Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tim (ZosoRocks) View Post
    I guess I misunderstood you then.

My apologies... maybe that is because the post didn't refer to "22" except in numbers of the passage.

Hmm.

No worries.....I'll stand corrected.....thank you....but I am still not sure on why you think it was pertinent to include it?

Best regards,
    Tim
    Post 4501

Comment

• Uhm...nothing there either.....about "22"...

- https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...874#post455874

"Maybe Forrest planned a hatch while hatching a plan..."

Okay. It appears I am not following you...nor you following me...we'll just call it a honorable truce......lol.....

Be safe OB.
      Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

What "should have been" by quality of "not having been" is already off the table. I think everyone alive already has enough of this backwards coulda woulda shoulda regretta, nothing to do aboutta, so... WHAT THEN?
        All of us found enjoyment (I hope) in F's marvelous Treasure Hunt.
        If someone got out into nature for the first time in their life and didn't have fun, well, they need to figure out Why the nature part wasn't fun, then try again with an unclouded, open mind- to persevere for peace, but this time maybe with expert outdoor guide advice.
        Sorry to be blunt Knowledge, but whatever conversation(s) you had directly with F were meant for You and not for anyone else. Believe in You and what You know to be fact- and stop caring bout what other folk think or believe.
        Unless you fancy yourself a prophet, in which case, I will never impede- carry on with strong message. Our world honestly needs more leaders who are willing to help others, stand up for what's right, and honest, sheltering to those without shelter.
        Please stop caring whether Thor blog fellow soldiers believe your specific experience or solve, or assume that by having their own personal solves that they are somehow hurting your experience.

ALL fellow Thor blog treasure seekers have this in common: We believe in possibility. We understand difficulty, hardship, perseverance, grit. We understand kindness, empathy, higher roads, and simpler modes. We want the yesteryear cobblestones because we never had to construct cobblestones.
        We anticipate 20+ 'glass onion' layers in every stained glass window.
        Looking for trouble, we immediately spot and innocuously neutralize the problems that 'could've been' but never even had a lift to the table. Taking each day with as much grace as can be mustered, knowing yesterdays are almost always less than.

Attempting to tempt fate into 'one more hopeful' at the end of all the hopefuls- but seeing a faint light on the horizon- spiney spider sense- instinctively gonna be brighter than almost all the others prior....so bright up in your face that 9/10ths of your friends gonna be snow blind.

The world needs people like you- empathetic and kind- and with the foresight to own snow goggles. Protectors and leaders who can speak the truth- not about puzzles or gold or who's right according to so and so or blah blah, but about saving lives and making decisions without other people's "legacies" or whatever in the way. Imagine a time where there is no time. We could each be consecutively each other making our wrong 'solves' out in the middle of nowhere. Your wrong solve is the same type as mine- just different miles apart walked for hundreds of thousands of miles in different shoes.
        I read this and said wow. Rose, maybe this is the Thrill of the Chase. Finding the few that are a diminishing breed. I'm not sure anymore but you got my hopes up, even if for a brief moment.

Comment

• Maybe the key that was in the chest is for wedlock

Comment

• I almost forgot, September 25th is National Roadkill Day! Enjoy your steak.

Comment

• That was exceptionally well put Rose Livingstone.

I heard that this board might be slowing to a halt. I haven’t been able to log in as much as usual lately, which I regret. However, knowing that we aren’t guaranteed each others’ company forever, I wanted to say that I will miss all of you if and when that day comes.

I came across the song “Lost Boy” awhile back and it very much reflected the way I’ve often felt— since I could remember. That said, this board, and a few friends I met along the “trail” helped me understand that, though I still mostly walk by myself, I do not walk alone.

This community helped me believe in magic again, and for that I will always be grateful. But, this is not a eulogy for the community, the chase, or the search. I just wanted to take a minute, sit down by the trail, have a sip and feel the breeze. The trail goes on, and I intend to follow it. Maybe you’ll come, too.

Rose said it best— and her post also made me think about who “we” are here. It reminded me of King’s the Dark Tower- Wizard and Glass. During the dark time in that story Roland forever regretted not picking up the Horn of Eld after his friends were killed. Of course it was understandable that he didn’t, given the circumstances. He later lamented that it would’ve been the work of a few seconds to pick it up, but during the death and violence, he passed it by.

I think all of us here are in Roland’s ka-tet. I think we are the kind of folks who would stop to pick up that horn. We share a reverence for the timeless and enduring, beyond money and status and material things. Most of all, we know that Roland’s gun was just a trifle when compared with the power of the Rose’s hope and persistence. In the end, it’s about he(art); and without a word, Patrick Danville did what no one else thought possible. He believed, imagined, and drew his dreams into existence.

It seems the stroke of the pen and brush, whose humble labor makes love as tangible as a crisp apple, is a divine gift. Perhaps it is a reminder of where we come from, packed in a brown paper sack and sealed with universal love like a galactic school lunch. Perhaps it is a reminder of who we are, and our place in that place where we’ll one day return.

Though we’re separated for now by wind and whim, and blown to the far corners of time and space, we all carry with us a few grains of that same sparkle dust. We sail; we fall; we fail; we crawl. But on the way we sing a song, slightly offbeat and out of tune, but set firmly in the key of love. And I believe that someone, somewhere, hears our hayseed chorus, not as it sounds, but rather as our hearts wrote the notes, and scribbles them down in some worn old hymnal. One day, while standing in the warmth of lux nova, we’ll hear those notes again, faintly rising, our own song, this time sung reverently for us.

I know that song will sound like the wind through October Aspens.

Comment

• Tell me would or could anyone in the know having solved the poem watched this show? walked this path, look in the mirror and tell the truth, what would you have done?

Comment

• WHO IS OLD PILOT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
                    I almost forgot, September 25th is National Roadkill Day! Enjoy your steak.
                    Yum, yum. Today we'll have left overs. And if there's any left tomorrow, we'll have right overs.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                      WHO IS OLD PILOT?
                      The wind blew open the curtain on that one, didn't it?

Comment

• Old pilot is probably a Jesuit in wolfs clothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzy View Post

The wind blew open the curtain on that one, didn't it?
                          As I marvel gaze through the window, I do not see anyone sending me a tarry scant file. I thought it was all for one and one for all. Forrest stopped speaking to me from the great beyond so I need to do my own research again. You never know it might make the next BOTG a peppermint dance party

Comment

• It's always been a pirate's tale....

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              It's always been a pirate's tale....
                              And how many have been looking through rose-colored glasses there are some things even knowledge needs imagination for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

And how many have been looking through rose-colored glasses there are some things even knowledge needs imagination for.
                                Trust me, no one wants to look through rose colored glasses. Just, don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X