A different perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different perspective

This was posted by LurkerMike on another BLOG, hope you don't mind Mike.

There is without a doubt "in my mind" indicators for progression on a correct solution. Though the first clue is considered the most difficult since it will not know for sure until the chest is in hand. In my opinion, f has in place physical markers along the way related from his books, poem and SB's. Identifying the correct markers is the problem.

http://creationeer.co.uk/treasure/fo...enns-treasure/

ls could wreck the marker

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
      ls could wreck the marker
      if ff dropped bread crumbs, i bet he planned for a potential diabolical ls and installed ground sensors with camouflaged bread crumb dispensers just above.

Comment

Lead slug could slime the marker!
        „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
        G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

There is without a doubt "in my mind" indicators for progression on a correct solution. Though the first clue is considered the most difficult since it will not know for sure until the chest is in hand. In my opinion, f has in place physical markers along the way related from his books, poem and SB's. Identifying the correct markers is the problem.

"Identifying the correct markers is the problem" You aint kiddin, then try and find it once you've identified it, ridiculously hard!!!

Comment

"The clues get progressively easier"....maybe we are using the wrong definition of EASY.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post

This is a well written op ed, and the author makes some salient points. I am very curious as to the nom de plume he has used on the forums. However, he makes two points with which I disagree. On failure, he compares this to Edison’s teams multiple failures at developing the lightbulb. He says that they were finding things out along the way. He says the treasure hunt doesn’t work this way. I disagree, I believe it is possible to make progress in one’s solution. If I hadn’t made progress since I went on my first botg in May 2016, then I would have given up the chase long ago. In fact it’s the progress that I have made that has kept me going through 28 failed botg. The second point that I disagree with is the belief that Forrest has no idea as to the identity of the lead searcher. I believe the lead searcher has been in continuous email correspondence with Fenn. This correspondence has enabled Fenn to develop his scrapbooks and the hints that they hold. His gut feeling was no aberration. It just took the LS a little longer to catsup than Fenn anticipated.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
                If you are saying that these "physical markers" are natural markers then, yes I agree. These markers, or natural geological formations are the imagination solve of the poem.
                I'm reminded of the "it wouldn't be feasible to try" quote. About ... erasing the blaze? Makes me think of CHALK CLIFFS above Brown's Canyon -- on Mt. Princeton (if you've been Wise)
                Warm Waters -- hydrothermal Chalk Creek. Home of Brown -- Brown's Canyon. WWWH -- Brown's Canyon Warm Springs or Brown's Grotto Warm Springs (these are truly 'warm' {not hot} springs).
                Draws abide, which of course are paddleless creeks. There's an old railroad ruin from mining days -- Heavy Loads, history of flooding -- Water High, and Class 4 rapids that claim lives most every summer - NPFM. Okay, I'll stop now. 5 trips to this spot was my cut off. If you go and find TC, please fetch my blue "Purgatory" t-shirt for me. I left it in the slot canyon up Railroad Gulch.

Comment

Markers... confirmation... my guess is... if you were on the correct path, every single clue will fall in line and yes, you will know -not guess- you are right! These „markers“ start at clue 4 or 5.... that‘s why you could have wwwh right, but miss the rest!
                  And... these „markers“ are unique little proofs of THE Fenn-path! I am not talking about the colors of flowers or a white spot in a rocky formation! In my imagination you‘ll find tiny little things that SHOUT „I am FF and I did THAT!“!

And then it will progressively get easier.... really? Yes AND no! Yes, because you‘ll KNOW you‘re on the correct path, but no... NO!!!... because the next clue is next level! Harder and harder! But there‘s no need to turn back, so it‘s easy or easier... still... the clues itself are superduper tough and they‘ll have a multiple range of meanings!

So here you are... KNOWING, everything up to clue X is solved and you‘re working on clue X+1... easy because X is fixed, but hard, because X+1 sends you in multiple dead ends! Are you stubborn enough? Will you follow all the possible paths to their dead end just to return to X and do it again?

