Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sterculian Myth?

We've all heard this talk of a proverbial "Lead Searcher."

If there is in fact a LS ... existing, lurking, hunkering, hiding ... somewhere out there, I have little doubt said individual
    has waded through much that is dark, rank, and off-putting in pursuit of Fenn's treasure, both in terms of hard searches,
    tough scrapes through wilderness (rivers, canyons, deep dark woods, abandoned ghost towns, homes of Brown),
    legal conundrums, conflict with 'authorities,' shade slung by family, friends, judgers, haters, flack thrown his/her way
    from the search community, the media, a bit of taunting and ribbing from Forrest himself, compounded by his/her own
    inner turmoil, self-doubt, uncertainty, fatigue, despair, and lastly, given the sheer number of creatures roaming about
    the wilds defecating in dark corners, canyon bottoms, thickets of trees, I think it's safe to say said LS has probably
    placed both hand and foot in caca ... and on more than one occasion.

For all these reasons and more, The Chase's version of a 'Hero' which the community has coined Lead Hunter or LS,
    is something of a darkened, dirtied, sullied bastardization of Campbell's 'Hero.'

With these ideas in mind, I give you The Chase's most colorful notion of a LS:

The Hero With a Thousand Feces
    (A Sterculian Tale of unyielding fecundity)

Or if re-titled by Madison Avenue 'suits' for marketing purposes:

Fifty Shades of Brown

Notice if you will, by looking at the above text, how there are no real solid options for "Brown."

Which brings me to my next point ...

Fenn's good, late comrade, Eric Sloane once complained: "Brown is a neglected color" ("Seventeen Dollars A Square Inch" by Forrest Fenn, p. 73);
    perhaps Fenn's Chase & subsequent poem is a colorful dedication, paying homage to a complaint voiced by an old friend, and paying it in Spades.

Or maybe since Fenn has waked the path to fortune himself, he knows the LS's journey to Indulgence is certain to be
    riddled with various hues of Brown, and simply wanted to admonish any individual willing to take the plunge by filling
    his poem with ample warning, which would explain more than one queer line:

Home of Brown
    No Paddle Up Creek
    No Place for Meek
    Heavy Loads
    Water High
    WWWH
    End Drawing Nigh

While we'll perhaps never know the author's true intentions,
    I think the one statement we can make with a fair degree of certainty
    is that Fenn, like Shakespeare, is in no way remiss of pointing out:

The fine line between Eschatological & Scatological.

"Something is rotten in Denmark"
    "You shall nose him as you go up the stairs"

I can smell the sunshine where Fenn's treasure lies,
    but sunshine isn't the only thing I smell ...

#DoubleOmegas
    #TheEndIsNosingNigh

All that litters is not gold ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sterculius.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	130210
    Last edited by Cross-Eyed Dottie; 11-26-2019, 03:48 PM.

Originally posted by Cross-Eyed Dottie View Post

If there is in fact a LS ... existing, lurking, hunkering, hiding ... somewhere out there, I have little doubt said individual
    has waded through much that is dark, rank, and off-putting in pursuit of Fenn's treasure, both in terms of hard searches,
    tough scrapes through wilderness (rivers, canyons, deep dark woods, abandoned ghost towns, homes of Brown),
    legal conundrums, conflict with 'authorities,' shade slung by family, friends, judgers, haters, flack thrown his/her way
    from the search community, the media, a bit of taunting and ribbing from Forrest himself, compounded by his/her own
    inner turmoil, self-doubt, uncertainty, fatigue, despair, and lastly, given the sheer number of creatures roaming about
    the wilds defecating in dark corners, canyon bottoms, thickets of trees, I think it's safe to say said LS has probably

For all these reasons and more, The Chase's version of a 'Hero' which the community has coined Lead Hunter or LS,
    is something of a darkened, dirtied, sullied bastardization of Campbell's 'Hero.'

Fifty Shades of Brown

Notice if you will, by looking at the above text, how there are no real solid options for "Brown."

Fenn's good, late comrade, Eric Sloane once complained: "Brown is a neglected color" ("Seventeen Dollars A Square Inch" by Forrest Fenn, p. 73);
    perhaps Fenn's Chase & subsequent poem is a colorful dedication, paying homage to a complaint voiced by an old friend, and paying it in Spades.

Or maybe since Fenn has waked the path to fortune himself, he knows the LS's journey to Indulgence is certain to be
    riddled with various hues of Brown, and simply wanted to admonish any individual willing to take the plunge by filling

Home of Brown
    No Paddle Up Creek
    No Place for Meek
    Heavy Loads
    Water High
    WWWH
    End Drawing Nigh

#DoubleOmegas
    #TheEndIsNosingNigh

I think you are full of it
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Your mention of the LS reminded of the old movie, Man of a Thousand Faces; but then again it also reminded me of another movie, The Man without a Face.
      Wonder which is more appropriate? Gosh dang I hate that term "lead searcher" surely there is a better name that could be used.
      Oh and I agree - all that glitters is not gold - even fools know that.

Comment

Lead Slug was perfect imo

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
          Lead Slug was perfect imo
          You would, of course, like that term. Ever use wax?

Comment

So, I thought it would be fun to Anagram "Lead Searcher" Came up with some pretty interesting results....

Sacred Healer
            Searcher Dale
            Clearer Heads
            Decal Hes Rare

lol... I think the "Lead Slug" is funny

Comment

Make me ponder how ugly it will be, when it is revealed the treasure has been retrieved?

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy View Post
                Make me ponder how ugly it will be, when it is revealed the treasure has been retrieved?
                It will be a shite show
                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Notfarbuttoofartowalk
                  like the poem says,
                  butto farto, yall

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Eyed Dottie View Post

Fifty Shades of Brown

Home of Brown
                    No Paddle Up Creek
                    No Place for Meek
                    Heavy Loads
                    Water High
                    WWWH
                    End Drawing Nigh

#DoubleOmegas
                    #TheEndIsNosingNigh

Click image for larger version Name:	Sterculius.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	130210
                    Interesting perspective! I would think that if someone was actually the ls/lh and brave enough to challenge such then they’ve probably already crawled and barely dragged themself through enough poo in their lifetime that nothing fazes them. I don’t think they’d be a hero in any sense..it takes a strong person with a strong perception of the world as a whole, you must think with your brain and feel with your heart. All the answers are here, they lie within. xo

Comment

What if the ls/lh has already been through all those things and decided they didn’t want it, they didn’t want it because they see the picture as a whole, money/valuables don’t mean nearly as much to them as knowledge itself and knowing the world for what it truly is..I personally think the real one who could solve it isn’t after money or fame, they’re testing their wits for themselves, it’s their own personal challenge. Ff designed this to last around a thousand years, I personally see this lasting 1,000+ ..whomever could solve his unsolvable poem probably doesn’t need fame or fortune because they know the true meaning. I have a ton of respect and wholeheartedly love for Mr. Fenn <3

Comment

https://youtu.be/tXPEvtYVMcQ

Comment

Yuck! Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Peace <3 & Harmony View Post
                            Yuck! Lmao
                            Though I'd bring a little humour to the subject of this post.
                            Last edited by Countryboy; 11-27-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I see that! Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X