No announcement yet.

Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my word. My soul has been blessed! Thank you wwwamericana for posting that. I realized yesterday that Easter is coming soon and I won't get to go to the cemetery for the yearly sunrise service (covid's fault) and that there will be no Easter egg hunts for the children. My family watched Guardians of The Galaxy a few days ago and it made me wonder what the children will think when they can't go out and find all the hidden goodies this year. I've also wondered what I could do to help someone else during these trying times. Your video has inspired me so. I may not be able to do anything else but share some food with someone less fortunate than I am (in this case someone who tried to find meat at the grocery store but found the shelfs empty) but every little bit helps. Making someone else smile means so much these days. Maybe in giving the little things we can spread some Easter cheer and show the true love that Easter is all about. Thanks again wwwamericana you have given me a little sunshine today.

Comment

• Turned over a log one time and this is what I saw~
      https://youtu.be/UkSFFlZupRg
      Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
      Righty-O!

Comment

• Life's a ball and at times things sneak up on ya..
        https://youtu.be/sVI0Olskhqk
        Righty-O!

Comment

• A smile for the day......

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patty Whack.
          "Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."
          Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.
          Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.
          The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
          Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
          She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"
          The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

You sang it, didn't you? Yeah, I know y'all did.
          Never take life too seriously.

Comment

• Have anyone but me noticed that this virus thing seems to be affecting people's brains....

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
              Have anyone but me noticed that this virus thing seems to be affecting people's brains....
              Yeah I have. Maybe it's the 5g thingy people keep mentioning. Time for a tin foil hat maybe?

Comment

• A whisper in thought.
                (paraphrasing)
                Google Earth cannot help with the last clue.
                Google Earth doesn't go down far enough to show the chest.
                When you find the last clue look down, because you are where the chest is.
                Standing where the chest is I see trees ... smells ...
                It is an isolated place ...
                Same place where FF would lay to die.
                My church is ...
                ... in there ...
                ... in wood...
                blaze can only be found by following all the clues, after learning WWWH (identified BEFORE leaving home).

Comment

• What is a "virus."

Viruses are considered by some to be a life form, because they carry genetic material, reproduce, and evolve through natural selection, although they lack key characteristics (such as cell structure) that are generally considered necessary to count as life. Because they possess some but not all such qualities, viruses have been described as "organisms at the edge of life", and as replicators.

Safety tip:
                  Stay in the middle of the road y'all and away from the edges.

Comment

• Years ago it was described to me by a telecommunications engineer that Verizon has a network technology unlike other companies, where the encoding actually becomes BETTER with more users (whereas all the other companies' bandwidths develop more vulnerabilities with added users, Verizon develops less). Having spent 15 years 'engineering' The Chase, I wonder if Mr. Fenn could have designed his puzzle in a similar way ... where the more people who join in, discuss, share, the safer his treasure becomes? This would mean TC was the MOST at risk in the beginning, which would jive with the speculative statement that some early searcher came closest to a find.

Why does TC become safer with more added searchers and surplus sharing? (when it seems the opposite might be true)

Well, while "more sharing" entails the spread of more data, wisdom, and creative thought (which tapers the learning curve for new searchers), at the same time what ends up getting shared is the most common type of thinking, which holds more gravity than one might think. "Group Think" is a psych term which applies, but I believe this reality runs deeper into the murky grounds of "consensus trance" -- this realm transcends mere group think, because it not only shapes one's way of thinking, but informs one's way of BELIEVING, the layer beneath thought. While 'thoughts' govern our logic, 'beliefs' dictate our realities (pluralized, because realities can be changed ...).

The above paradox (the 'collective' holding extreme good and extreme evil) is why I approach the online Chase collective much like Odysseus' strategy to hear the Song of the Sirens. If it's something you must know, yet at the same time it could cast an undoffable trance, then the only viable answer is to use rope.
                    Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 03-29-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200329-031241_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.3 KB ID:	149774
                      Good morning!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200329-032154_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	655.9 KB ID:	149776

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200329-031840_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	377.9 KB ID:	149775
                      Righty-O!

Comment

• He's mentioned pies, he's mentioned various other desserts. But has he mentioned a Tart?

Click image for larger version

Name:	consensus tart.PNG
Views:	152
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	149796

Comment

• Going over today to friend spider's pad and talk to him about catching flies.
                          Ya know, it's almost that thyme and a lil fellow's got to eat.
                          He's kinda smart about those things.
                          Hopefully he's just hanging out and not to busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
                            Years ago it was described to me by a telecommunications engineer that Verizon has a network technology unlike other companies, where the encoding actually becomes BETTER with more users (whereas all the other companies' bandwidths develop more vulnerabilities with added users, Verizon develops less). Having spent 15 years 'engineering' The Chase, I wonder if Mr. Fenn could have designed his puzzle in a similar way ... where the more people who join in, discuss, share, the safer his treasure becomes? This would mean TC was the MOST at risk in the beginning, which would jive with the speculative statement that some early searcher came closest to a find.

Why does TC become safer with more added searchers and surplus sharing? (when it seems the opposite might be true)

Well, while "more sharing" entails the spread of more data, wisdom, and creative thought (which tapers the learning curve for new searchers), at the same time what ends up getting shared is the most common type of thinking, which holds more gravity than one might think. "Group Think" is a psych term which applies, but I believe this reality runs deeper into the murky grounds of "consensus trance" -- this realm transcends mere group think, because it not only shapes one's way of thinking, but informs one's way of BELIEVING, the layer beneath thought. While 'thoughts' govern our logic, 'beliefs' dictate our realities (pluralized, because realities can be changed ...).

The above paradox (the 'collective' holding extreme good and extreme evil) is why I approach the online Chase collective much like Odysseus' strategy to hear the Song of the Sirens. If it's something you must know, yet at the same time it could cast an undoffable trance, then the only viable answer is to use rope.
                            Yes, over time it gets more difficult for the masses. Forrest has groomed their thought patterns with his slippery answers that people use to cement their thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quest View Post

Yes, over time it gets more difficult for the masses. Forrest has groomed their thought patterns with his slippery answers that people use to cement their thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduHQUwPWD0

Peace,

Orion

Name:	TimeFenn.3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	149854

Comment

• A brain-teaser if y'all are getting bored.
                                I ain't got the answers, don't ask.

Name:	brain teaser.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	150126

Comment

Working...
                                X