YES! And all this is the reason, why there‘s a LS and now you know why this guy/gal can be THIS far but THAT slow!

Just my 2 sense... and a possible explanation for the paradoxon of the ATF saying it gets progressively easier and this huge timespan between a gut feeling and..........

NOW!

Oh... and... Merry Christmas to my searcher family!!! Yes, that‘s you!
                  „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                  G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                    Markers... confirmation... my guess is... if you were on the correct path, every single clue will fall in line and yes, you will know -not guess- you are right! These „markers“ start at clue 4 or 5.... that‘s why you could have wwwh right, but miss the rest!
                    And... these „markers“ are unique little proofs of THE Fenn-path! I am not talking about the colors of flowers or a white spot in a rocky formation! In my imagination you‘ll find tiny little things that SHOUT „I am FF and I did THAT!“!

And then it will progressively get easier.... really? Yes AND no! Yes, because you‘ll KNOW you‘re on the correct path, but no... NO!!!... because the next clue is next level! Harder and harder! But there‘s no need to turn back, so it‘s easy or easier... still... the clues itself are superduper tough and they‘ll have a multiple range of meanings!

So here you are... KNOWING, everything up to clue X is solved and you‘re working on clue X+1... easy because X is fixed, but hard, because X+1 sends you in multiple dead ends! Are you stubborn enough? Will you follow all the possible paths to their dead end just to return to X and do it again?

YES! And all this is the reason, why there‘s a LS and now you know why this guy/gal can be THIS far but THAT slow!

Just my 2 sense... and a possible explanation for the paradoxon of the ATF saying it gets progressively easier and this huge timespan between a gut feeling and..........

NOW!

X is there in spirit

Comment

Yeah, why not... physical, metaphysical, spiritual, astronomical.... marker is marker... you‘ll know!
                      G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

NOW!

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well CowboyRocker !

Comment

Does anyone think that the spot can be on one of those islandy type of formations in one of the lakes in the Rockies?

The reason I say this is because that would fit the whole "Not far but too far to walk" since you can't just walk on water but you could take a small kayak or possibly swim- which would also suffice the "your effort will be worth the cold" - obviously Fenn would have taken some sort of boat.

But he also mentioned that the location is somewhere there has only one way to get to it that he said in one of his interviews. There are a few of these larger formations that have trees on them as well which could easily hide the chest.

Also he said that there was no man made structure nearby-
                          Lastly he said nobody is going to accidentally stumble on it- both of these get checked off with this idea

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiAlex View Post
                            Does anyone think that the spot can be on one of those islandy type of formations in one of the lakes in the Rockies?

The reason I say this is because that would fit the whole "Not far but too far to walk" since you can't just walk on water but you could take a small kayak or possibly swim- which would also suffice the "your effort will be worth the cold" - obviously Fenn would have taken some sort of boat.

But he also mentioned that the location is somewhere there has only one way to get to it that he said in one of his interviews. There are a few of these larger formations that have trees on them as well which could easily hide the chest.

Also he said that there was no man made structure nearby-
                            Lastly he said nobody is going to accidentally stumble on it- both of these get checked off with this idea

Thoughts?
                            My thoughts???

First, welcome to the Chase, MA and Merry Christmas!!

Second:
                            he also mentioned that the location is somewhere there has only one way to get to it that he said in one of his interviews.....
                            he said that there was no man made structure nearby....
                            he said nobody is going to accidentally stumble on it....

You have gotten one out of three correct.....not bad for a new searcher. Not to nit-pick but it is imperative that you correctly understand what "he said", and apparently you don't.

Now, if you can provide citations for the two incorrect statements you attributed to fenn, then I will gladly apologize for doubting you??

Good Luck to ya, MiamiAlex…..loco

Comment

NOW!

I imagine that I found a tiny little thing that shouted "I am FF and I did THAT!"
                              I kept the thing as a souvenir. But I also realize that it's not available to be found by another searcher. Oh, well. The early bird gets the worm.

Comment

Working...
                              X