Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post
    I’m always excited for new news even if it’s news about new news
    You mean new news about news about new news to come? Well okay... we‘re all on turkey for NEWS... but you shouldn‘t play with those who are on turkey with news by announcing breaking news instead of telling everybody in a calm and empathetic way that you know they‘re on turkey about news but the real news is that there‘s gonna be news soon, which in itself is not a breaking news...

Anti-fun GUS: "not funny!"

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0XUTD7QYcs

Comment

News is a better term than surprise. How about surprising news is coming? But then everyone will speculate endlessly until the news isn't that surprising anymore (unless nobody guessed what it is).

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post
          Top chef. Imo
          https://youtu.be/VFEZOjtrwls

Comment

I think FF saying big surprises are coming IS big news. Is that really something he’s said before?

Agreed on top chef. That’s the reality show coming out. The pasta cook would have to do the show like the old magician’s show- in disguise. But in this version s(he) would have to also hide the ingredients and where he s(he) got them. Basically, just a show where a costumed cook hides the ingredients and their origin, then produces a magical dish which is the right recipe.

There really is an opportunity missed here, though. I think a reality show on the Chase would have been a hit. Perhaps it still could be in arrears, but would have required individuals to have been keeping video diaries.

Comment

Big Sur Prize = treasure in the south

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                I think FF saying big surprises are coming IS big news. Is that really something he’s said before?

Agreed on top chef. That’s the reality show coming out. The pasta cook would have to do the show like the old magician’s show- in disguise. But in this version s(he) would have to also hide the ingredients and where he s(he) got them. Basically, just a show where a costumed cook hides the ingredients and their origin, then produces a magical dish which is the right recipe.

There really is an opportunity missed here, though. I think a reality show on the Chase would have been a hit. Perhaps it still could be in arrears, but would have required individuals to have been keeping video diaries.

Would also require one to reveal their solve/search location. I'd prefer a documentary-style film vs. reality show. Interesting topic to think about though. A mini-series could also be made using dramatic recreations to depict real events with commentary. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, JH! I don't know enough about the industry at the moment to iron out all of the legalities of a reality show surrounding the Chase, but seems messy IMO. Maybe there could be one about "After the Find". I'd love to hear more thoughts on this topic as it's something I've toyed with. One problem I've encountered with this is that Fenn designed this to lead down a VERY deep rabbit hole, one which few people can grasp conceptually. Everyone I've mentioned the idea to goes into a state of denial in an attempt to preserve their ego from the fact they can't comprehend the structure of the clues and evidence I've presented, and I have no desire to work with a team that isn't on board 100% with my solve or approach to solving the poem. I'd also want to get approval from Forrest before seriously pursuing anything.

I'm well aware of the delusional aspect of these thoughts, but having fun with it!
                "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbealy View Post
                  Big Sur Prize = treasure in the south
                  breaking news = FF Slowing Down on Scrapbooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Well View Post

Would also require one to reveal their solve/search location. I'd prefer a documentary-style film vs. reality show. Interesting topic to think about though. A mini-series could also be made using dramatic recreations to depict real events with commentary. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, JH! I don't know enough about the industry at the moment to iron out all of the legalities of a reality show surrounding the Chase, but seems messy IMO. Maybe there could be one about "After the Find". I'd love to hear more thoughts on this topic as it's something I've toyed with. One problem I've encountered with this is that Fenn designed this to lead down a VERY deep rabbit hole, one which few people can grasp conceptually. Everyone I've mentioned the idea to goes into a state of denial in an attempt to preserve their ego from the fact they can't comprehend the structure of the clues and evidence I've presented, and I have no desire to work with a team that isn't on board 100% with my solve or approach to solving the poem. I'd also want to get approval from Forrest before seriously pursuing anything.

I'm well aware of the delusional aspect of these thoughts, but having fun with it!
                    I think after a couple episodes of no one finding it, people would get bored. Tv viewers need more resolution in the end.
                    but if there were lots of easier to find treasures and someone always found it- like The Great Race- and you follow them bickering and finding clues—- but like I said, I’d have to be scripted and someone would have to find something.

Comment

Expedition Unknown did a great show on solving one of the Secret treasure hunts. It appears you have to pay to watch now, but it was free. Here's a teaser:

https://youtu.be/2j2IdokakT4

SPOILERS. The guy apparently called them up before he went to retrieve it. They went through the solve, going clue to clue, which lead them to a former baseball field under construction. it was fun, because you felt like it was live and didn't know how it would resolve. The ending was quite good. Some of the simple clues/hints were revealed and it was interesting to see how simple it seemed when a lot of people had been trying for years to solve it. I'd pay good money to watch the same quality treatment of this hunt.

Comment

What was the BS oops I mean big surprise? Was it that Forrest said there was a big surprise?

Comment

My opinion is that we have made all them rabbit holes for ourselves. Perhaps we should be looking at a mound instead of looking in a hole.

Comment

I think I'm gonna flag me a ride and head west......

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                              I think I'm gonna flag me a ride and head west......
                              I'd join you but sometimes ya gotta straighten up before you can fly right..
                              That and snow.
                              Here's a tidbit before I go. What if...
                              What if going in "confidence" as he said. Was a mini-
                              puzzle that translated something like this.
                              c on f id ence- (see on f's i.d. and see)=
                              Forrest fenn's- identification
                              For rest (santa)fe nn(end)- i(eye) dent(hole) if i(eye) cat i(eye) on

Nah.. but my imagination did make there.

Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                              Righty-O!

Comment

Maybe Forrest is having a midlife crisis and wants to start a new treasure hunt for dummies because nobody can solve it. That might be the sir prize. Makes one wonder what he is up to

Comment

Working...
                                X