No announcement yet.

Lawsuit against FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't sweat this one too much guys, this guy is a total joke. I doubt this will ever even go to court but if it does this man will be embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
      Just had a funny thot - maybe all of us searchers that have been there, done that, and came up empty-handed can join in a "class action" suit with him.
      I know it was there but...........
      Please don't encourage idiots to do something idiotic. In a really bad-case scenario, things could get quite (shall we say) "unpleasant" for people due to idiocy. I even wonder if the entire treasure hunt is
      now in jeopardy due to this kind of idiocy. And by the way, not all judges are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
        I understand the time consuming frivolity and infuriating inconvenience, but can we all take a step off the hate train and genuinely consider the likelihood of mental distress/ illness?
        Maybe. I hate it being (over-)used as a defense, though. Please bear with me while I try to provide a similar scenario: In a village in India, if a rogue elephant goes on a rampage and starts killing the
        local people, should we carefully and gently try to subdue the elephant, in order to psychoanalyze it -- so we can determine why it went on a rampage? I say no! A menace should be promptly and
        effectively neutralized.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Maybe. I hate it being (over-)used as a defense, though. Please bear with me while I try to provide a similar scenario: In a village in India, if a rogue elephant goes on a rampage and starts killing the
          local people, should we carefully and gently try to subdue the elephant, in order to psychoanalyze it -- so we can determine why it went on a rampage? I say no! A menace should be promptly and
          effectively neutralized.
          I do hope there’s no rampaging or neutralizing required, and self-defense is never a bad thing.
          If Sherif Billy’s research is correct I’m firmly in the ‘yep, this guy’s an a**hat camp’ (not that I wasn’t before.)
          I agree it’s an overused cop-out in many courts (by defendants though, not plaintiffs), but with dwindling mental health services and closing hospitals- guess where these people go? Somehow I doubt the most observant are doing intake evaluations. All I ask is that it’s considered Before we make a judgement avarice is the only possible motive- just as I hope law enforcement would consider psychosis before just shooting someone brandishing a spork or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Im still under the illusion, some might say delusion, that I have solved the poem. The poem takes you to a precise spot, but the treasure isn't there. Its nearby, but more than 12 feet away. Unfortunately, I didnt figure it out until after I got back from my last botg at the beginning of November. Now its winter, and I'm not driving halfway across the country in the winter. The treasure can wait til spring, its not going anywhere. So I think I have solved it and sharing my solve while still remaining anonymous would not be very nice if I also want to be the finder. As for the finder selling their story and still remaining anonymous, I think that is impossible, whoever is going to pay money for a winning solution is going to want to know the identity of the finder.
            Im def in the delusional camp. I went botg right before thanksgiving in the snow, the blaze is kinda hard to identify with snow on the ground. The poem took me to a place where you look for his blaze. I got close this time, im one off right now. Ill be back.

Comment

Old Pilot - You said,

"Maybe. I hate it being (over-)used as a defense, though. Please bear with me while I try to provide a similar scenario: In a village in India, if a rogue elephant goes on a rampage and starts killing the
              effectively neutralized."

"Effectively" is the key word hear, Old Pilot. We have lost our ability to effectively control a solution, especially a "correct" solution.
              Oh and some judges ARE more perfect than others.....
              Last edited by wwwamericana; 12-06-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Oh and some judges ARE more perfect than others.....[/QUOTE]
                Some judges are less imperfect than others....

Comment

Originally posted by RoKi
                  Do you guys think Forrest is upset about this?
                  Does he care?
                  sure he is upset, who wouldn't be. will the case go very far.. doubt it like most everyone does...

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post

sure he is upset, who wouldn't be. will the case go very far.. doubt it like most everyone does...
                    forrest doesn't get 'upset.' he has two modes -- burying treasure, and handling shit. right now, he's not burying treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8b-gh5bt-0

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
                      A prime example of why the eventual finder may want to remain silent and not share their solve with the world.
                      The person who finds it will not be able to remain quiet.
                      One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others. - Lewis Carroll

Comment

That'll go nowhere. Same with claims against finder.
                        Questing song:
                        The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

That still remains to be determined.
                          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

I believe that to be so. This frivolous lawsuit is something the chase community needs to see play out. There has been many people that appear downright paranoid about standing tall and telling the world "I did it". And that is vary sad indeed.

Comment

I've probably spent too much time thinking about this, but I've had a certain wave of thought on the subject that I've not seen expressed elsewhere. This centers on the ebbs and flows between the base, inherent self-gratifying needs of the id and the conscious decisions of the ego, tempered by the super-ego which strives for socially acceptable behavior.

With that in mind, what if this Lead Searcher has determined that his ego and id could be equally satisfied by coming forward BEFORE actually retrieving the chest? How is the LS defining behavior that would be socially acceptable? After all, in the words of Poet John Lydgate - words made famous by Abraham Lincoln: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

What if LS determined that open recognition by others need not be the source of energy for ego that coming forward in some cloaked manner (whether on THOR, HOD, Harry's, some Facebook page or even Reddit or CC) could provide; a sort of Dimmer Switch versus the instantaneous "Off/On" moment of announcing himself as the Retriever of the chest?

Would this "Dimmer Switch" approach provide enough satisfaction and, also a greater sense of control over the potential days that follow Forrest's announcement that the chest has been retrieved?

Would this approach provide LS the opportunity to engage with Forrest furtively, yet openly, bringing yet another level of satisfaction that could offset the need for more public recognition?

So many questions as we come to what seems like the end....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HstmAnXY5r8

Peace,

Orion the Hunter

Comment

Some people on this site really really REALLY , need to get over themselves.

But hey, while I'm here, could a few of you shower me with adoration and worship me while you tell the world how awesome I am ?
                                That's really all I'm here for . . . I want the world to know how smart and kewl and suave I am.
                                Well, that, plus all the guys here should call me Sir Knowsalot and it would be totally fly if all you ladies could address me as Mr. Man.

Comment

Working...
                                X