Important ATF info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important ATF info

What ATF quotes or information provided by Forrest or another searcher do you think contributes significantly to your solution or do you consider yourself a poem purest and disregard most or all ATF info?
    “My Shadow Ain’t Cast by No Fool.” F

What is ATF?
    One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
      What is ATF?
      It’s “After the Fact” and includes any information post Forrest Book TTOTC including scrapbooks, interviews, blog post, or anything else. I’d says it’s debatable if you should also include Forrest two additional memoirs published after TTOTC.

Comment

Every story, every prepared comment, every answer to "softball" questions has Forrest providing hints to the location. Go Chiefs

Comment

Ah! Thank you!

I've said a number of times, Fenn hands out hints like candy; he still does. That obviously doesn't make it any easier, in fact, I'll contend it makes things harder because you have way too much to work with outside of TTOTC....but that ATF stuff, IMO, it's just more of what is in TTOTC.
          One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Poem Centrist here... everything must pass through the poem to get to the chest. There are no shortcuts or ways around the poem.

I'm not a Poem Purest per se, because that infers I don't consider the ATF, I do. I'm all stamped up on those items that require a stamp.

With that said, I enjoy everything Forrest cares to share, but unless I can connect something to the Poem, I don't consider it relevant to the Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post
              Poem Centrist here... everything must pass through the poem to get to the chest. There are no shortcuts or ways around the poem.

I'm not a Poem Purest per se, because that infers I don't consider the ATF, I do. I'm all stamped up on those items that require a stamp.

With that said, I enjoy everything Forrest cares to share, but unless I can connect something to the Poem, I don't consider it relevant to the Chase.
              I concur. I think you’re spot on, LurkerMike.

Comment

That's a great way to say it....I too feel I'm a poem centrist - everything has to pass through the poem.

Comment

Why did Forrest say he didn't specify the year he hid it at 79 or 80 years young in 2009 or 2010 because he didn't want people to check rental car records to get the milage he drove?

Answer: Because he rented cars and vans and drove around to nowhere during that timespan in more than one search state. Some have found at least one of those rental records and guess what that got them? Nothing but a waste of their time.

I believe Forrest did several things like that and continues to do things like that for those who don't, won't, or can't stay focused on the Poem. Why did he and does he do these things? Because that is NOT how he wants his treasure found. And anyone who can't figure that out and get with the program, well he gives them other ways of having fun with the Chase since obviously trying to figure the Poem out is not enough for them.

I absolutely love Forrest Fenn and everything about the man. But I also realize that Forrest himself is probably the largest distraction in the Chase because he is NOT the Poem.

Everything changes in the Chase because the Chase is constantly evolving. Everything that is, except the Poem. The Poem is the one element in the Chase that does not change.

Comment

The Poem is the one element in the Chase that does not change.
                    I dunno, Mike; while I like much of what you have to say, please do remember:

"treasure" became "treasures"
                    trove has become trolls

This poem is beginning to look something like a shape-shifter,
                    and I believe at the stroke of midnight on the decenniversary of the hiding
                    (and only Fenn knows that precise date, sometime this summer presumably)
                    things may really begin to get strange.

I'm pretty sure if Forrest is still reciting this poem in 2023
                    the first few stanzas may sound more like Poe's "The Raven"
                    than what we remember of the original work.

I've even noticed certain happenings with the ink in my printed copy (in the back of TTOTC)
                    and am keeping my eye on that manuscript to see if certain words or letters
                    begin to shift about over time, especially when the book is closed during the late night hours.

(perhaps such inherent poetic morphism was constructed by design
                    so as to guarantee longevity and that only a truly devoted searcher would find TC ...
                    I'm okay with all that -- while some fundamentalists may argue AGAINST evolution
                    simply because they think it contradicts their cherished belief of Creationism,
                    to me, a creation which evolves over time in no way negates or devalues
                    the skills of the creator; rather, it only speaks to a certain predictive prowess
                    and creative sophistication which few seem to possess.)

Quoth Fenn's Haven: Ever Lore ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	raven treasure.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	137004
                    Last edited by Ed E. Waters; 01-20-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Or... The Tell-Tale Heart

Comment

Or... The Tell-Tale Heart
                        I like where your mind's at Mike; and I must say I suspected any man Bold enough
                        to self-title "Lurker" would not shy away from searching in certain dark corners or
                        otherwise foreboding whereabouts ...

just keep a watchful eye on your copy of TTOTC, particularly any 1st edition hardbacks
                        specifically b/w the hours of midnight-2:33 a.m.; I've set up a time/motion-activated surveillance camera
                        pointed directly at my copy in recent months and I can tell you there are no cracked doors or sudden gusts of wind in my
                        rather solidly constructed home of which I am aware to in any way account for some of the bizarre happenings I have seen,
                        particularly in recent months.

I've even considered publishing a YouTube live-stream documenting the matter, but as I don't wish to frighten children ...

Only time will tell ...

(and RE: Tell-Tale Heart, if we can just hold out long enough Fenn may eventually stroll through the streets of SF,
                        cane-in-hand, and even begin somnambulating to his hiding spot, rapping at the location of TC, shouting bizarre proclamations
                        of his innocence -- "This VERY SPOT is NOT where my INDULGENCE is hidden, beneath these VERY BOARDS.")

One can only dream ..
                        Last edited by Ed E. Waters; 01-20-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Funny, I don't ever remember the word "Explosives" being associated with this Federal Organization
                          until recent years -- wouldn't that make it ATF-E??

Click image for larger version

Name:	ATF.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	137015

Contrary to what some have said, or any subtle insinuations in this particular thread,
                          I don't for even a minute believe in any such conspiracy theories flying around the rumor mill.

There may be a J-4th or Fennboree celebration with some family-friendly, safety-minded,
                          well-planned-out pyrotechnics, but I'm quite confident that will be the extent of things.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ed E. Waters; 01-20-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X