Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2 parking lots straight from Forrest!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 2 parking lots straight from Forrest!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccG5KPFBJjI

  • #2
    Strange answers. Almost as strange as the lead searcher answers.

    Comment


    • #3
      Funny listening to this video discussion about “not listening to the blogs”

      Comment


      • #4
        Where are the FF comments? I have trouble navigating these and just don’t have two hours to go through it all. I will if I have to but if anyone knows where, it would be greatly appreciated.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
          Where are the FF comments? I have trouble navigating these and just don’t have two hours to go through it all. I will if I have to but if anyone knows where, it would be greatly appreciated.
          I finally had some time to watch, the clips are fairly close to the beginning - 10-15 minute mark, you can probably scroll the video along the bottom on youtube and find where it starts?

          The cliff notes version:

          Doug Preston was asked about the parking lots, he said basically if his memory served, from 25 years ago, it was the museum of northern Arizona? He then said Fenn corrected him later that the car would be at the Denver museum of natural history

          Fenn was asked same, he said pretty much the same, added that the museum of northern Arizona is in Flagstaff, then said that the parking lot in Arizona isn't relevant to the chase.
          One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh ok thanks!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Preston , paraphrasing what ff said - says his car would be the final clue.. Wouldn't the final clue be the last clue? The ninth clue? If there's only 9 clues. Why would there be a 10th or anything after 9.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                Preston , paraphrasing what ff said - says his car would be the final clue.. Wouldn't the final clue be the last clue? The ninth clue? If there's only 9 clues. Why would there be a 10th or anything after 9.
                That was before Fenn got better and didn't need to go into the mountains to die, the story changed, so the last clue changed.
                One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                • #9
                  I never heard about the last clue changing after his cancer.. Preston first met him in the late 80's. There discussion was in the early 90's. Forrest cancer was in remission . But the prognosis was still not good. The poem was already written. According to Presto. Fenn told him the final Clue would be where his car was. Fenn has not confirmed or denied that statement. Until the the recent dismissal of North Arizona U. being involved. I'm not necessarily saying it is the ninth clue. But Fenn avoided saying it was not the 9th or 10th clue.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I couldn't find any parking lots in the poem

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John Smith View Post
                      I couldn't find any parking lots in the poem
                      Oddly, my approach gives me several possibilities . . .

                      basement (below the home)
                      exhausted (tired and weak)
                      good
                      load
                      place
                      put
                      stop (cease)
                      there
                      tired
                      establish (found)
                      halt
                      house (home)
                      ramp ( start, begin, flame-up/blaze, launch ramp/put in, down, have )
                      https://www.classicthesaurus.com/parking_lot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

                        Oddly, my approach gives me several possibilities . . .

                        basement (below the home)
                        exhausted (tired and weak)
                        good
                        load
                        place
                        put
                        stop (cease)
                        there
                        tired
                        establish (found)
                        halt
                        house (home)
                        ramp ( start, begin, flame-up/blaze, launch ramp/put in, down, have )
                        https://www.classicthesaurus.com/parking_lot
                        Indeed, from that view point. I do think he was trying ti hint at something.....I caught a different vibe than directly poem related with the parking lot comment. Indirectly everything relates to the poem of course.

                        If you got separated from someone in Denver, everyone would meet back at the car at some point and wait if "they" were lost. Or you can run around building to building looking for them and very likely pass them in the night. Pull up a chair where he parked the car and sit a while
                        Last edited by John Smith; 01-09-2020, 11:39 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by John Smith View Post
                          Pull up a chair where he parked the car and sit a while
                          Agreed. Hang out for a little bit. Chill out.
                          pop a squat.
                          https://www.classicthesaurus.com/interlude

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            [QUOTE=ROLL TIDE;n135554]

                            Agreed. Hang out for a little bit. Chill out.
                            pop a squat.

                            10-4. I haven't read any scrapbooks (Don't plan to either), but I have popped a squat in couple of places including Detroit and Denver. Just hung out for a while....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The hint, I believe, is the unique shape of the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. If you're onto the correct solution, it stands out and catches up in your brain when scouting over your search area.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X