X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chesttroll
    replied
    Originally posted by ShadowKaster View Post
    The 2020 search season is inching closer and closer and like myself I’m sure many searchers are getting anxious for this years BOTG. Has Forrest’s promise of surprises in 2020 influenced your plans this search season? When will this/these surprises be announced?
    Yes, I did not make any lol.

Leave a comment:

• Redneck Express
    replied
    Yea buddy! May be sumthin, may be nuthin., TBD. C'mon Spring!

Leave a comment:

• ShadowKaster
    replied
    The 2020 search season is inching closer and closer and like myself I’m sure many searchers are getting anxious for this years BOTG. Has Forrest’s promise of surprises in 2020 influenced your plans this search season? When will this/these surprises be announced?

Leave a comment:

• Cowboyrocker
    replied
    No you mix it up, Froggy! MW-q&a was „in my vision it is just a matter of time...“! The one with „There will be surprises...“ was with Cynthia!

Leave a comment:

• wwwamericana
    replied
    He said "a vision" in 2020 - not a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboyrocker
    replied
    He didn‘t say who will be surprised, did he?

Leave a comment:

• ChasingMyTail
    replied
    When I heard this, it made me think about that little treasure chest he wanted to hide within 8.25 of Santa Fe for children to find. To me that seems like a very delightful surprise and he's kind of hinted at the idea already. Maybe first a children's book, then a children's hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Outkast Searcher
    replied
    FF likes definitions...let's look at the definition for surprise.

"an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing."

Would it be unexpected or astonishing for FF to eliminate a search state? I'm not sure...I think most people are leaning towards that.

Would it be unexpected or astonishing for FF to give out a clue? Again, he's done it in the past...not sure that's too surprising.

My guess...he is handing The Chase over to someone else that he trusts and will step away from The Chase completely.

My other guess...he is releasing an entirely knew poem either about the same chest or about a different chest hidden somewhere else that he has collaborated with someone to hide.

Leave a comment:

• Zapster
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

It only makes sense to "eliminate" NM if the treasure isn't there.
    Agreed. The only reason I suggested "eliminating" any state after the Chase is over is that if I was the one who solved it, I wouldn't reveal the solution, but I might be tempted to give a few Forrest-like clues of exclusion. I think there are plenty of searchers who would still be interested in solving it themselves rather than just be handed the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Zapster View Post

New Mexico: to get rid of the A-holes who show up at his property with an axe. If *I* am the one who figures it out and retrieves the treasure, I will eliminate NM at the first opportunity if only for his family's peace of mind. They've been through enough.
    It only makes sense to "eliminate" NM if the treasure isn't there.

Leave a comment:

• Ed E. Waters
    replied
    Been watching "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" lately -- a good bit of overlap with The Chase IMO.
    Magic, like Treasure Hunting, is not without a bit of Madness ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hvwssdOTYc

Leave a comment:

• Quest
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post
    Someone is going to find it would be my guess
    I will go with that Forrest will say that over the years someone has solved most of the clues.

Leave a comment:

• Vestalpatience
    replied
    I’m thinking a new book with 1 new clue and a sprinkle of hints.

Leave a comment:

• anonymoussearcher
    replied
    Someone is going to find it would be my guess

Leave a comment:

• 1keyword
    replied
    Originally posted by Zapster View Post
    Anna: my reaction would be the same as it would be if it was found in Utah.
    or Alaska? same odds...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X