No announcement yet.

Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try looking under Northern Mockingbird...

Just thinking, Eric Sloane his original last name was
    Hinrichs... what's the name of this forum again?

Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
    Righty-O!

Comment

• Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
      Try looking under Northern Mockingbird...

woah. nice dig sir.

Comment

Try looking under Northern Mockingbird...

Oh I found him.
        Thanks a bunch friend.
        Seems a bit aggressive - chasing away all my other birds.
        Here's another pic of one too.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	mockingbird.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	140868

Comment

• Yes they can be territorial. Will even chase off larger birds like hawks and crows. Young males may sing at 3am looking for a mate. Sometimes will attack their own reflection, like the mirror on your car. But they seem to love the company of people. Reminds me of the magpie story...
          Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
          Righty-O!

Comment

Yes they can be territorial. Will even chase off larger birds like hawks and crows. Young males may sing at 3am looking for a mate. Sometimes will attack their own reflection, like the mirror on your car. But they seem to love the company of people. Reminds me of the magpie story...
            "The endless blue sky was not ours to give, it was always hers by right."
            Love this line in the story.

Comment

• Dang it's always the same ole, same ole stuff.
              Maybe we could talk about world hunger or something important.
              Please Mr. Fenn.......give us a new topic to discuss.
              Maybe even about your adventures up in the Dakota's.
              I like pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                Dang it's always the same ole, same ole stuff.
                Maybe we could talk about world hunger or something important.
                Please Mr. Fenn.......give us a new topic to discuss.
                Maybe even about your adventures up in the Dakota's.
                I like pictures.
                OK, Why is there world hunger ?

Comment

• There are substantive Chase discussions taking place on Jenny's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                    There are substantive Chase discussions taking place on Jenny's.
                    Thanks Zap.
                    You are a dear.

Comment

• WWWA: blogs go through their lulls, and this one is not immune. Jenny's and Dal's do, too. No one here in the last couple days is interested in tackling the poem, and there's nothing wrong with that: it's the wintertime doldrums. And wintertime is immediately followed by the spring of discontent when everyone's brilliant wintertime "solves" are crushed by BOTG reality. Searchers should rejoice during this annual, relatively brief period when their solutions are theoretically viable and hope peaks.

Comment

WWWA: blogs go through their lulls, and this one is not immune. Jenny's and Dal's do, too. No one here in the last couple days is interested in tackling the poem, and there's nothing wrong with that: it's the wintertime doldrums. And wintertime is immediately followed by the spring of discontent when everyone's brilliant wintertime "solves" are crushed by BOTG reality. Searchers should rejoice during this annual, relatively brief period when their solutions are theoretically viable and hope peaks.
                        I must have missed your poem tackling these last few days. What threads did you start ?

Comment

• Quest: I have started many threads here in the last two years. People are more interested in stupid Chase songs, so that is a deterrent for me to further waste my time.

Comment

Quest: I have started many threads here in the last two years. People are more interested in stupid Chase songs, so that is a deterrent for me to further waste my time.
                            I asked about days ago not years ago. You know, the timeframes you were whining about.

Comment

• Quest: okay then, how 'bout this? I'll pass the torch to you since you apparently have the pulse of the board, and I'll "Bye bye sugar pie" myself. TTFN folks and best of luck.

Comment

• Life is so short in the big picture and time goes by so fast -
                                appreciate those special moments y'all and grab those bananas.
                                Avoid the green ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X