Four on 1/6 instead of six on 2/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locolobo View Post

"So one of two things has happened. Either someone has found it and their mad, or the whole thing is a hoax."
    Did Forrest really say that? Has anyone looked at the definitions of mad? These ones grabbed my attention:

- carried away by enthusiasm or desire : extremely or excessively fond of or enthusiastic about something or someone

- marked by wild gaiety and merriment : HILARIOUS of their childhood, of the mad pranks they played

- intensely excited : FRANTIC driving him mad with jealousy

- US, informal : great in quantity, amount, extent, or degree making mad money. Her performance won her mad respect from fans and peers alike, but the media response was tempered at best.

- US informal Great; remarkable.
    ‘I got mad respect for him’
    ‘she had mad skills in the kitchen’
    Last edited by Dampenedmyth; 01-15-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post

Did Forrest really say that? Has anyone looked at the definitions of mad? These ones grabbed my attention:

Several definitions of mad:
      - carried away by enthusiasm or desire : extremely or excessively fond of or enthusiastic about something or someone

- marked by wild gaiety and merriment : HILARIOUS of their childhood, of the mad pranks they played

- intensely excited : FRANTIC driving him mad with jealousy

- US, informal : great in quantity, amount, extent, or degree making mad money. Her performance won her mad respect from fans and peers alike, but the media response was tempered at best.

- US informal Great; remarkable.
      ‘I got mad respect for him’
      ‘she had mad skills in the kitchen’
      Maybe it was a typo and they're mad(e)

Comment

So, can someone please share the link? Audible? Are we sure we know what “it” he is referring to?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I don't watch the shows or youtube clips. I'm sure I'm missing out on current info. Is there somewhere you can view just the Forrest interview parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

He's known it for about a year or more. Do you remember his "gut feeling" announcement? Even the "twist at the end" has been figured out, in my opinion.
            What "twist at the end?". Does Forrest reference such a thing somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post

Sounds like you know more than you are tellin. Cough it up.
              I believe the Lead Searcher has already found it and has gone in peace. And now, just like Bobby Fischer, has made the most unpredictable move of all... and has disappeared.

Think about it: no lawsuits, no stalkers, no problems... Why would anyone want that?

And as for Mr. Fenn's secret item, designed to entice the finder to come forward? That's only if the Lead Searcher wishes to sell whatever that might be. And if it is that beautiful (1933 Double-Eagle,) why would he want to sell it today, when you could enjoy it's splendor for many years to come, while crafting his book.

Only Willie knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Wonka View Post

I believe the Lead Searcher has already found it and has gone in peace. And now, just like Bobby Fischer, has made the most unpredictable move of all... and has disappeared.

Think about it: no lawsuits, no stalkers, no problems... Why would anyone want that?

And as for Mr. Fenn's secret item, designed to entice the finder to come forward? That's only if the Lead Searcher wishes to sell whatever that might be. And if it is that beautiful (1933 Double-Eagle,) why would he want to sell it today, when you could enjoy it's splendor for many years to come, while crafting his book.

Only Willie knows.
                Why do you believe that?

Comment

Only Willie knows.
                  I doubt it. Fenn prepared for all potential outcomes.

I believe he did in fact leave a few million in booty in the TC,

but he also left about $3M in deferred tax slips OWED to the IRS in the chest as well,

with a letter that reads: "Dear Lead Slug, I see you've got your hands on my booty.
                  What took you so long?! The treasure is there just as promised, every cent accounted for.
                  Here are the inheritance papers on all of it. It's yours free and clear. Also to be noted --
                  I've bequeathed you, along with these assets, some liabilities to the tune of ~$3M
                  just to make sure Indulgence's books are well-balanced. Yes, sadly for you,
                  this is the "surprise" item in the chest. Whatever your net worth WAS this morning,
                  it just got set back appx $1M. I'll be happy to pay these debts off for you,
                  leaving you 'just' the treasure. All you have to do is contact me within 30 days
                  of reading this letter -- and yes, one of those Double Eagles is actually a motion-
                  activated sensor, so I've already been notified you FINALLY did it, you soft-shelled hero!"

Your Truly,

The Hare

(why, after all, do you think he left a lock of his HAIR in the TC?!)

Fenn can be funny like that.

#ITriedToThinkOfEverything ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GSXbgfKFWg
                  Last edited by Ed E. Waters; 01-19-2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Only Willie knows.
                    I believe your previous narrative is the right one. I feel certain the poem was solved in October, and that it was the first time the location was actually identified in a way that made FF think the find was likely. There is “lead searcher” but the current lead searcher is well ahead of the last one- the proverbial 2018 lead searcher. I think it is different now because no one has been close enough before to truly close the deal. Physically close and close to within feet, with full knowledge and intent, and as much certainty as one can have, are completely different. This is why the scrapbooks exploded around 207. It was unprecedented. However, the treasure has not been retrieved. That part I feel certain of.

