Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill F. View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	brown mix.PNG Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	137942

Is the "Home" of Brown then a complementary pair ...

Red & Green (Christmas)
    Orange & Blue (Gators)
    Purple and Gold (Lakers) (see Fenn's mention of the purple and yellow flowers)

or since Brown calls home any two complementary colors,
    and many such combinations have to do with water,
    perhaps Fenn is "fishing for complements;"
    or maybe he just wants us all to get along.
    For 400....."red & green, orange & blue, purple & gold."
    Answer - What is Brown?
    You might just have made it to homebase.

Comment

Thinking I might change the name of this thread to:
      ARBOR - TARRY.
      Whatcha all think about that?
      Let's go water some trees.

Comment

"Well, it has been thirty minutes now and I think I'll pass on the question."
        How long is a typical game show?
        Let's play Password.

Comment

What were television and radio's first game shows?
          Let's ask Sally.

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith
            Password is witches brew
            Don't leave out any ingredients or it won't taste right.

Comment

Asked by John Smith on another thread - "What plays poker, lives by the sea?"
              Good one.

Comment

For 600 -
                "Not far, but too far to walk."
                Answer - What is long distance?
                (It's aways down the road)

Comment

Come on guys, dontcha wanna play?
                  I need some competition.

Comment

A riddle and a true story....

One day, long ago, our family was all in the kitchen
                    and we asked our daughter to get us a trashbag from the cabinet.
                    Being a "typical" teenager, she obliged but kept pulling and pulling the bag out of the box;
                    with a huge pile of plastic at her feet, she commented - "Geez, how long are these trashbags?"
                    We were rolling on the floor in laughter and to this day, those words come back to haunt her.
                    And the moral of this story is....?

Riddle - What color was her hair?

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	brown mix.PNG Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	137942

Is the "Home" of Brown then a complementary pair ...

Red & Green (Christmas)
                      Orange & Blue (Gators)
                      Purple and Gold (Lakers) (see Fenn's mention of the purple and yellow flowers)

or since Brown calls home any two complementary colors,
                      and many such combinations have to do with water,
                      perhaps Fenn is "fishing for complements;"
                      or maybe he just wants us all to get along.
                      Speaking of purple and gold, RIP Kobe Bryant. Dead at 41 in a helicopter crash this morning in Calabasas.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Speaking of purple and gold, RIP Kobe Bryant. Dead at 41 in a helicopter crash this morning in Calabasas.
                        you stole the words from my lips. just heard the news minutes ago.
                        it's strange, I spoke Kobe's name just last night in response to a friend
                        asking me if I knew who LeBron had surpassed in all-time scoring.

I don't really follow pro sports these days and never really did get into the NBA,
                        so the fact that Kobe's name instantly popped into my mind says a lot.
                        I don't know much about the man, but he certainly was a champion.
                        My heat goes out to those who loved him. RIP Kobe Bryant.

Comment

you stole the words from my lips. just heard the news minutes ago.
                          it's strange, I spoke Kobe's name just last night in response to a friend
                          asking me if I knew who LeBron had surpassed in all-time scoring.

I don't really follow pro sports these days and never really did get into the NBA,
                          so the fact that Kobe's name instantly popped into my mind says a lot.
                          I don't know much about the man, but he certainly was a champion.
                          My heat goes out to those who loved him. RIP Kobe Bryant.
                          You should retain some of your heat. It's important.

Comment

Yes, Gigi (13) is his second oldest daughter. She's a basketball player herself and they were almost certainly flying to a tournament being held today in Thousand Oaks.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              A riddle and a true story....

One day, long ago, our family was all in the kitchen
                              and we asked our daughter to get us a trashbag from the cabinet.
                              Being a "typical" teenager, she obliged but kept pulling and pulling the bag out of the box;
                              with a huge pile of plastic at her feet, she commented - "Geez, how long are these trashbags?"
                              We were rolling on the floor in laughter and to this day, those words come back to haunt her.
                              And the moral of this story is....?

Riddle - What color was her hair?
                              Up until AOC, I would have said blonde. Not sure now.

Peace,

O.

Comment

A frog‘s daughter shouldn‘t have too much hair... and if so... green? Hmmmmm...
                                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                                X