Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arbitrary Reflections

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I enjoyed seeing Kirk Douglas and Vincent Price in movies. But I don't talk to folks who are no longer alive (or to the trees).

    Comment


    • LOL, there's a tree I've been talking to until I considered him a friend! Then I started cuddling and petting his bark until… well… let's say… I now consider him a very good friend!
      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
      G. C. Lichtenberg

      Comment


      • Nothing wrong with talking to trees.
        They always listen and sometimes even talk back.
        https://youtu.be/nn8YubD01sk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
          Nothing wrong with talking to trees.
          They always listen and sometimes even talk back.
          https://youtu.be/nn8YubD01sk
          He's a little pitchy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by willynilly
            You can talk to the trees if you want,
            What would you do if they started responding though?

            https://youtu.be/51Gt2gS2Hww
            If all of them were talking you'd think you are quano crazy.

            Comment


            • Y'all think Forrest plays chess?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                Y'all think Forrest plays chess?
                Probably pretty good at it. I think he plans some moves 10 years early.

                Comment


                • Interesting article discussing "pine tar" and "baseball."
                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...onth/41211857/https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...onth/41211857/

                  Comment


                  • Just one more story please..........
                    then I'll go to bed.
                    https://www.storyjumper.com/book/ind...l-of-the-Chase

                    Goodnight Charlie.


                    Comment


                    • Ya know, I been thinkin bout those two roads (Frost)....
                      maybe there are three roads - his road, my road, and yah all's road. Which way do we go?

                      Comment


                      • Yep - that's what I thot.

                        Comment


                        • Thot I saw a mocking jay at my feeder this morning
                          but it is snowing pretty heavy
                          so just can't be sure.
                          Wonder what they eat?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            Thot I saw a mocking jay at my feeder this morning
                            but it is snowing pretty heavy
                            so just can't be sure.
                            Wonder what they eat?
                            They are wonderful birds and like being around people. Believe they like most seeds and bugs. But an occasional French fry may start a friendship. When they sing you can get an idea of what other birds are in there area.
                            Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

                            Comment


                            • Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200212-121737_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.8 KB ID:	140854
                              Most of the time you can spot one because of the large white spots on their wings when flying. Which reminds me of this little nugget of a map~

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200212-094347_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	823.8 KB ID:	140852
                              Subsequently somehow lead me to this

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200212-114911_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	328.8 KB ID:	140851
                              Some connections are quite amazing.
                              Last edited by Castellaw1685; 02-12-2020, 11:20 AM.
                              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                                Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200212-121737_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.8 KB ID:	140854
                                Most of the time you can spot one because of the large white spots on their wings when flying. Which reminds me of this little nugget of a map~

                                Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200212-094347_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	823.8 KB ID:	140852
                                Subsequently somehow lead me to this

                                Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200212-114911_Google.jpg Views:	0 Size:	328.8 KB ID:	140851
                                Some connections are quite amazing.
                                Yes most definitely - about the connections, I mean.
                                Can't find a pic of those birds in my "Birds of North America" book.
                                Maybe he's just swinging by for a quick bite.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X