No announcement yet.

Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those are pretty wise thoughts coming from someone who eats flies (fries).

The situation we find ourselves in is like having a disaster like Hurricane Katrina in every city in our nation. Unfortunately, though, the hurricane is still approaching and hasn't made land yet. It is a pending crisis of epic (biblical) proportions. Without the development of a vaccine, nearly everyone living in a metropolitan area will have contracted Covid19 within the next twelve months. The peak of the crisis will be in 6-8 weeks and thereafter gradually subside as the populace becomes immune. Your best bet is to become infected with as small of a dose as possible, giving your body the best chance in the race to develop immunity. That may be like eating a fly who landed on a contaminated surface and has 8 virus particles on their feet. Personally, I would prefer a live oral vaccine to give myself the best chance. My nightmare is being in the same room with an infected person coughing and sneezing.

Government and politicians are not the solutions. Democrats will blame Republicans and vice versa haggling over what to do, throwing money at the voting populace in an attempt to appease them. Presidents and Senators that become ill will have the very best health care, even ahead of a young mother of three. (Rationing of services is about to become a reality) The bulk of a hospital's revenue is derived from medicare, who purposely reimburses them at a rate of 97% of the true cost, requiring the hospitals to ever search for efficiency. That means there are no extra doctors, nurses, hospital beds or ventilators when a pandemic hits. (Have you ever seen your senator pumping their own gas?) The stark reality is that for the most part, we are on our own, much like in Katrina.

Adding 6 or 8 trillion to the national debt of 22 trillion by printing money out of thin air, really means that your savings, retirement, your house, and investments will now be worth (26/22 minus 22/22) 18% less. (More money for everyone with the same amount of services) The price of the treasure chest (gold) should rise by the same amount. Those politicians2 in Washington should pass a law that our debts can only be paid with dollars and never hard assets like gold. In that way, the debt (1.5 trillion) that we owe China has effectively been reduced by 18% or $ 2,700,000,000,000. It seems fair to me. It's not like we can sue China for pain and suffering their government caused the world.
    1f

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You said: And perhaps, God willing, we will all get thru this together.
      We WON'T "all get thru this together" (if by "get thru" you mean survive).
      But that'll of course be a manifestation of God's will. Yup.
      This is why I like spaghetti and meatballs. It's quite predictable, and hasn't yet disappointed me. Are you ready to vent some more?
      Ole P - are those frozen store-bought meatballs or homemade ones?
      Yum......everything tastes like pineapple upside-down cake to me.

Comment

• Sherif Billy -
        Don't feel like I'm Ben Wise, maybe more like Poor Richard.
        Eatin flies? Next best thing to a live vaccine.
        The hurricane is still off-shore but will be making landfall soon.
        Maybe it will change course, if we are lucky.

Comment

• Alot of Beauty still out there -
          just outside your window.
          Go take a walk and relish in it.
          Me - I'm thinking about going down the hill and doing a little fishin.

Comment

• Just a little bit of "my family" sharing with all of ya.
            Enjoy and please pass it on.
            https://youtu.be/tBi6UVQAQgw

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
              Just a little bit of "my family" sharing with all of ya.
              Enjoy and please pass it on.
              https://youtu.be/tBi6UVQAQgw
              Thank you for sharing!
              Cool family.
              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
              Righty-O!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                Those are pretty wise thoughts coming from someone who eats flies (fries).

The situation we find ourselves in is like having a disaster like Hurricane Katrina in every city in our nation. Unfortunately, though, the hurricane is still approaching and hasn't made land yet. It is a pending crisis of epic (biblical) proportions. Without the development of a vaccine, nearly everyone living in a metropolitan area will have contracted Covid19 within the next twelve months. The peak of the crisis will be in 6-8 weeks and thereafter gradually subside as the populace becomes immune. Your best bet is to become infected with as small of a dose as possible, giving your body the best chance in the race to develop immunity. That may be like eating a fly who landed on a contaminated surface and has 8 virus particles on their feet. Personally, I would prefer a live oral vaccine to give myself the best chance. My nightmare is being in the same room with an infected person coughing and sneezing.

Government and politicians are not the solutions. Democrats will blame Republicans and vice versa haggling over what to do, throwing money at the voting populace in an attempt to appease them. Presidents and Senators that become ill will have the very best health care, even ahead of a young mother of three. (Rationing of services is about to become a reality) The bulk of a hospital's revenue is derived from medicare, who purposely reimburses them at a rate of 97% of the true cost, requiring the hospitals to ever search for efficiency. That means there are no extra doctors, nurses, hospital beds or ventilators when a pandemic hits. (Have you ever seen your senator pumping their own gas?) The stark reality is that for the most part, we are on our own, much like in Katrina.

Adding 6 or 8 trillion to the national debt of 22 trillion by printing money out of thin air, really means that your savings, retirement, your house, and investments will now be worth (26/22 minus 22/22) 18% less. (More money for everyone with the same amount of services) The price of the treasure chest (gold) should rise by the same amount. Those politicians2 in Washington should pass a law that our debts can only be paid with dollars and never hard assets like gold. In that way, the debt (1.5 trillion) that we owe China has effectively been reduced by 18% or $ 2,700,000,000,000. It seems fair to me. It's not like we can sue China for pain and suffering their government caused the world.
                1f
                They could print as much money as they wanted to out of thin air if they just were not stupid and borrow the money. Our government officials are truly idiots

Comment

• Hey wwwamericana what kind of fly are you gonna use?

Comment

• Originally posted by Duster View Post
                    Hey wwwamericana what kind of fly are you gonna use?
                    Just a little jig and minnow.
                    Crappie are biting.
                    I'll ask em what they are in the mood for.

Comment

• I've been thinking lately about the crescent moon at the end of the book and the pillars on the top of the box. Found these interesting ~

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-105239_Chrome.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	628.8 KB
ID:	149342

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-114124_Chrome.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	149341
                      Righty-O!

Comment

• Fenn says kids have an advantage.
                        Is that kids as in children?
                        Kids as in goats?
                        Kids as in outlaws?
                        Maybe he was joking....

Comment

• After reading the poem, the first question you ask yourself is "where is there?"
                          And if you are to begin the solve with - "where warm waters halt,"
                          then does that not take you back to the question of "where is there?"
                          So if this was a riddle, what could "there" be and is it not the first clue?
                          Am I talking in circles?

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            After reading the poem, the first question you ask yourself is "where is there?"
                            And if you are to begin the solve with - "where warm waters halt,"
                            then does that not take you back to the question of "where is there?"
                            So if this was a riddle, what could "there" be and is it not the first clue?
                            Am I talking in circles?
                            lol, wherever "there" is is probably no where near here. .. but a bet, there's pineapple pies, flutterbies, and caps with flagondries.

Name:	Screenshot_20200324-115414_Google.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	651.2 KB
ID:	149429

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-222038_Google.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	920.7 KB
ID:	149430

May be hard to believe but jar-heads once came with can-openers.
                            Righty-O!

Comment

• Today's heroes....
                              https://youtu.be/r5Sx-pB2YI4

Comment

• Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post

lol, wherever "there" is is probably no where near here. .. but a bet, there's pineapple pies, flutterbies, and caps with flagondries.

Name:	Screenshot_20200324-115414_Google.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	651.2 KB
ID:	149429

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-222038_Google.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	920.7 KB
ID:	149430

May be hard to believe but jar-heads once came with can-openers.
                                Preservation - reservation - observation....and that's what it's all about.
                                Sounds like the "hokey-pokey," don't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X