Information is more Important than Knowlege. Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information is more Important than Knowlege. Hmmm

Here are the first clips, the third clip being Forrest saying that Information is more important than Knowledge. https://youtu.be/KQG_0rtVjTg?t=1421

So it seems to be a senior moment, right? It seems like an innocent slip. He gets Cynthia to correct him, but then he says it again. He's 89, its totally understandable.

OR IS IT? Do you really think he doesn't remember that quote that he has made a centerpiece of the chase? Seriously? Go back and listen to it again "I'm glad you asked me that question....."

Is it possible that he had this planned out waiting for someone to ask him the question. When KPRO asked and he understood the question, he lit up a bit and seemed to realize this was his opportunity to give an answer "that went right over everybody's head" and he thinks "its so funny". INFORMATION is more important than knowledge. Poor old Forrest.

I have to say, the more I listen to this clip, the more I think he did this on purpose. He's been waiting to give out the "INFORMATION" hint and this was his opportunity.

So why is information an important hint? Well it does fit what I believe about the poem and an important twist that you must recognize in it. And it involves the meaning of words, one important word in the poem in particular. INFORMATION is really important.

Anybody else feel he did this on purpose?

Information:
    something (such as a message, experimental data, or a picture) which justifies change in a construct (such as a plan or theory) that represents physical or mental experience or another construct

There is your imagination = information
    One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Information is also to inform of something; and inform is to set in order : arrange; no one has given him the clues in the right order - does that ring a bell?

Information and inform, both come from FORM....image, representation

He knows exactly what he's saying and that is no senior moment!
      One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yeah that's good stuff, thanks.

Comment

Fenn is still as sharp as a tack, everything he says is worded a particular way on purpose (unless he doesn't hear the question).

Comment

Wow, you guys rock... I felt like buying an E when I read your interpretations! Thanks for sharing those thoughts!
            „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
            G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Everything seems to be lining up as it should.

Comment

Lining up in formation you mean?
                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                  Everything seems to be lining up as it should.
                  Good one...lining up. Reminds me of the cover of OUAW

Comment

I thought that switch up was interesting too. I think it was just f having fun. He used it in a way that he could explain why he dropped the d from that quote. Maybe he's trying to tell searchers it requires both knowledge and imagination, not too much of one or the other. Some searchers' solutions have so much knowledge and others too much imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingMyTail View Post
                      I thought that switch up was interesting too. I think it was just f having fun. He used it in a way that he could explain why he dropped the d from that quote. Maybe he's trying to tell searchers it requires both knowledge and imagination, not too much of one or the other. Some searchers' solutions have so much knowledge and others too much imagination...
                      I think you are right about both being needed, but I still think a bit more imagination is needed than knowledge. While looking at a map and trying to match clues to a map, it may help immersing yourself in the map, as you would be imagining you actually being in the story. Pretend like you are actually there! Be a pirate on a ship while following the birds in the air, or fly like Peter in a strange new land. Use that imagination of yours and reach higher than you thought possible! Be a kid again!!!

Moody

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

I think you are right about both being needed, but I still think a bit more imagination is needed than knowledge. While looking at a map and trying to match clues to a map, it may help immersing yourself in the map, as you would be imagining you actually being in the story. Pretend like you are actually there! Be a pirate on a ship while following the birds in the air, or fly like Peter in a strange new land. Use that imagination of yours and reach higher than you thought possible! Be a kid again!!!

Moody
                        Just waiting for a good breeze to come along
                        and then watch me soar.........
                        https://youtu.be/0iAzMRKFX3c

Comment

My solve actually knows why "Information is more Important than Knowlege" makes sense. If I have the solve that finds the box, and release the solve, people would first kick themselves, then say they could have figured it out, then later think they wouldn't have figured it out for years more. "Easy" being relative more to Forrest's hindsight in this. People have had 10 years. Not too easy. I have some of this solved, but not without gaps in information.. His little premeditated hints throught the years really started making sense to me more and more. They fit in with so much stuff that I'm really surprised it is still out there.
                          Questing song:
                          The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Yes, sequential !

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/information

Comment

Happy Valentine's day!
                              It is a bittersweet box of chocolates for some and my heart goes out to you..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200107-210216_Google.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	685.0 KB
ID:	141212
                              Just one more thing...
                              What if the correct solve is a grand work of art that goes something like this.
                              You'll see Eric Sloane with a wild headdress he's holding a lampshade that has the canine cartoon ding-a-ling on it. When you turn the picture 90 degrees his head instead looks like a lambs head with rocks in it. You turn it another 90 degrees and it appears to be Felix the cat holding a heart. Another 90 and the head looks like a street lamp. Branching out from that you see the shape of a bomb, a glove that also looks like a rabbit's head, a diamond, an armadillo, an Epsilon, a dragon or gargoyle, a large letter L, and a joker.
                              ​​​​. Looking further out you see a brontosaurus with the head of an oompa loompa, the Queen of Hearts with a card soldier in her hair. Then there's a flaming heart, a ufo beaming up the letters a and B (along with Forrest). A turban wearing tiger head with a large eye, a winking face wearing spectacles who's cupid's bow is also the bow of a pirate ship with a soldier bowing their head and a dog with a bow tie. The ship also looks like an elf riding a sleigh, the sleigh also looks like a hat that belongs to a guy across the river with rocks in his head.
                              ​​​​Where there river takes a turn there's a large horse's head and a crescent moon with a dove. Below that there's a smiley face and the silhouette of a fella wearing a cowboy hat worth a bell above his head and a dog by his side. Off on the outer edges a fellow climbing into a plane, the shape of moses holding his arms up, a prefect triangle, a crow and fox head combined.
                              ​​​​ Along the river's edge looks like someone laying down to shoot a rifle which also looks like the business end of an arrow. Above that a dude with an axe on his shoulder facing down a big frog. Then there's something like an old TV screen and an apple cut in half. Further back a large bears head and a skull and bones... I probably missed a few. Anyway could you believe or picture this? If someone told or showed you such a sight would you believe that it is chase related. Or would you think they had rocks in their head? An overly active imagination that popped 20 thousand lamp bulbs and ding itself into obscurity?

If the light leaves our lives how do we spark it again?
                              Ask an Arch or a Rose I suppose...

X
                              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                              Righty-O!

Comment

Working...
                              X