Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a t?

but I’m not a poem Puritan. Probably more like a heretic.

Comment

• Interesting tidbit I came across.....
      SKY: The vault-like apparent surface against which all aerial objects are seen from the earth.
      Didn't DP say he had seen the TC in the vault?
      hmmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
        Interesting tidbit I came across.....
        SKY: The vault-like apparent surface against which all aerial objects are seen from the earth.
        Didn't DP say he had seen the TC in the vault?
        hmmmmmmm
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedunderdog_LI.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	142774
        Attached Files

Comment

You gonna stick to the poem and tell me where warm waters halt.
          Do not go outside the boundaries of the poem.
          Oh, I misunderstood. At the end of 5th line? At the top of the second stanza? At a period?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Oh, I misunderstood. At the end of 5th line? At the top of the second stanza? At a period?
            If that is an instruction,
            where else in the poem might warm waters be?

Comment

• Originally posted by chesttroll View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedunderdog_LI.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	142774
              Love it!

Comment

• John Wallis is influencing my solve now. He's in the middle of my thoughts but closest to my start.

Comment

• Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post
                  John Wallis is influencing my solve now. He's in the middle of my thoughts but closest to my start.
                  oh geez - thank you, Atticus!
                  Just figured me out a possible answer to "tarry scant with marvel gaze."
                  Calculus is such a useful subject.
                  But OMG it was so hard to pass.
                  I aced it tho.
                  Big, bright smile to you sir.

Comment

Just thot there might be a need to have a place for all to reflect a bit and share.
                    So blaze your own path y'all and definitely don't listen to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	44365864-question-mark-review.jpg Views:	1929 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	137246
                    Remembering Carl Friedrich Gauss,
                    Born: April 20, 1777
                    Died: February 23, 1855 (aged 77)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss

Gauss was a child prodigy. In his memorial on Gauss, Wolfgang Sartorius von Waltershausen says that when Gauss was barely three years old he corrected a math error his father made; and that when he was seven, he confidently solved an arithmetic series problem faster than anyone else in his class of 100 students.[9] Many versions of this story have been retold since that time with various details regarding what the series was – the most frequent being the classical problem of adding all the integers from 1 to 100.[

"...Gauss usually declined to present the intuition behind his often very elegant proofs—he preferred them to appear "out of thin air" and erased all traces of how he discovered them.[citation needed] This is justified, if unsatisfactorily, by Gauss in his Disquisitiones Arithmeticae, where he states that all analysis (i.e., the paths one traveled to reach the solution of a problem) must be suppressed for sake of brevity..."

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

• Orion -
                      I find that he left much more for us than his mathematical skills.
                      Quite a legacy that transcended beyond his time.

Oh and it appears he was born on the 30th of April - which doesn't really matter.
                      What matters is that he was born.

Comment

• Here's a guy that was a man of action. They say us Fenn'rs are crazy. Maybe he just couldn't put his finger on it...2 dimensional brane theory and we are all living on a p-brane...some more than others!
                        https://ktla.com/2020/02/22/man-kill...rt-in-barstow/

Comment

Here's a guy that was a man of action. They say us Fenn'rs are crazy. Maybe he just couldn't put his finger on it...2 dimensional brane theory and we are all living on a p-brane...some more than others!
                          Well, at least he tried.
                          Unfortunately, fate was not on his side.
                          Sad.

Comment

• I think it is high times to take stock of what Forrest is really trying to say -
                            that is if we can hear him.

Comment

Here's a guy that was a man of action. They say us Fenn'rs are crazy. Maybe he just couldn't put his finger on it...2 dimensional brane theory and we are all living on a p-brane...some more than others!
                              That thing was steam powered?! That was hard to watch. I’ll raise a glass to garage builders any day- but this was a bad plan if he didn’t have a death wish.

Comment

Orion -
                                I find that he left much more for us than his mathematical skills.
                                Quite a legacy that transcended beyond his time.

Oh and it appears he was born on the 30th of April - which doesn't really matter.
                                What matters is that he was born.
                                Yes, 4/30....I had been reading posts of several others, including 5 Leaf Blaze...may have taken me down another path, ironically.

Regards,

O.

Comment

Working...
                                X