Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I agree with lots of things. But your message isn't real clear to me. I'm not convinced the poem is a riddle. And I don't know what "Identity" it is to which you apparently reefer. I said "reefer".
    My brain was thinking "poem" but my fingers were doing their own thing and typed out the word "riddle."
    Never was too good at communication skills.
    With regard to "identity" - might I reefer you to a dictionary?

PS - speaking of dictionaries, I always thot it a bit ironic that if you didn't know how to spell a word - you were refurred to a dictionary to look it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

My brain was thinking "poem" but my fingers were doing their own thing and typed out the word "riddle."
      Never was too good at communication skills.
      With regard to "identity" - might I reefer you to a dictionary?

PS - speaking of dictionaries, I always thot it a bit ironic that if you didn't know how to spell a word - you were refurred to a dictionary to look it up.
      I see it, agree, you are correct.

Comment

• Lol
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post
          Lol

Comment

• All this stuff happening makes my head itch -
            thinkin it's thyme to go ask my friend, Brother Beaver.....

Comment

• I would like to thank everyone for their input over the last year.
              I have learned everything I needed to know, and found more then expected.
              Forrest Fenn would be proud of the many who found his chase and its Thrill.
              One never knows what to expect next, and for some, that is what makes it such fun.

Comment

• July 22nd, 2020
                by Forrest

"Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem.
                Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot.
                Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.
                However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming.
                Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.
                Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.
                To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f"

WHAT WAS HE REALLY SAYING TO US???

Comment

• "We have had small sawmill operations going since the 1930’s. My Father, Tom Old was killed in a plane crash in Alaska in 1977, leaving the ranch to me, David Old to ‘make it or lose it’."
                  source: Old Wood LLC. - Who We Are

Wonder if Shiloh hid a chest for his other grandpa, somewhere in Alaska?

Comment

• The word for today, October 15, is "embellish.".
                    mmmmm - how weird is that.....

Comment

July 22nd, 2020
                      by Forrest

"Many of the searchers for my treasure had solves that seemed to neatly fit the clues in my poem.
                      Then when the finder found and retrieved the treasure, other searchers wondered how close they had been to the right spot.
                      Because I promised the finder I would not reveal who found it or where, I have remained mostly silent.
                      However, the finder understands how important some closure is for many searchers, so today he agreed that we should reveal that the treasure was found in Wyoming.
                      Until he found the treasure, the treasure had not moved in the 10 years since I left it there on the ground, and walked away.
                      Perhaps today’s announcement will bring some closure to those whose solves were in New Mexico, Colorado, or Montana.
                      To all of those who did not find the treasure, we hope that you got some enjoyment from the chase. f"

WHAT WAS HE REALLY SAYING TO US???
                      Thanks for posting of this statement, Ffroggie. I'm not sure what he was saying, there, but there's quite a bit if misdirection included.
                      I have to assume ,in a way , he was trying to say ,'it's OK to be a liar', if you regard yourself highly enough !

Comment

• I reread that message from Forrest. What was IT that he left on the ground and walked away from? You think he looked back? And his words that "it hadn't moved in 10 years" makes you wonder if he expected it to move or if it had in an earlier time....

Comment

You think he looked back?
                          I’d like to think his head was on straight when he left it.

Comment

• One, two, three... there's so much to see.
                            Green, blue, red... when's it time for bed?
                            White and black,
                            Are you coming back?

Comment

• four five six... Fenn sucks *
                              yellow black mauve... * his trove
                              hunter orange
                              Slam the door hinge

Comment

• I shat out Teddy furds after breakfast. Like a stalk... or 2 beer cans and a horn.

Comment

Working...
                                X