• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If It's Buried....

If It's Buried....

1. How will you know where to dig?
    2. How will you know how deep to dig?
    3. How will you know what direction to dig?

If the chest is buried and assuming the Blaze marks the spot, what kind of blaze will be required to mark the exact 10"x10" location? If you are incorrect on your first shovel full of dirt and are off by 12", you might dig for a long time and find nothing? How long would you dig in the wrong spot before giving up?

If the chest is buried along a river bank, you could dig down or you could dig in towards the shore, vertical vs. horizontal. If the blaze is large how will you figure out where to start digging. Seems the type of Blaze could create a logistics challenge and possible make finding the final location hard to pin down. Or, does it?

What if you need something more besides the Blaze to pin down the exact 10"x10" location? How would you know what to look for or use? Triangulation has been mentioned by Sacha, but how. If you don't have the right numbers for the triangulation, you are aiming in the dark.

Curious to hear other's thoughts.

I don’t plan on digging. I’m going to remove debris, take one of these, stand in front of it, and invite it to rise:

I just have to know which note.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
      I don’t plan on digging. I’m going to remove debris, take one of these, stand in front of it, and invite it to rise:

Ha!
      Excellent Rose, you've been paying attention! And in tune with what is key!
      Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
        It is my opinion that:
        Forrest has stated that a metal detector will help you if you are in the right spot. There is only one reason you would need a metal detector. It is not visible to the naked eye and its buried. It is metal detector deep. The poem coordinates puts you within that 13 to 30ft to use the detector.
        As far as the blaze goes, it is not feasible to remove and this makes it massive. If it were something small, a rock pick would be the feasible tool. In my solve the blaze is 3 football fields in size. After you view the blaze you have a quest to finish. Cease = finish. Yes, If you do not have the correct coordinates, you are aiming in the dark.
        The Thrill of The CHASE
        I think everything you wrote is spot on, Oh. Nice job.
        But what happens when you get down to what you believe to be the final spot and spend 3-4 months detecting it with multiple high-end machines but just can't find TC?
        Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of ... Fennsanity? (often perpetrated by Fennatics)

Thanks for any advice you can impart.

Comment

I for one see, that you'll need a good eye. Being able to pass the swinging flashlight test should give insight to the finder. ALL IN my humble ofcourse. https://www.allaboutvision.com/resources/pupil.htm
          https://youtu.be/k363NPMuw_w
          https://youtu.be/o5-yjO26ih0

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

"but you can't tuna fish."
            Attached Files

Comment

Then my last coordinates would be off. If coordinates are correct, you should be able to find it in a day. I feel that if you have searched every square inch of your coordinates in a 50 ft radius and you don't find it, go back to camp and study. Let's say that you 100% know that your longitude coordinates are correct, but uncertain about your ending latitude coordinates, that can be remedied by staying exactly on your longitude coordinates, while working the detector from 1 to 99 of the end latitude coordinates in a straight line (000°00'00.99"N) and you will succeed.
              Hey you could even sing the song 99 bottles of beer, except change it to "98 more lines to cross, you walk one down, along the ground, 97 more lines to cross!
              Solid advice. I've tried it. I 'was' confident in my Longitude Line, but after weeks of scanning it, that feeling has dwindled.

Regarding crooning, yesterday I was singing a song on a dig, and in the evening someone posted that very song on HoR.
              I half thought before Fenn might have cameras up in the trees. I just never imagined they might have AUDIO!

Comment

if you dont know exactly where it is, within 10 feet, just forget it. A detector is madness. I don't care how frosty squeaked or the meaning of a bip sound.

Comment

Maybe not buried but could be "berried".....

Comment

Atone for what?

Comment

OU AW ED
                      "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

OH: at the risk of repetition, metal detectors are "technology," and Forrest said technology is NOT going to help us find that treasure chest. Forrest equivocates every time the subject of treasure burial comes up. WHY?! If it's buried, it's buried. He'd just say so. But he doesn't--he goes out of his way to correct people when they use that word. So it isn't. At least by him. It *could* be covered up by the elements by now after 9+ years.

Comment

The meaning of "buried" is not clear (I almost said "too fuzzy"), so I wouldn't worry about this. I suggest you focus on location. And I don't believe math or numbers or coordinates are part of a perfect solve.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                            The meaning of "buried" is not clear (I almost said "too fuzzy"), so I wouldn't worry about this. I suggest you focus on location. And I don't believe math or numbers or coordinates are part of a perfect solve.
                            I dont what a perfect solve is but a real one will require some math. Are u sure ur a pilot?

Comment

Then please explain to me why he made the statement of: " A metal detector will help you if your in exactly the right spot" Are you dismissing his statement?
                              A metal detector pinpoints and is exact. So, you are standing atop the chest when the detector squeals and it helps you. If it helps you this means YOU CANNOT SEE IT.
                              I tried the regular metal detector and found it of no use, so i switched to a pinpoint one! I think it'll do the trick nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X