Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You might be surprised at the spiciness that can sometimes be found inside a fly.
    I think the quote I remember is "Even a fly has a spleen". This is meant to mean one can even make a fly mad. Since epinephrine is released when you fight, your spleen contracts pushing more blood in your circulation in preparation for battle. In old times this was understood but they didn't understand why the spleen contracts. Because it is a vascular organ, you can easily exsanguinate if your spleen is torn. This is why the Roman soldier pierced Christ's left side beneath his ribs to lacerate the spleen. I am not sure but I don't think insects have spleens, but I know they can get mad! Maybe I'll raise a squadron of trained killer flies. I wonder if hungry trout would like them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

I think the quote I remember is "Even a fly has a spleen". This is meant to mean one can even make a fly mad. Since epinephrine is released when you fight, your spleen contracts pushing more blood in your circulation in preparation for battle. In old times this was understood but they didn't understand why the spleen contracts. Because it is a vascular organ, you can easily exsanguinate if your spleen is torn. This is why the Roman soldier pierced Christ's left side beneath his ribs to lacerate the spleen. I am not sure but I don't think insects have spleens, but I know they can get mad! Maybe I'll raise a squadron of trained killer flies. I wonder if hungry trout would like them?
      Humorous.

Comment

Reading the bible is like cramming for your finals. But a floating boat of some kind, I guess, can be better than no boat at all, if one is in "over their head".
        I need to do better. I only read the Cliff notes..
        1f

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

sounds like a most Dolorous Stroke.

Comment

• Do y'all think that AE was very concerned with her rear view?

Comment

Do y'all think that AE was very concerned with her rear view?
              Who the heck is AE?

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Who the heck is AE?
                Amelia E I believe?

from her letter to her husband, my guess is no!

Comment

Do y'all think that AE was very concerned with her rear view?
                  Maybe she should have and done a better walk around......then she might have noticed her radio antennae wire was broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

Amelia E I believe?

from her letter to her husband, my guess is no!
                    Oh I'm so dumb....
                    TU.

Comment

• Good morning everyone. I don't know if this is where I should post this so if not KPRO can remove it. I have an urgent prayer request. My youngest daughter is going to have emergency surgery today to have her gall bladder removed. If those of you who believe in the power of prayer would pray for her I would be so very greatful. I hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Duster View Post
                        Good morning everyone. I don't know if this is where I should post this so if not KPRO can remove it. I have an urgent prayer request. My youngest daughter is going to have emergency surgery today to have her gall bladder removed. If those of you who believe in the power of prayer would pray for her I would be so very greatful. I hope everyone has a great day!
                        You got it buddy! And if kpro opts to remove it, I'm gone too. Prayers to guide the surgeon's hands and for a swift recovery for your daughter. Those silent words we speak so quietly come from the heart and hold much power. God be with you and your family. She will do fine - just BELIEVE.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I don't know if this is where I should post this so if not KPRO can remove it. I have an urgent prayer request. My youngest daughter is going to have emergency surgery today to have her gall bladder removed. If those of you who believe in the power of prayer would pray for her I would be so very greatful. I hope everyone has a great day!
                          me too!

1f

Comment

You and your family have my love and prayers, Duster. My heart and spirit are yours.

Comment

• Thanks so very much to all of you! They just took her back. I'm just glad she won't have to experience the pain she has been having. GOD IS GOOD!

Comment

Thanks so very much to all of you! They just took her back. I'm just glad she won't have to experience the pain she has been having. GOD IS GOOD!
                                All the time

Comment

Working...
                                X