No announcement yet.

Isolated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Cynthia’s interview, I think that the only truly new piece of info given out by Forrest was about how the 'location' can receive sunlight for a good part of the day. Since I started searching in 2017, this is the first time that I can remember Forrest having narrowed the search in any way.

But what does this actually rule out? Not much! First, it calls into question what 'location' means to Forrest. He talks about the location being 'isolated', which means that he must be thinking at a larger scale. (It would not have been appropriate to use 'isolated' to describe a precise 12"x12" spot...) The chest itself might never receive sunlight even if it were sitting in plain view, but its general location might still receive lots of sunlight. Very few locations can be ruled out in this way: long steep north-facing slopes (like Davio mentioned), canyon bottoms with very steep narrow walls, dense tropical rainforests, etc.

So, *not* a nothing-burger. But *not* a game-changer, either.

I hope Forrest doesn't give out any more information of this kind. I feel that I need to keep up with what he is saying, but I'd rather he didn't lower the bar for us. I like the challenge as he originally set it.
    Active solves: 1 Abandoned solves: 0 Search state: NM Search trips: 7 Days spent BotG: 29

Comment

How did I miss this?

Comment

How did you not miss it? Imo
        https://youtu.be/k363NPMuw_w
        https://youtu.be/o5-yjO26ih0

Comment

If this isolated treasure in an isolated location is ever going to be found, there must be one who must isolate themselves from the pack.
          -Just don't get eaten along the way please...

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
            What was it the rabbit said......
            Oops gotta go, it's late.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

I don't know, but the dormouse said, "FEED YOUR HEAD, FEED YOUR HEAD."

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by M E H View Post
              I hope Forrest doesn't give out any more information of this kind. I feel that I need to keep up with what he is saying, but I'd rather he didn't lower the bar for us. I like the challenge as he originally set it.
              Finally someone who agrees with me... lol I have noticed that a couple of people are finally coming over to the dark-side of my way of thinking. And I noticed on another forum someone mentioned all the noise in the chase that I talked about in another of my post. Clear your minds and let the chase flow thru you as it was intended.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post
                Not part of the group
                Imagination is more important than knowlege.

Comment

Imagination run a muck sometimes. Got to have a balance between the two. Saw something this week that made me chase Rapunzel.

Comment

It's in a place ppl don't normally go seems like he was reaching a bit, doesn't mean it's not surrounded by places that ppl do go.

Comment

Originally posted by M E H View Post
                      In Cynthia’s interview, I think that the only truly new piece of info given out by Forrest was about how the 'location' can receive sunlight for a good part of the day. Since I started searching in 2017, this is the first time that I can remember Forrest having narrowed the search in any way.

But what does this actually rule out? Not much! First, it calls into question what 'location' means to Forrest. He talks about the location being 'isolated', which means that he must be thinking at a larger scale. (It would not have been appropriate to use 'isolated' to describe a precise 12"x12" spot...) The chest itself might never receive sunlight even if it were sitting in plain view, but its general location might still receive lots of sunlight. Very few locations can be ruled out in this way: long steep north-facing slopes (like Davio mentioned), canyon bottoms with very steep narrow walls, dense tropical rainforests, etc.

So, *not* a nothing-burger. But *not* a game-changer, either.

I agree.

I don't think Forrest should be lowering the bar for searchers.

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

Comment

Lowering the bar?
                        Some of us short people just need a helping hand up so we can reach it.
                        I been out here swinging for a while now and ain't seen nothin yet.
                        But you just wait.....
                        https://youtu.be/g9S93bE06H0

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                          Lowering the bar?
                          Some of us short people just need a helping hand up so we can reach it.
                          I been out here swinging for a while now and ain't seen nothin yet.
                          But you just wait.....
                          https://youtu.be/g9S93bE06H0
                          https://youtu.be/8bfyS-S-IJs

Peace, O.

Comment

It's interesting, this morning as I was thinking about Fenn's most recent comments, I am now considering 'isolated' and 'not where people normally go' (paraphrase, don't have exact wording handy to quote) as applying not only to the location, but also searchers not considering the area - that may be why Fenn asked "what does isolated mean?"....almost a query to himself to be sure that the duality of the word fit nicely with the dual purpose meaning he intended (this is, of course IMO, but I tend to consider most words he uses in the poem have more than one meaning) - that the area itself is 'isolated', but that it's also 'isolated' from consideration by searchers, most aren't looking at it as an option to pursue, for whatever reason.
                            One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post
                              LOL - I knew that was coming.

Comment

Isolated also means identified, e.g. found.
                                "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X