And I also feel certain that the last clue, the key, is worlds apart from the other clues. My view of this has changed dramatically over time. I think you can stand right on top of the treasure, and if you don’t have the location with precision of an architect, and if you don’t have some of FF’s guts and moxy, you won’t find it. Even when you are within a stone’s throw.

The first eight clues are 95% of the work. I think the other 105 percent is in the last clue; and finding the right key.

Comment

• Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

I believe your previous narrative is the right one. I feel certain the poem was solved in October, and that it was the first time the location was actually identified in a way that made FF think the find was likely. There is “lead searcher” but the current lead searcher is well ahead of the last one- the proverbial 2018 lead searcher. I think it is different now because no one has been close enough before to truly close the deal. Physically close and close to within feet, with full knowledge and intent, and as much certainty as one can have, are completely different. This is why the scrapbooks exploded around 207. It was unprecedented. However, the treasure has not been retrieved. That part I feel certain of.

And I also feel certain that the last clue, the key, is worlds apart from the other clues. My view of this has changed dramatically over time. I think you can stand right on top of the treasure, and if you don’t have the location with precision of an architect, and if you don’t have some of FF’s guts and moxy, you won’t find it. Even when you are within a stone’s throw.

The first eight clues are 95% of the work. I think the other 105 percent is in the last clue; and finding the right key.

Even if you are within a Stone's Throw, with the weather what it is, you'll need Thoreau's Stone (quote) to achieve a retrieval ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thoreau's Stone.PNG Views:	0 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	136887

Comment

Forrest Fenn posted SB 209 on October 4th. And the Chaos character's foot symbolically stands on a treasure. My "gut" tells me that the "Lead Searcher" figured out the solve possibly on 10/3, sent it to Forrest, and Forrest responded with this scrapbook.

I have to believe the "Lead Searcher" has it by now. Don't you?
                        Per Forrest's own words from the KPRO Cowlazers video, reveals a lot:

"So one of two things has happened. Either someone has found it and they're mad, or the whole thing is a hoax."

Maybe they're upset over what Forrest put them through. Divorce, lost job... to the brink of insanity.

Imagine surviving the holidays with the treasure in hand, but no more family around. We think any rational person would come forward once they've found it... but what if the "Lead Searcher" is no longer a rational person? That person was killed off after maybe trip 12 or 13.

For almost 3 years now, the "Lead Searcher" has thought they were going to find it... and after finally solving the unsolvable, the shine is now off the apple.
                        What do you think... am I way off base here?

Glad I'm just a dog and don't have to worry about such things.

Willie Wonka
                        Last edited by Willie Wonka; 01-22-2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• No, I feel certain the treasure has not been recovered. I have confidence that FF will know. Some of the discussion this week around methods of “knowing” has bolstered this idea as well.

A quick point about the LS debate. To me, there is a huge desire to fill the void as to “who” it will be. This is human nature. It’s what we do when we don’t know things. On the flip side, plenty of searchers don’t want to know that there is someone in the lead. It suggests the chase might be nearing an end. In that case, the cost is low for finger-wagging and claiming the LS idea is crazy. It’s akin to cheering for the winning team after the game is over. There’s no glory in it, no effort, and no risk. The LS isn’t going to bring the TC back to you to prove you wrong.

But... someone is in the lead, whether it’s by one step, one original thought, or 50 miles. FF knows the different points, layers, and angles by which the chase can be approached, so that may be what makes the term ill-fitting, coupled with the negativity the idea of an end engenders. If I know where it is, but I haven’t been BOTG, and you don’t know where it is, but you’ve solved enough clues to get within 200 feet and have been searching heavily at that range, eliminating ground, who is the LS?

The finder must live and breathe possibilities. They’re enamored with what could be, not what is. This is the childlike mind that is required. They’re a realist who is not afraid to jump in. They may be wrong, but because of their willingness to entertain what is uncertain, even slightly mad, they have the best chance. They are the why not, not the why. They will be willing to go just a little further past the point at which a reasonable person might have stopped- but not so far they can’t keep their day job. Smart enough to figure it out, but crazy enough to try. Linear, but also willing to keep on writing past the paper’s edge. Their mind works a lot like FF’s, and in completing the quest they have had to do many things he did, at least in some way. They’re an adult who hasn’t fully outgrown their childhood. They live a double life in some way. Not a nefarious way, but for a metaphor only- Indiana Jones. He had a “day job” but as soon as he punched out, he lived on the edges, occasionally returning with a bruise or cut to show for it. The LS probably goes to work with otherwise normal people, but downtime is consumed by the chase, and its possibilities. It’s what makes them feel alive- the search for adventure. Not reckless, not ruthless, but responsibly relentless. Colleagues and co-workers might be surprised at this streak, because by day they probably dress the part, but their mind is an engine that runs on the fuel of “what if.”

