Meeting Forrest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting Forrest...

I've never met Forrest but I will be traveling out west in two weeks and was planning to return home by way of Santa Fe on the last day of the month. While there, I hope I'll be able to meet Forrest so he can sign my copy of The Thrill of the Chase. I've got signed copies of Too Far to Walk, Once Upon A While (revised edition) and even The Secrets of San Lazaro Pueblo so I would really like to complete my personal collection by having TTOTC signed. It would mean a lot to me.

I did email Forrest earlier this week but haven't heard back. I've read about others who have recently met Forrest (on Dal's site) and that Forrest has replied to others (like RahRah ) so I am wondering, for those who have met Forrest, do you see any reason that Forrest may not want to meet with a fan, if even for a few minutes?

Peace,

Orion

Click image for larger version

Name:	Signatures.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	135753

He will definitely avoid direct contact to the Lead Slug... hmmm?

Anti-fun GUS: "not funny!"

Comment

There are a couple of reasons he may not meet with you, so maybe look to have someone take your book to him for signing rather than try to get him to get out to you?
      One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
        There are a couple of reasons he may not meet with you, so maybe look to have someone take your book to him for signing rather than try to get him to get out to you?
        Yes, I may box it up for Forrest and stop by Collected Works and ask them to hold it until Forrest comes in to sign a few books. That way, he can kill two birds with one stone.

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
          He will definitely avoid direct contact to the Lead Slug... hmmm?
          Thank goodness I'm not the LS.

Maybe Forrest has just been busy with family and other non-Chase related stuff. I tell myself.

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Thank goodness I'm not the LS.

Maybe Forrest has just been busy with family and other non-Chase related stuff. I tell myself.

Peace,

Orion the Hunter
            With your selection of an avatar..... you should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

With your selection of an avatar..... you should be.
              Sometimes avatar is just avatar.

Sometimes.

Peace,

O.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post
                ...do you see any reason that Forrest may not want to meet with a fan, if even for a few minutes?
                I think it has more to do with the sheer number of fans and the reality that Forrest can't meet everyone. Plus, if you are doing well on your solve Forrest wouldn't want to jinx you (imo).
                All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                -Winston Churchill

Comment

I think one thing people forget- not that you are, but Forrest doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post
                    I think one thing people forget- not that you are, but Forrest doesn’t owe anyone anything.
                    That is true.

And, though I asked him if he could do me that favor, I had already asked for two favors in my very first email to him back in 2016 so, I guess, I'm out of favor.

O.

Comment

What I did was purchase another "signed" copy from Collected Works. It gives you a spare and/or you could sell the unsigned copy.
                      "Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted." - Hesketh Pearson

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post
                        What I did was purchase another "signed" copy from Collected Works. It gives you a spare and/or you could sell the unsigned copy.
                        I've thought of getting a second copy and having that one signed but, somehow, it wouldn't hold same meaning, the same value to me; it's owner.

My copy and I have been together a while, been places, shared a lot of moments. Hey, this reminds me of something, I've read before...wait...

....okay, I'm back. Here it is:

"...Then my father sold our '36 Chevy and got a '41 Plymouth instead. I couldn't understand how he could do that to such a faithful car that had been a member of the family like the rest of us. How would you like to be replaced by a newer model?..."

I'll figure something out. I've told myself, 'I've solved harder problems." I have a couple of weeks to work on it before my return trip through Santa Fe.

Thank you,

Orion

Comment

Just wait until you hand him the bracelet.......
                          I'm sure he will sign it at that time.
                          Happy Hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post
                            I also did that and I cherish both.
                            All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                            -Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              Just wait until you hand him the bracelet.......
                              I'm sure he will sign it at that time.
                              Happy Hunting.
                              Thank you, W3A.

I've contemplated that scenario. It just seemed that moment should be it's own.

Peace,

Orion

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featur...-buffalo-bill/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Q&A8.17_BuffaloBill_Remains.2.png
Views:	218
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	135912

Comment

Working...
                              X