Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

I do not want to say goodbye to you friend, I am just getting to learn how to jump.
    Then you can finally get up awn that ledge.

Comment

• Let's remember this day and Imagine Forrest in Heaven...

https://youtu.be/m_MaJDK3VNE

Comment

• "My shadow ain't cast by no fool." -f

Click image for larger version

Name:	istockphoto-485216014-640x640.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	451950

Comment

• Salut! Forrest, you have all my respect!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	F4570375-31AB-498B-8F7B-A2B98995D0DE.png
Views:	274
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	452697 Ob

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pilot

Yes. David's aim was perfect when he threw a stone at Goliath, hitting him the knee. When Goliath bent over in pain, David rushed forward and cut off Goliath's head. Being 81" tall wasn't such a fortunate thing -- for everyone of that height -- in those days.
              That reminds me of they elderly lady in the Emergency room with a gun shot wound to the left knee. When she was questioned how she got shot, she admitted she shot herself. Then asked why she shot herself in the knee, she stated she was trying to commit suicide. Now totally confused, the E.D. doctor asked why she had aimed the gun at her knee. Well then she went on to explain she had planned to shoot herself through the heart but didn't know precisely where her heart was. So she stated she consulted an anatomy book at the library which stated the heart was two finger breaths below the left nipple. Well..she aimed and pulled the trigger....and that was that.
              1f Billy

PS...Would Goliath's injury be a coup or a contro-coup injury? I surmise Goliath had acromegaly and was like Andre the giant. It's harder than you would think to cut ones head off. That dang odontoid process is always in the way...
              Last edited by Sherif Billy; 09-09-2022, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Lol. I love it. That’s some classic Billy

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	9DC6131F-7C83-469F-9191-815538A5D8DC.png Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	453053Ob

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                    Even tho you might not travel too far, there are always lessons to be learned....
                    Maybe Forrest was trying to teach us a lesson about greed, and that greed is not an issue about money, but really an issue about one own's heart. A quote I found:

"In the heart that harbors the weed of selfish greed, the flower of love cannot survive." R Swami

But.....would a greedy person be more likely to find Forrest's treasure, or less likely??? It may depend on what Forrest's definition of 'treasure' was.

For me, I began my journey with this hunt for my own selfish reasons. It was to find that TC, and also be the one and only solver of this poem. Now.....I'm not so sure anymore that those are my reasons (especially if the chest is not there anymore lol) in finding out the solve. Over time, I have become less and less greedy, and more thankful I was a part of this hunt.

Forrest has said that the chase was over. If so, my main question now is: Why am I still hanging around here in this "Chase"????!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Maybe Forrest was trying to teach us a lesson about greed, and that greed is not an issue about money, but really an issue about one own's heart. A quote I found:

"In the heart that harbors the weed of selfish greed, the flower of love cannot survive." R Swami

But.....would a greedy person be more likely to find Forrest's treasure, or less likely??? It may depend on what Forrest's definition of 'treasure' was.

For me, I began my journey with this hunt for my own selfish reasons. It was to find that TC, and also be the one and only solver of this poem. Now.....I'm not so sure anymore that those are my reasons (especially if the chest is not there anymore lol) in finding out the solve. Over time, I have become less and less greedy, and more thankful I was a part of this hunt.

Forrest has said that the chase was over. If so, my main question now is: Why am I still hanging around here in this "Chase"????!!!!
                      Ditto, Chameleon.

Comment

• We are all just dum I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

I always thought… if you‘re in a hurry, take your time… I adjusted my Chase to this Confucius quote… hoping to not look nor be greedy… but in the end we were searching for a box of gold and it‘s hard to deny that greed was in play! Funny side effect… those telling you you were crazy for searching treasure were the ones putting the biggest pressure on the outcome of your search days!
                          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	B13AA9B9-8078-4176-82EF-323E075D71B3.png Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	453688 Awfully close to the French soldiers grave marker
                            Last edited by Old blue; 09-13-2022, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Probably no need to bring a flashlight. The twinkle in the dark means someone else brought one.

Comment

• I was searching not for gold but for a distraction from the perils of my own mind..... And I found it!
                                ​​​​​​I never expected to find the chest so the fact that it is no longer there means absolutely nothing to me..

Comment

Working...
                                X