Hemingway and Fitzgerald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemingway and Fitzgerald

In TTOTC Forrest writes specifically about “really important writers“ like Hemingway and Fitzgerald. There is an interesting series of letters (link below) I hadn’t seen before between these two writers during the writing of “The Great Gatsby” also referenced by Forrest. It’s a fascinating read for any who haven’t seen them. Forrest has at times included references to various searchers in his writings including some who may be closing in without naming them. If you think about it, he knows, among those who have contacted him, who, if anyone, is close and who isn’t even in the right state. It’s funny to think about it all in the context of the dialog these two had. Forrest, I can only imagine some of the fun you have had and are having with TTOTC. You’ve outwitted everyone to date with your masterpiece.

Another season is still months away and in my view it’s still anybody’s game and nothing is for certain. “The Tortoise and the Hare” comes to mind. Perhaps a tortoise will emerge among us in 2020 to claim the prize or maybe a hare will clench it or maybe the end will continue to elude everyone for yet another season. One can only have hope if one participates! I hope everyone gets the chance to feel that thrill in 2020.

https://news.clickhole.com/amazing-c...ngw-1825123534
    Last edited by Dampenedmyth; 01-05-2020, 02:42 PM.

I like both authors but Hemingway always has a crappy ending. I suppose Gatsby ends sourly too but those were the times. I have considered the parable of the Hare as well and if I knew it was the exact exact spot I would go. My solve points me on a Northeast aspect in the rockies and right now it's just snow. Therefore any plan b would not be successful and I don't want to go unless wy solve is right.

Comment

I wonder why ALL letters from both genius writers were obviously written on the same typewriter... the crumples of the paper look digital... I doubt the story is true...
      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
      G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Yes, I wondered if someone went to both of their homes and retrieved the letters. But it was fun and I just laughed.
        Last edited by Seabiscuit; 01-06-2020, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Gatsby must’ve read The Old Man and the Sea. I also started a brick pile.

Comment

I know when I was in the slammer, I always could use a good book. Sometimes the guard would open up the door to the library and us cons would raid the shelf. I like the ones with a lot of pictures, somehow they just spoke to me.
            https://youtu.be/VFEZOjtrwls

Comment

Originally posted by ex-con View Post
              I know when I was in the slammer, I always could use a good book. Sometimes the guard would open up the door to the library and us cons would raid the shelf. I like the ones with a lot of pictures, somehow they just spoke to me.
              Every art museum contains a library if you can read the images. There’s a reason that a blind person would have difficulty or even be unable to find it, and I think the ‘good map’ is vital. I’m not sure if a visual learner will find this thing, but visual spatial intuition/ skills are important to a pilot.

Comment

I only read the first post in this thread but Hemingway was a big presence In Cooke City and Silver Gate back in the day in the same area as the secrete valley Osbourne Russel wrote about.. just an FYI. My Ideas tie in with a bunch of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                  I wonder why ALL letters from both genius writers were obviously written on the same typewriter... the crumples of the paper look digital... I doubt the story is true...
                  Of course its satire....but it does remind me of an occasional torment. I am sure Hemingway would have enjoyed playing along.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post
                    I like both authors but Hemingway always has a crappy ending. I suppose Gatsby ends sourly too but those were the times. I have considered the parable of the Hare as well and if I knew it was the exact exact spot I would go. My solve points me on a Northeast aspect in the rockies and right now it's just snow. Therefore any plan b would not be successful and I don't want to go unless wy solve is right.
                    Hare. Good one.

Comment

Really needed that. Thanks!!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X