NM is overlooked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM is overlooked?

So if NM is the search state with the most searchers, yet F says it is also overlooked, what does that mean? It seems contradictory to me? I am thinking he is encouraging searchers to look at NM more....... thoughts?????
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Overlooked meaning looked at too much. Could be what he means. Forrest likes to use literal meanings not commonly understood.

Comment

Over-looked

Comment

its probably a good state to look over in a bigger picture sort of way. Lets pretend all of f sb's and words have some hintful merit, much of it being minUte.

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
          its probably a good state to look over in a bigger picture sort of way. Lets pretend all of f sb's and words have some hintful merit, much of it being minUte.
          Hooray for you Khan - I think you may be correct - don't "overlook" New Mexico but also don't assume that is where the treasure lies.
          The seasons change and so do the hunting grounds.

Comment

I know left where it is ! Lol

Comment

right where it was left, he says one word is more important than the others, BUT you have to know them all, that could be the missing thing, some sort of directional in the most important words.
              Last edited by khan; 12-26-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Directions? A right way and a wrong way.
                Just don't forget to yield.

Comment

is this "overlooked" quote, new?

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE
                    Thanks Roll Tide!

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                      Directions? A right way and a wrong way.
                      Just don't forget to yield.
                      The "big Y" has been thoroughly searched. Please don't underestimate ALL searchers.

Comment

kpro It seems to me that he changed his direction mid sentence.
                        First he says that a lot of people search New Mexico (which would make people not want to search there, thinking its over-searched)
                        but then he changes and says they "overlook it".....hmmmm
                        Then he changes the subject to his old standby - the occupancy rates up ....

My gut feeling is that he is trying to promote New Mexico to help the economy more than its relevant to the chase.

He realizes he can't say anything - everything he says he has to contradict himself- to muddy the waters. At this point if he declared, "Too many people search around here" BAM, I bet those hotel bookings would all be cancelled by the morning, and he knows this. He cares about his local economy!

But his very first words, those were the "truth words"- its over searched.

IMO

Comment

This one seems fairly straightforward to me.

The people who are "kinda overlooking New Mexico" are the same people who "make a big deal out of Montana and Wyoming and northern Colorado."

These are the people who have been trying to gauge how many tourists the hunt has brought to each of the four states, and apparently they're lauding the hunt's impact on Montana, Wyoming, and/or Colorado, but they don't seem to realize that the hotel occupancy rate in Santa Fe increased more than six percent two years in a row, etc.

When he's talking about "people" in this clip, he's not talking about searchers (he's talking about tourism bureau and chamber of commerce types).

Comment

Perhaps he wants someone to find it, after all 88 is up there. That's how old f really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hint View Post
                              Perhaps he wants someone to find it, after all 88 is up there. That's how old f really is.
                              No, he’s almost 90 (i.e. 89) his birthday is Aug 22, 1930.
                              “My Shadow Ain’t Cast by No Fool.” F

Comment

Working...
                              X