Fatigue is the enemy of the chaser, and those around them. Who will tire of looking, thinking? Who will tire of having to shelve their intensity around “reasonable” people, including family and colleagues? The LS has to feel they have a raging fire in their shirt pocket, but their life goes on anyway until the day they can uncover it. They grin through it and keep going. Metaphorically, they are member of “Fight Club.”

I think the test for “are you a LS” is a one question self-report. Do you feel like you are walking around with an inferno in your pocket? The answer you already know.

Comment

No, I feel certain the treasure has not been recovered. I have confidence that FF will know. Some of the discussion this week around methods of “knowing” has bolstered this idea as well.

A quick point about the LS debate. To me, there is a huge desire to fill the void as to “who” it will be. This is human nature. It’s what we do when we don’t know things. On the flip side, plenty of searchers don’t want to know that there is someone in the lead. It suggests the chase might be nearing an end. In that case, the cost is low for finger-wagging and claiming the LS idea is crazy. It’s akin to cheering for the winning team after the game is over. There’s no glory in it, no effort, and no risk. The LS isn’t going to bring the TC back to you to prove you wrong.

But... someone is in the lead, whether it’s by one step, one original thought, or 50 miles. FF knows the different points, layers, and angles by which the chase can be approached, so that may be what makes the term ill-fitting, coupled with the negativity the idea of an end engenders. If I know where it is, but I haven’t been BOTG, and you don’t know where it is, but you’ve solved enough clues to get within 200 feet and have been searching heavily at that range, eliminating ground, who is the LS?

The finder must live and breathe possibilities. They’re enamored with what could be, not what is. This is the childlike mind that is required. They’re a realist who is not afraid to jump in. They may be wrong, but because of their willingness to entertain what is uncertain, even slightly mad, they have the best chance. They are the why not, not the why. They will be willing to go just a little further past the point at which a reasonable person might have stopped- but not so far they can’t keep their day job. Smart enough to figure it out, but crazy enough to try. Linear, but also willing to keep on writing past the paper’s edge. Their mind works a lot like FF’s, and in completing the quest they have had to do many things he did, at least in some way. They’re an adult who hasn’t fully outgrown their childhood. They live a double life in some way. Not a nefarious way, but for a metaphor only- Indiana Jones. He had a “day job” but as soon as he punched out, he lived on the edges, occasionally returning with a bruise or cut to show for it. The LS probably goes to work with otherwise normal people, but downtime is consumed by the chase, and its possibilities. It’s what makes them feel alive- the search for adventure. Not reckless, not ruthless, but responsibly relentless. Colleagues and co-workers might be surprised at this streak, because by day they probably dress the part, but their mind is an engine that runs on the fuel of “what if.”

Fatigue is the enemy of the chaser, and those around them. Who will tire of looking, thinking? Who will tire of having to shelve their intensity around “reasonable” people, including family and colleagues? The LS has to feel they have a raging fire in their shirt pocket, but their life goes on anyway until the day they can uncover it. They grin through it and keep going. Metaphorically, they are member of “Fight Club.”

I think the test for “are you a LS” is a one question self-report. Do you feel like you are walking around with an inferno in your pocket? The answer you already know.
                            Nicely written...paints a profilic picture.

I would say this though: rather than "No, I feel certain the treasure has not been recovered."

perhaps, "No. I feel certain the treasure has not been retrieved."

When I read recovered, I read "re-covered".

Of course, when I read retrieved, I read "re-tree (v) ed".

Great post, JHS!

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

• Why worry about a lead searcher? Or who is closer. It's all hypothetical until someone has it Yes someone might be on the right path. in theory. But yet nobody but Fenn knows .And the theory that Fenn has been giving specific hints to one specific person doesn't seem to be to relevant since he has released 200+ scrapbooks and hundreds of answered emails and interviews. I do believe he is giving out extra hints all the time. Yet the so called LS could be passed by thousands with one key word. And to say the lead searcher is mad because he might of got divorced or lost a job but now found a multi-million dollar treasure. Wouldn't be the worse life lesson .

Comment

• I will not tyre. I have multiple considerations...one potential window couldn't be coordinated with the queen. There are other windows to look at but the youngins' got stuff going on, piano, ski team, soccer and volleyball; good grief...I am a chauffeur. Who knows if we are are in the lead or not? but I hope to tarry scat soon. Raging fire? Check, 10-4, copy clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X