest but who understands who he is.

In short, even if there is a "type" that can only solve the poem...you don't have to be that type...you just have to understand that type.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
      Just to juxtapose this idea, so by posting on here thoughts you have (and you may be the worthy one), which may not have occurred to someone not worthy, are you destroying his intent? You're going out of your way to help someone that Forrest does not want to find it. Thusly we can hypothesize anyone posting thoughts and information related to the Chase on here is deliberately sabotaging Forrest's hunt, either by providing false statements, or by giving correct statements to searchers Forrest doesn't deem worthy.. At least if the poster is worthy.
      Just something for everyone to think about.
      Your basing your assumption that the spirit Forrest is looking to live on is finite in definition. Let's say the adventurous part of his spirit is what is most important. Well there is more to any person than loving adventure. How about monetarily successful ? I dont think this is a requirement as he is looking to give that opportunity to the finder. And wasn't Forrest a finder himself before he became successful in business . Forrest has said there is something for the finder that tells more about the story. We will just have to wait and see what that is. Forrest believes he thought of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Outkast Searcher View Post

Forrest may have had a type of person in mind, but he has no control over it. If the poem was designed for it to be solved by someone of a similar type of person as Forrest, then it could also be solved by someone very unlike Forrest but who understands who he is.

In short, even if there is a "type" that can only solve the poem...you don't have to be that type...you just have to understand that type.
        You say Forrest has no control over the person that gets "all" the treasure and I beg to differ. There will be someone with a final say. Either Forrest himself or a trustee. You know, gotta keep them trustees honest somehow also. You probably never thought of that.

Comment

Would Forrest Fenn consider a Redneck from Texas (or Georgia) with 12 kids (more or less) and a pickup truck (or their wife's minivan as the case may be) to be worthy of finding his chest?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSays
            I agree with you Quest.
            TY SS !

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
              Would Forrest Fenn consider a Redneck from Texas (or Georgia) with 12 kids (more or less) and a pickup truck (or their wife's minivan as the case may be) to be worthy of finding his chest?
              In my opinion, yes ! Who better to work the Land And Cattle company. Did I just give away a hint ?

Comment

Forrest credits Ralph Lauren for the idea of putting together a treasure to hide for someone to find. Forrest had said if I can't take it with me I'm not gonna go. This is very telling as the idea being expressed is to pass the torch so to speak as he also said he wanted someone to enjoy the things he had enjoyed in his lifetime. So Forrest puts together a treasure for someone similar in spirit as himself. This must be the person to get the treasure. He inserts his own wittyness and word understandings into a poem. Many words he had to look up in dictionary and choose accordingly. Same as the finder would have to do, or maybe not. Maybe finder is so intune to the type of spirit Forrest has that they understand the poem early on. So what is holding back this twin of Forrest's spirit ? I dont think there is holding back of anything anymore and it is only a matter of time. Short time instead of longtime. Good luck Finder and long live the Spirit Of Forrest !

I love you Forrest(s)❤️!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith

Oh, so you want the rednecks to work the cattle and farms chores while you bask in your designer clothes and social country clubs. I see how it is.....Aye mate, steady as she goes and fair blows the winds. Do not let the heavy seas and the calls of the sirens distract you from the quest Odysseus for thou have no rules in your conquest.
                  Evidently you dont understand. Does a foreman do work ? Does president, vice presidents, secretaries and treasurers do work ? There are many levels in business. And some people do prefer working directly with the land and animals. Nothing wrong with that in my book. The freedom to do as one wishes is the goal.
                  With a dog named BIP (Built In Profit).

Comment

You say Forrest has no control over the person that gets "all" the treasure and I beg to differ. There will be someone with a final say. Either Forrest himself or a trustee. You know, gotta keep them trustees honest somehow also. You probably never thought of that.
                    Well, for example, if I would find the chest...Forrest would never know and neither would anyone else. I don't care about possible other things in the chest that I would have to "claim" in some way.

Comment

In my opinion, yes ! Who better to work the Land And Cattle company. Did I just give away a hint ?
                      No hint, but pretty sure you have the wrong company.

Comment

Quest . Your name could be the key noun . I kind of like " It" myself. It has more then a few meanings. It has several. And I've been refocusing on the
                        ---Many words he had to look up in dictionary and choose accordingly.
                        The words in the poem as it was printed doesn't have to many complicated word meanings or synonyms. And he said what the tarry scant line is referring to.
                        Most the actions are defined . Some of the clues are more then one word. So why cant we see his story he has laid out. He gave us a starting point in the poem. . He says north of Sante Fe in the book. To me that is my starting point looking at the map. Just a thought. There are not to many geographic things that are mostly north of of Sante Fe. But that's for a new thread.

Comment

Confused on why Forrest said early on, he might not know if someone found it. That he is basically not involved with the treasure chest itself once he left it. And know he seems confident he will know as soon as it is found. I know nobody really knows . But that twist seems epic.

Comment

Well, for example, if I would find the chest...Forrest would never know and neither would anyone else. I don't care about possible other things in the chest that I would have to "claim" in some way.
                            You are entitled to devalue the find if you want to.

Comment

No hint, but pretty sure you have the wrong company.
                              There is several of them, but ok

Comment

Working...
                              X