No announcement yet.

Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHSharp Patty? And thanks. Seeing if there's any interest in this and a few other locations I have...

Comment

• Originally posted by THunter View Post
      JHSharp Patty? And thanks. Seeing if there's any interest in this and a few other locations I have...
      "Patty?"

Perhaps autocomplete in play...may have meant "pretty" or "purrty" (something like that). Perhaps a Patty in contacts.

Just conjectured word play on my part.

Peace,

O.

Comment

• Lol. True that. Thanks (I thought maybe he meant peggy lol)

Comment

• So tell me please...
          Where did the thread "How Will You Know" go?
          POOF! and it was gone.
          And who started it?
          Last edited by wwwamericana; 02-25-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
            So tell me please...
            Where did the thread "How Will You Know" go?
            POOF! and it was gone.
            And who started it?
            pastor raises hand. oops I did it again ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkVa-_sd24

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastor Ebenezer Fuzz View Post

pastor raises hand. oops I did it again ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkVa-_sd24
              hopefully the congregation here will forgive you.....

Comment

• THunter sorry! The picture is from the Patterson/Gimlin Film. So the BF world calls her Patty for short!

Comment

• Copied from FF's website (hope that was OK Mr. Fenn):
                  A LIFETIME OF COLLECTING

The urge to collect started for Forrest Fenn at age nine when he found his first arrowhead. It was just lying there in a plowed field on Little Elm Creek in Central Texas, waiting for him to come along. He still claims it is the most treasured object in his collection. "It was a thrill that started me on a long journey of adventure and discovery," he said.

If I was to give that little arrowhead a name, it would have to be, Inspiration Point.

Comment

• That’s a catchy name! I like!

Comment

• Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

Yes, It is sad and was a bad plan. I feel sorry for those closest to him. Certain string theories have us all living on a 2 dimension Brane. Perhaps that is what he sensed and wished to prove. What I can't understand is even if he was the quintessential DIY'r why not build some redundancy in the chute.

(I'll put an asterisk here in the middle - another interesting individual is Lisa Randall, Prof. of Physics at Harvard. Her specialty is dark matter and within that, she talks of dark, dark matter). It is worth listening to her on the tube. There is a great interview of her with Charlie Rose.

I think the universe is much more complex than we understand...yet it is simpler too. It is interesting Orion thought of Gauss... this quote seems to define the chase: " It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment. When I have clarified and exhausted a subject, then I turn away from it, in order to go into darkness again. The never-satisfied man is so strange; if he has completed a structure, then it is not in order to dwell in it peacefully, but in order to begin another. I imagine the world conqueror must feel thus, who, after one kingdom is scarcely conquered, stretches out his arms for others." Wow!

Back to the chase...I am also thinking about the "in the wood meaning" and the underwood typewriter. I think its something Orion said along time ago when I was a mere lurker. Right now its kind of a tongue twister for me .... I think maybe I am zeroing in on something in the poem but can't be sure. There are so many possibilities it seems infinite or like poker with a wildcard. Maybe I will have an epiphany and it will club me in the head.
                      Yes, Gauss.

GAUSS.

G. AU. SS. Gee, Gold (AU) and SS (slippery silver or quicksilver; ie mercury, Hg) Au, atomic number 79 and Hg (ss), atomic number 80.

But, not just Gauss.

Consider Pascal. Blaise Pascal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal

Yes. Blaise Pascal: Pascal's Triangle, Projective Geometry, Probability and his other works and philosophies, about which a certain author wrote in the Introduction to Blaise Pascal's Pensees.

That author? T. S. Eliot.
                      “We shall not cease from exploration
                      And the end of all our exploring
                      Will be to arrive where we started
                      And know the place for the first time.
                      Through the unknown, remembered gate
                      When the last of earth left to discover
                      Is that which was the beginning;
                      At the source of the longest river
                      The voice of the hidden waterfall
                      And the children in the apple-tree
                      Not known, because not looked for
                      But heard, half-heard, in the stillness
                      Between two waves of the sea.”
                      ― T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets

"Never underestimate the power of a quarter."

https://englewoodreview.org/t-s-elio...scals-pensees/

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

p.s. A special "Thank you", again, to wwwamericana, for the opportunity to reflect arbitrarily.

Comment

• Do y'all ever find yourself with a "perfect solve" and you think "that's great, it works" - and you are sure you will retain that thot and how you arrived there.
                        AND THEN - five minutes later, you can't remember what it was cuz your mind was busy going down different streets of thots.

I am SO READY for the warm water to halt.
                        Somebody PLEASE turn it off and let me soak in the tub for a while.

Comment

• I had always thot that "with marvel gaze" meant looking at something in awe;
                          could it perhaps mean looking at something with a a comic look - something funny?
                          Just some arbitrary thots.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/ITCqAmEy7eA
                            Awesome video from Yellowstone.
                            The Call of the Wild.

Comment

• I'm thinkin some global implications.
                              Time for a sweet treat.
                              It's a bit thick tho.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWzngLl05Mg
                                “global wide”