Information is more Important than Knowlege. Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information is more Important than Knowlege. Hmmm

Here are the first clips, the third clip being Forrest saying that Information is more important than Knowledge. https://youtu.be/KQG_0rtVjTg?t=1421

So it seems to be a senior moment, right? It seems like an innocent slip. He gets Cynthia to correct him, but then he says it again. He's 89, its totally understandable.

OR IS IT? Do you really think he doesn't remember that quote that he has made a centerpiece of the chase? Seriously? Go back and listen to it again "I'm glad you asked me that question....."

Is it possible that he had this planned out waiting for someone to ask him the question. When KPRO asked and he understood the question, he lit up a bit and seemed to realize this was his opportunity to give an answer "that went right over everybody's head" and he thinks "its so funny". INFORMATION is more important than knowledge. Poor old Forrest.

I have to say, the more I listen to this clip, the more I think he did this on purpose. He's been waiting to give out the "INFORMATION" hint and this was his opportunity.

So why is information an important hint? Well it does fit what I believe about the poem and an important twist that you must recognize in it. And it involves the meaning of words, one important word in the poem in particular. INFORMATION is really important.

Anybody else feel he did this on purpose?

Information:
    something (such as a message, experimental data, or a picture) which justifies change in a construct (such as a plan or theory) that represents physical or mental experience or another construct

There is your imagination = information
    One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Information is also to inform of something; and inform is to set in order : arrange; no one has given him the clues in the right order - does that ring a bell?

Information and inform, both come from FORM....image, representation

He knows exactly what he's saying and that is no senior moment!
      One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Yeah that's good stuff, thanks.

Comment

Fenn is still as sharp as a tack, everything he says is worded a particular way on purpose (unless he doesn't hear the question).

Comment

Wow, you guys rock... I felt like buying an E when I read your interpretations! Thanks for sharing those thoughts!

Anti-fun GUS: "not funny!"

Comment

Everything seems to be lining up as it should.

Comment

Lining up in formation you mean?

Anti-fun GUS: "not funny!"

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                  Everything seems to be lining up as it should.
                  Good one...lining up. Reminds me of the cover of OUAW

Comment

Working...
                  X